Author Topic: Goverment Types, Religon, Protesters?  (Read 5382 times)

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Goverment Types, Religon, Protesters?
« on: March 02, 2006, 09:55:46 pm »
Do you think you will be able to contrule what religion your city has? or what type of government they have? Will they protest when you go to war? Can there me revolts and civil war? I remember in the GDC video Wills animals did react to him making a building and he said they react to what you do does it go further? Steve said something veg about this he said that you would be able to take out your opponents leaders that means you must have leaders right? I think all of these are possibilities and it would be cool if implemented. Is there any info on this? What are your thoughts on the social interactions at the city stage and beyond.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Goverment Types, Religon, Protesters?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 10:01:09 pm »
The city stage is supposed to be like Sims.  We might see a type of rioting or your shops are going to be boycotted and you'll lose money.  I kinda hope that at that time your creature will won't to do what you want to do unless you are trying to make an evil empire or a good one.  Your creature are supposed to take after how you play the game earlier on, so I don't know.  Maybe if you decide to change your style of playing with the creatures they will rebel against it.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 10:28:53 pm »
The city stage is supposed to be like Sims.  We might see a type of rioting or your shops are going to be boycotted and you'll lose money.  I kinda hope that at that time your creature will won't to do what you want to do unless you are trying to make an evil empire or a good one.  Your creature are supposed to take after how you play the game earlier on, so I don't know.  Maybe if you decide to change your style of playing with the creatures they will rebel against it.

City stage is supposed to be like SimCity.
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 10:32:26 pm »
I think it is suppose to be a hybrid of Sim city, civ, populous, and others not the Sims,

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 03:30:08 am »
The only thing that was said about that is that it was going to be a simplified version of Sim City, not really much more was said.

Personal art galleries:

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 05:54:38 am »
Its supposed to be a watered down version of simcity, but obviously will include elements from civ
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 10:58:21 am »
The city stage is going to be like SimCity and Ceasar.
The civ stage will be like Risk and Civilization.

*sigh*

Anyway, I think that civics and culture are going to be in it.  And protests and whatnot are in pretty much every Wright game, so those will be there too.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 11:15:02 am »
The city stage is going to be like SimCity and Ceasar.
The civ stage will be like Risk and Civilization.

*sigh*

Anyway, I think that civics and culture are going to be in it. And protests and whatnot are in pretty much every Wright game, so those will be there too.

I bet that it will turn into something like Black & White or B&W2.  I just hope that the population can do some things for themselves besides just complaining to us whenever something happens or doesn't happen.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 11:21:06 am »
I bet that it will turn into something like Black & White or B&W2. I just hope that the population can do some things for themselves besides just complaining to us whenever something happens or doesn't happen.

Well if you look at the speculated meanings of the status bars on SporeWiki, you'd know that their level of dependance on you changes per stage of development/succes/evolution, so one level is going to be like that yes probably. But not at the same size.

Personal art galleries:

Offline KroBua

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 11:25:55 am »
I bet that it will turn into something like Black & White or B&W2. I just hope that the population can do some things for themselves besides just complaining to us whenever something happens or doesn't happen.

I agree I think that it will be very Black and Whitish once you get to this stage.  It seems like the perfect way to lead your town.

Also VFX Watch where did you get that counter for the revolution, I looked at that site, is yours just made up?  Kind of a personal ticker... anyways is it right?

Ug, I got a stupid pink unicorn, hope next is better.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 01:49:46 pm »
It isn't made up.  All the Revolution's features are going to be revealed, all the launch titles playable, and information public at the beginning of E3.  They may even pull an apple and release it that day...
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 07:07:40 pm »
It isn't made up. All the Revolution's features are going to be revealed, all the launch titles playable, and information public at the beginning of E3. They may even pull an apple and release it that day...
unlikely.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 09:01:14 pm »
It isn't made up.  All the Revolution's features are going to be revealed, all the launch titles playable, and information public at the beginning of E3.  They may even pull an apple and release it that day...

Yeah and I'll wake up with fully functional legs tommorow!

Edit:  I still can't walk :D
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 09:15:23 pm »
Yeah and I'll wake up with fully functional legs tommorow!

Edit: I still can't walk :D

You can't walk? Why?
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 08:02:23 am »
I have cerebral palsy.

i use that line all the time, im in a wheelchair so whenever someone says something i dont find likely i say something snarky like... before you finish that sentence im late for my jog around the block... or something like i said above just to be funny ;D

I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.