Author Topic: Vehicle and Alien Life news, direct from Will Wright  (Read 44175 times)

Offline TotalSandwich

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle and Alien Life news, direct from Will Wright
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2006, 07:23:44 pm »
There will be 3 talks at the GDC spore realted, which means a ton of new content and porbably at least one more gameplay video.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Rutilant

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2006, 07:49:21 pm »
There will be 3 talks at the GDC spore realted, which means a ton of new content and porbably at least one more gameplay video.

Don't set your hopes too high. They sound more like design and programming seminars using Spore as an example. The news about Spore will probably be minimal untill E3.

Then again, after a year of no new information, we've resorted to staring at the Spore video, for bigfoot-style creature sightings, so even a new screenshot or two would be fantastic.

Offline 7LES

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2006, 09:55:21 pm »

Don't set your hopes too high. They sound more like design and programming seminars using Spore as an example. The news about Spore will probably be minimal untill E3.

Then again, after a year of no new information, we've resorted to staring at the Spore video, for bigfoot-style creature sightings, so even a new screenshot or two would be fantastic.

I disagree along with Will Wright there will be to developers from maxis that have already specified that they will talk about spore.

Offline Spore_Will

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2006, 01:28:39 am »
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what was going on. I used to get maybe 2 or 3 questions a day about Spore from random people (which I enjoyed answering between meetings). A few days ago that number shot up way into the double digits (about 1/2 my email now). I think I've tracked it back to here.

With this many it's impossible for me to answer it all and I feel like it's unfair for me to answer some but not others. If the volume drops back down hopefully I can go back to answering them.

I hope everyone understands... I imagine you'd rather get Spore sooner than have me answering emails all day.

Now I'm sure a long discussion will ensue over whether I'm really me (chuckle)

-Will Wright

Offline SumGI

• Pitfall Phreak
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2006, 01:31:42 am »
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what was going on. I used to get maybe 2 or 3 questions a day about Spore from random people (which I enjoyed answering between meetings). A few days ago that number shot up way into the double digits (about 1/2 my email now). I think I've tracked it back to here.

With this many it's impossible for me to answer it all and I feel like it's unfair for me to answer some but not others. If the volume drops back down hopefully I can go back to answering them.

I hope everyone understands... I imagine you'd rather get Spore sooner than have me answering emails all day.

-Will Wright

*double-take*
*cough*emailwouldbenice*cough*
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 01:33:16 am by SumGI »
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Samog

• Karate Champ
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2006, 01:37:33 am »
I wonder who'll offer the fishy stick this time.

So, have you seen SporeWiki?

I suppose the High Priest should be more formal than this.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2006, 01:39:12 am »
Hi everyone,

-Will Wright

:-[

I am guilty of sending him one yesterday Wow! this must really be Will. *waves then falls over because i "THE WILL" actually posted here*
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 01:41:43 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline SumGI

• Pitfall Phreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2006, 01:42:49 am »
Have I been slapped in the face with Will Wright, or have I just been the victim of a horrible joke? 
-Will Wright (not...me)
How about a photo-copied image of a letter in Mr. Wright's handwritting?
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2006, 01:43:53 am »
can it really be Will???...come on, would will really post like this to say this specifically, wouldn't he be busy??

Can gaming steve verify the IP address??
Under construction

Offline SumGI

• Pitfall Phreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2006, 01:46:50 am »
Gosh, I am on a sugar high!

Offline Samog

• Karate Champ
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2006, 01:48:44 am »
Either he's watching the thread and deciding how sane we are, or, as a certain unnamed source says, he's narcoleptic and has fallen asleep on the f5 key.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2006, 01:49:23 am »
because i got high because i got high because i got high....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 01:12:14 am by Lambsquirter »
Under construction

Offline Spore_Will

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2006, 01:54:46 am »
I knew this would happen...

Look, I'll email Steve next week (from the office, I'm at home now and don't have VPN on this machine) and confirm that this is indeed me.

I actually do read these forums quite a bit. There's great stuff here, you all would be surprised how much our dev team follows this forum,  but as you can imagine I just don't have the time to answer the millions of questions that come up. Bessides my PR people would go crazy if I did, they do all this negotiating with magazines about new info, etc... well anyway it gets very complicated.

-Will

Offline Tantalus

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2006, 02:03:37 am »
*Laughs till he falls unconscious*

Offline 7LES

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2006, 02:37:08 am »
I think its him, no one has lied about being someone else before here from what i remember.
If this is Will Wright i would like to say thanks your games have given me and my brother and sister endless hours of entertainment.