Author Topic: every time same galaxy?  (Read 5571 times)

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
every time same galaxy?
« on: March 01, 2006, 02:17:30 am »
I've just thought of that:
when i start a new creature - or game - will it be in the same galaxy as in my first one and can i meet my first creatures on their homeplanet (and their colonies)?
that could become interesting....so you can enslave the population of your first game or wipe it out.....or using for crossbreeding

and if it's always the same galaxy, will i getting bigger every time i start a new game/creature?

questions over questions  ::) (can't wait until testing it ingame ;D)

~~#SPORE#~~ :D ~~#SPORE#~~ :D
~~#SPORE is ON#~~ :D :D
~~#EXCELENT#~~ :D
Visit my Profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mechanikus

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: every time same galaxy?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 09:34:43 am »
If you ever found them then it's very possible. Your planet is uploaded to the server and downloaded to your new game. Finding it would be nearly impossible., of course.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 04:05:28 pm »
That's actually a pretty good question. Will it be the same galaxy for every game, or will a new one be randomly generated for you every time you start fresh? If it is the same one every time it makes at least some sense that your previous creation should already exist there, and in theory you could eventually find it in the next game. But then assuming you advanced your last species to the galactic stage that'd mean a race exists that's more advanced than your new one, and from what I gathered that's regretably not supposed to be possible.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Omnipotence

• Galaxian Guru
  • Don't wish doom on your enemy, Plan It!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 05:15:32 pm »
I dont think anyone has thought of meeting their former creations before,

However, it is pretty definate and I think it might have been confirmed,
that everyone's galaxy is randomly generated.

You could still maybe find your creature, maybe even change all your filters so that
it would put your old creature on lots of planets so it would be easier to find.

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 05:18:46 pm »
I dont think anyone has thought of meeting their former creations before,

However, it is pretty definate and I think it might have been confirmed,
that everyone's galaxy is randomly generated.

You could still maybe find your creature, maybe even change all your filters so that
it would put your old creature on lots of planets so it would be easier to find.
Or maybe a "ping creature* addition for your UFO.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 05:17:07 pm by SumGI »
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Omnipotence

• Galaxian Guru
  • Don't wish doom on your enemy, Plan It!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 05:23:10 pm »
I think this is a good spore wishlist addition :D

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 05:07:51 pm »
It would be awsome to actually find your own creation in there!
Then you could change them culturally or mix up with them.
Or you could take two samplecreatures and then blow the planet to smithereens
or you could just let them be.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 05:13:25 pm »
I would really really want this to make up my own full world of creatures and plants as such, that would be awesome.
So a big variety of filter selections would definately be a big wish for me.

Although there is the option to create new life at the UFO stage...but then it wouldn't start from the cell stage, or will it?

Personal art galleries:

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 05:32:11 pm »
I seriously doubt it will be the same galaxy.
If you build up a huge empire of ruthless killing machines, you new creatures gonna have some real trouble once he comes to town.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 05:41:19 pm »
I seriously doubt it will be the same galaxy.
If you build up a huge empire of ruthless killing machines, you new creatures gonna have some real trouble once he comes to town.

Well seeing it from that if your previous one didn't conquer the galaxy as whole. As explained that you probably won't see all the planets in your lifetime. There would be way enough planets in your personal galaxy to safely start from.

Personal art galleries:

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 11:27:15 pm »
I would think that each galaxy would be different, content wise, as your game will be filled with content based on how you play.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 11:03:01 am »
I bet that each galaxy will be different but I would love to see that your previously made creatures how up around your new galaxy at various stages of development.  It might be hard to figure out if the creature was yours or not simply because we don't know how often the game uploads your information.  It might be everytime you evolve the creature or it might be semi-periodic.  If that is the case, you might see 100 creatures that all resemble yours from different stages of development.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 11:17:35 am »
OR, this would be absolutely cool if it was, you each and everytime would have the same galaxy but then you would start at a totally different place and your previous creatures start at null of their sentient life at their homeplanet. And seeing everything moves and because of it's sheer bigness, you would just know your other creature is out there but you can't find him.

Ridiculous, I know, but if we would have ALL the information about the game and nothing to speculate and dream about this board wouldn't even exist.

Personal art galleries:

Offline KroBua

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 11:44:46 am »
I remember once that Will said that your galaxy will be unique to you.  And that the planets around there will also be unique to how you make your creature, so if you make a water creature then more water planets will "form" around you, so that you see more water planets, same difference if your a land creature.  Which means it can't be the same galaxy the same time if its ever changing can it?

Also I can find the quote if need be... :)

Ug, I got a stupid pink unicorn, hope next is better.

Offline Rhapsodian Blue

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 01:19:10 pm »
That's actually a pretty good question. Will it be the same galaxy for every game, or will a new one be randomly generated for you every time you start fresh?

???? There are, by current estimates, 100 billion stars in the milky way galaxy! This number, pulled from one of my textbooks (published in 2000) doesn't even take into account the several billion recently discovered stars in the galactic interior.

The model they're using is far larger than they could ever hope to fill. My vote is a single galaxy. I'd imagine this galaxy (regarding placement of planets, types and the life on them) would be randomly generated each time (but content from the servers would be used to populate this singular galaxy to the full)..

Now, if they have multiple planet types that effect gameplay in some fashion (i.e. iceworlds or lavaworlds encouraging various different types of evolutionary development) it would be interesting to see my Fwaggle, which originally was created for a temperate plains kind of existence, evolving slightly differently when placed by the computer on an artic world (etc). I would doubt spore will be this sophisticated, however.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 01:27:34 pm by Rhapsodian Blue »

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 02:02:12 pm »
This brings up a lot of other questions, for instance, will the game be set so u always have the advantage? Or will there be races that are smart enough and powerful enough to actually be a threat to you with procedural strategic protocols?
Will Wright, the original.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 02:05:14 pm »
I think that it will be as hard as you want it to be.. anyone can play the sims, but it is very hard to play it wll enough and balance everything to get promothions and keep you aspirations up.

Offline Brat_Boy

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 02:12:04 pm »
I hope there will be a sort of AI Difficulty setting, so that we can decide whether evolving against and conquering other races will be easy or difficult, and whether or not other races might start out a bit ahead. Like whether a past race you created will stay where it is or be limited in advancement until you catch up.
Sonata II Case with 450W Smartpower PSU
Athlon 64 3700+
eVGA 6800 GS @ 500/1.2
2gb Corsair Valueselect
Asus A8N-E

I want Oblivion and Spore. Now.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 02:16:35 pm »
Well, every race will be hard to your creature  in its own way based on personality , vehicles and spiecies

Offline Rhapsodian Blue

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 02:42:47 pm »
This brings up a lot of other questions, for instance, will the game be set so u always have the advantage? Or will there be races that are smart enough and powerful enough to actually be a threat to you with procedural strategic protocols?

Of course we don't know, but I'd guess you'll only encounter creatures at or below your level of evolution. It would be cool either way, but maybe E3 will have something interesting to say about all of this.

Offline Quantum

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • "I'm just a bean trying to get some sleep..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006, 10:38:46 pm »
Well, I think it could be quite possible to encounter your previous creatures within the same galaxy.

Look at The Sims, all your households could be in the same neighborhood and you could simply jump from one to the other as you saw fit. While you ran one house, the others would go into stasis for the most part, only changing according to changes your CURRENT household made upon them.

Of course, if the content download system works in the manner I believe it's going to, even if the galaxy is randomly re-created EACH time you start a new creature, then simply go and download your own OLD creature and load it in. (I'm pretty sure this should be possible.)
--Quantum