Author Topic: Database 2 (for Me at Least)  (Read 4069 times)

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
Database 2 (for Me at Least)
« on: February 28, 2006, 05:52:45 pm »
O.K. What was the spore infromation in the latest podcast? I don't want to download it, but i have some very ichyichy questions (like mosquito bites) about the database and how it will work. Please repond

The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Database 2 (for Me at Least)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 06:17:09 pm »
it basically said that you will be able to view creatures that are downloaded to the database and rank them according to how they look and maybe perform, and there might also be a way in the game to make it to where you only get creatures ranked 3 and above or 4 and above.  Steve also stated that the website might be like Amazon to where if you say you like this type of creature then the website will refer you to other types of creatures that you might also like.   
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 06:29:01 pm »
Sounds like old news to me. When do we get the new stuff?
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 06:35:58 pm »
and there might also be a way in the game to make it to where you only get creatures ranked 3 and above or 4 and above
"I don't know if there's gonna be a filter in the game, where you're gonna be able to actually put in, say, ok, you only want to have, say, maybe things ranked one through five stars, and you only really want to get things ranked four or higher."
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 06:43:14 pm »
Yeah...it's been like every SporeTalk since the interview with WW...Steve pretends he has news and then it's all "I don't know".   >:(

Myself, I'd rather he quit doing SporeTalk until he actually has something to talk about.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 06:45:20 pm »
Well, he did confirm that creatures will be rated and stored (probably on a website).
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 06:45:45 pm »
and there might also be a way in the game to make it to where you only get creatures ranked 3 and above or 4 and above
"I don't know if there's gonna be a filter in the game, where you're gonna be able to actually put in, say, ok, you only want to have, say, maybe things ranked one through five stars, and you only really want to get things ranked four or higher."
that's why i said might be, not there is going to be, or there isn't going to be because there still could be something like that.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 06:51:55 pm »
Well, he did confirm that creatures will be rated and stored (probably on a website).

See the problem I have with that is we basically already knew. This stuff has all been commented on at some point in the past, and saying "hey that thing we said will probably be included a year ago is now definitely in", doesn't qualify as news to me. Confirmation of the old, does not new information make. But then, that's probably why I don't listen to any of the podcasts to hear things about Spore.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 06:54:35 pm »

See the problem I have with that is we basically already knew. This stuff has all been commented on at some point in the past, and saying "hey that thing we said will probably be included a year ago is now definitely in", doesn't qualify as news to me. Confirmation of the old, does not new information make. But then, that's probably why I don't listen to any of the podcasts to hear things about Spore.

I agree.  New news should be facts about things we don't think about every day, not just a conformation with maybe or there is a chance.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 08:27:56 pm »
I don't know, but we may be able to build flying skyscrapers that land on enemy citizens. I said may be, not will be or we won't be, because there could still be something like that.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 09:30:42 pm »
I don't know, but we may be able to build flying skyscrapers that land on enemy citizens. I said may be, not will be or we won't be, because there could still be something like that.

ha

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 03:51:05 am »
Steve is just answering the questions about spore that people send to him. I don't think he really knows much more about spore then we do.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 05:06:39 pm »
IMmm sur ehtat he knows more, and that he is giving most of it out as he gets it and keeping some for himself.  There is probably some stuff that he gives out slowly to keep people interested.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 06:27:47 am »
IMmm sur ehtat he knows more, and that he is giving most of it out as he gets it and keeping some for himself.  There is probably some stuff that he gives out slowly to keep people interested.

Or some he can't share
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 09:21:14 am »
wow, i smell conspiracy.

seriously people, you don't want to know that something at least is confirmed in all the myriad of speculation about spore that we have come up with? That is news to me. It shows more of the direction that they are taking Spore in. It's something we can now be completely sure of, instead of having the question mark after it.

"I don't know, but I'm being asked these questions and the people that ask them seem to be upset that i am answering them" - Not GamingSteve

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!