Author Topic: xbox2 version  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
xbox2 version
« on: April 10, 2005, 03:39:51 pm »
hello, I am new to the forums, but after I found out about Spore, I had to find a community that discussed it, so here I am. Anyways I have been finding out everything that I possibly can about this game. It's one of those games where you have been dreaming of it since the day you played frogger(errrr...maybe not). Anyways I had been trying to figure out if it had a console version since I first heard of it. Since my computer isn't worth more than a bag of toenail clippings, it obviously wouldn't be able to run Spore. So I was very happy at hearing it was coming to the next Xbox. But I am also a little worried. First of all after listening to one of the Podcasts, I heard they aren't too keen on making the Xbox 2 version, which may mean one of two things:
1. It won't come out
2. it will be a severely different or dumbed down version of it's PC self
Both of which concern me, seeing as I am on a tight budget, I can't afford any good PC, and I want the console version to be just as good(exact same if possible) as the PC version. It would be quite easy to figure controls out,and if not they could probably come out with a mouse/keyboard controller for the Xbox 2. As well as having an optional hard drive, I heard there was also going to be a version of the Xbox which would be dedicated to running PC games and would also have a hd
well that about ends my rant thanks for listening :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 03:43:07 pm by Areku »

Offline Eagle13

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Reality is an artificial construct
    • View Profile
Re: xbox2 version
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 04:43:12 pm »
well, I wouldent worry about the PC vs Console versions just yet. For one, we dont even know what the min specs for the PC version will be, and second, we dont know about the Xbox2 at all as of yet.

Realy, I think that the specs will become known at E3 (hopefully) and we will know FAR more info then we know at this present time.
We create reality, reality does not create us. Thus is the question, if we stop beleving in reality, then what are our limitations on pursuing our dreams?

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 08:01:43 pm »
If they come out with an Xbox 2 version it won't be a dumbed down version. From what I know it is basically just the PC version made to work on the Xbox 2 with a few differences here and there. Of course, things may change between now and then, but it won't be in Maxis's best interest to release two versions of the same game, one good and another dumbed down. After all, this is their game and it has Will Wright's name on it. Also keep in mind that converting a game from the PC to the Xbox is actually a fairly simple process (more or less). The big issue is that you have to make sure that you initially design the interface to work on a console, fully optimize your textures, and keep the memory requirements reasonable.

Also keep in mind that the Xbox 2 hardware will be faster and more powerful than the most powerful gaming PCs on the market today, so Spore on the Xbox 2 should be a good game and run smoothly. However, in order to make the two games "different" somehow I'm sure EA is going to have to do something to make the two games unique ... so that you buy both of them of course!
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 06:04:56 am »
Haha, xbox2. :D

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 06:51:57 am »
Yeah, that was like, 358 whole XBoxes ago...

Such a long time..

7 who ate 9

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 07:01:39 am »

Stop bumping old threads, this one dates back to the dawn of the xbox!

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 07:03:01 am »
Necrobumbing is naughty... and slightly morbid.

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 08:14:13 am »
They should release Spore for the Nintendo Dolphin.

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 08:19:48 am »
Heheheheh

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 08:42:51 am »
aparently spore is coming to all platforms, so yes it will be on both xboxs and playstation and psp and ds and mobile phones and possibly things like the Wii and ps3
Never mind your own business.

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 08:45:38 am »
And possibly as some sort of card game. Now that's cross-platform!

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 09:59:19 am »
Hell, the Xbox 2 costs as much as a damn computer.

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 10:04:25 am »
It cost me 280, a new computer of moderate standard would be atleast 600 most likely more.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 01:09:16 pm »
he was exxagerating, and by the way, 280!!! you got ripped off, thats onlt 20 off the price of a playstation 3, the most expensive gaming console ever!!
Never mind your own business.

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 02:43:33 pm »
There wert no place selling it cheaper. Everywhere had it at 279.99 and not a penny less.