Author Topic: Episode 40 Posted  (Read 11931 times)

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 40 Posted
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 03:10:40 pm »
I don't know if you were kidding or not, but I'll explain anyway.

I was referring to personality types.

Type A is really high-strung and cares about every little detail. The advantage: Gets things done. The disadvantage: Aneurysms and shooting sprees.

Type B is laidback and more mellow. Advantage: We are cooler and calmer, more pleasant to be with. Disadvantage: More likely to fail in life.

;D

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 03:11:53 pm »
Oh... well... what am I then?

I refuse to be a second class fan but refuse to be a failure.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 08:33:40 pm »
For the guy that was wondering about great stories in games, I highly suggest the Fire Emblem series. I'm playing through Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance right now, and I also played Fire Emblem 7, for the GBA. Let me tell you guys, these are some amazing games that have amazing stories. Extremely well developed characters (and tons of them), very well translated, etc. The stories are very deep, and have a huge background to them. But they also avoid, for the most part, convuluted storylines. I'm actually floored by the amount of social issues that Path of Radiance has.

So anybody who loves games with great stories should definitely look into the series.

Offline Jack

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 12:06:14 am »
One thing I wanted to say is that this is just part one of my preview of Oblivion. This deals with mostly the basic information about the game and what it was like to go through the game for the first hour or so. It also contains some general observations between the differences between the PC and the Xbox 360 version.

Remember, my podcast has tens of thousands of subscribers and not every single one of them is a hardcore Oblivion fan, so I am trying to appeal to a wide audience. People who have never played an Elder Scrolls game before in their life should be interested in the preview and get something out of it as well as the hardcore fans.

However, with that in mind next week I will concentrate on the more "hardcore" aspects of the game, such as the quests, guilds, exploring, and so forth. And if you have any questions about the preview, feel free to ask!

Mr Gaming, I say these people are missing something special.

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 12:31:59 am »
One thing I wanted to say is that this is just part one of my preview of Oblivion. This deals with mostly the basic information about the game and what it was like to go through the game for the first hour or so. It also contains some general observations between the differences between the PC and the Xbox 360 version.

Remember, my podcast has tens of thousands of subscribers and not every single one of them is a hardcore Oblivion fan, so I am trying to appeal to a wide audience. People who have never played an Elder Scrolls game before in their life should be interested in the preview and get something out of it as well as the hardcore fans.

However, with that in mind next week I will concentrate on the more "hardcore" aspects of the game, such as the quests, guilds, exploring, and so forth. And if you have any questions about the preview, feel free to ask!

What do you mean with that?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 04:06:14 am by Mangerman »
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 01:49:38 am »

What do you mean with that?

:D
Did you mean to have it outside the quotes?

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 04:07:01 am »
I didn't even notice I put it between the quotes  ;D
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Ferret

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • PHP Princess
    • View Profile
    • Ferretgames.com
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2006, 07:11:33 am »
Hey Steve I want to thank you for pointing me towards Space Rangers 2, I've never even heard of this game and so bought it on a whim after listening to the Podcast.
I must say I think it's absolutely great, I even like the simple RTS bits to some degree. Thanks again. :)