Author Topic: Episode 40 Posted  (Read 12082 times)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Episode 40 Posted
« on: February 27, 2006, 01:38:00 pm »
This week I provide the first part of my hands-on preview of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, I review a new game cut directly from the Star Control mold, retro-review the best Bungie game you have never played, answer your Oblivion questions, and so much more. Enjoy!

Gaming Steve Episode 40 Program
  • 00:04:08  Game News:
    • Merrill Lynch guesses at $800 PlayStation 3 cost and causes a mild panic.
    • EA slashes new game prices by 20 percent.
    • Infinium opens their books.
    • Ex-Gizmondo Exec trashes a million dollar Ferrari.
    • Condemned to storm PCs this April.
    • Classic Sierra games set for re-release.
    • DS Lite to wear only white at launch.
  • 00:27:44  SporeTalk: An overview as to how the download and ranking system will function.
  • 00:32:22  Game Preview: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the Xbox 360 and PC, part one.
  • 01:12:45  Game Review: Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators for the PC.
  • 01:26:07  RetroReview: Pathways into Darkness Macintosh.
  • 01:35:17  “Name That Game!” contest winner from last week, a new clip, and a very cool prize!
  • 01:38:10  Show Mail: I answer your audio questions.
  • 01:57:03  Final Thoughts: So when can I scratch my Oblivion itch again?

Get the Podcast from this page (122 minutes): Gaming Steve Episode 40 (MP3).

Subscribe to the Podcast directly in iTunes (MP3).
Add the Gaming Steve Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator.
Vote for Gaming Steve on Podcast Alley.

To enter the "Name that Game!" contest to write me an email with the name of the game and the platform at: game AT gamingsteve.com

Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 40 Posted
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 01:39:43 pm »
Donwloading now. Comment on it tommorow.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 01:42:06 pm »

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 01:44:13 pm »
Downloading it, will listen to it tommorow.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Caine

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 01:46:10 pm »

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 02:37:33 pm »
On the Elder Scrolls forums... some stupid ingrates are all rude about Steve for one thing.
Direct linking for another thing, which I suppose isn't very bad since there are credits within the podcast. Kind of.

But then I saw someone say this --

i download at about 120kbps, so it'll take a few min to download, then i'll cut it, and repost the oblivion part somewhere like putfile or my website cause that should cut it from 56 down to about 18 meg, and that's if i cand downsapmle it even farther

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247300&st=20
oneeyedziggy's post on second page there.

EDIT: That TheMystic guy ought to just drop this baseless feud he's trying to develop with Steve.
Steve's just does his show. He's not a bad person around here, and he's not begging for stupid fights with random reporters on the other end of the internet. I just can't understand how this has carried on as far as it has.
He was banned (if that's even true) for persistently being an ass about that whole situation.
Come on, guy. Just put an end to it and it'll be forgotten faster.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 03:36:52 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 02:58:03 pm »
The TES Forum Knows!
You broke the internet.

Quote from: some whiny oblivion fans
steve why are you talking about this you should not be talking about this you should be talking about something else

steve we hate you die plx

steve is corrupting our children with his communist lies

steve you are a racist for talking about spits
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 03:51:39 pm »
OMG, I try to be vary rare in that forum. My spine is crawling with annoyance right now.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 04:04:28 pm »
I think the best thing for us to do right now is to ignore what is going on at TES forum. All of us have been here for a long time and we know Steve and have listened to his podcasts for a long time. I don't think its doing any good to repost the bad things that are being said over there... on this forum. It just makes everyone angry. We all know that someone is trying to discredit Steve in an effort to boost his own show. Whether or not anyone over there likes Steve or his podcast is irrelevant. What matters is what we think and I'd be willing to bet this podcast will be one of his most downloaded episodes ever. Nothing like controversy to get things going.  ;)

Anyway, downloaded and will probably listen tomorrow.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 04:06:29 pm »
One thing I wanted to say is that this is just part one of my preview of Oblivion. This deals with mostly the basic information about the game and what it was like to go through the game for the first hour or so. It also contains some general observations between the differences between the PC and the Xbox 360 version.

Remember, my podcast has tens of thousands of subscribers and not every single one of them is a hardcore Oblivion fan, so I am trying to appeal to a wide audience. People who have never played an Elder Scrolls game before in their life should be interested in the preview and get something out of it as well as the hardcore fans.

However, with that in mind next week I will concentrate on the more "hardcore" aspects of the game, such as the quests, guilds, exploring, and so forth. And if you have any questions about the preview, feel free to ask!

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 04:09:13 pm »
Even if Steve did get some information wrong, he's entitled to mistakes. I mean, it's not like anyone's actually paying attention to Oblivion when the world's focus is turned to Spore. ;)

But seriously, these guys have taken the time to learn everything about Oblivion. It would be like if one of those guys decided to do a thorough segment on Spore. They're not obsessed (Sorry Steve. If it's any consolation, I am too ;)) with Spore, they haven't learned everything there is to know about it, and they'd get some stuff wrong. But I like to think this forum would be a little more polite to the author of the imaginary Spore podcast.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 04:10:16 pm »
Superb Podcasting Steve.

Is it me or is the site bogged down like a mother.... you are pretty popular!

Can't wait for the rest!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 04:18:05 pm »
yea the forums are really having connection issues, its not as bad right now as it was a little earlier though.

I can't wait to see a transcript or something of how the download and ranking system will function because thats something we all want to know about. unless its an overview of what we know so far.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 04:29:28 pm »
Not sure what is going on. I have a dedicated server just for this site and I have never seen it have trouble like this before. I guess it's getting slammed by a lot of hits. I'll going to talk to my host and see if I can add some bandwidth and the like to help it out, but it should calm down...

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 07:02:51 pm »
Ahh... The site has stabilized. I just finished and I have to say, that was a good show. The reviewed game sounds really interesting. I might check that out.

EDIT: Also, TES has reached its second thread about GS. The first was shut down at Moderators request.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247690
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 09:19:36 pm by Mr. Wizard »