Author Topic: Age of Empires: Age of Kings (DS)  (Read 1752 times)

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Age of Empires: Age of Kings (DS)
« on: February 27, 2006, 09:31:22 am »
Just wanted to give a heads up on this title from ill-fated publisher Majesco.  I was pretty hesitant when I heard the news that one of my favorite RTS games was going turn-based for the DS, but after playing a few tutorial missions, I must say my fears were unfounded.  This is quite well done and I look forward to playing much more!

Anybody else tried it yet?

Offline Sparr

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Empires: Age of Kings (DS)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 01:33:50 pm »
I heard that when you Save+quit, the game won't boot up again. Apparently some carts don't do this, but enough do that it's causing a problem.

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 08:25:54 am »
Can't say I've run into that bug yet. The only one I (thought I) had was when a battle failed to resolve itself....but after about 30 seconds (normally 5) it finally fixed itself.

5 missions in, and I'm still impressed.
(Though why I can hire persian ELEPHANT mercenaries to defend me in NORTHERN FRANCE in the 1400's is still a bit of a mystery to me...)

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 12:07:26 pm »
i was thinking of buying this, thinking it was  an RTS, but now im a little hesitant knowing it is TBS... not that i dont like TBS.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 07:22:06 pm »
I wasn't really considering this game, but I've been hearing all sorts of good things about it. Also, a friend of mine who's taste I truste in games recently got it and he loves it. Dang it! Yet another DS game that I need to get! *puts it on the ever-growing queue*