Author Topic: Jade Empire Reviews Coming In  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Jade Empire Reviews Coming In
« on: April 08, 2005, 08:33:47 pm »
Well, I knew this game was going to be fantastic from what I've seen of it over the last few years. And then you add in the fact that Bioware had an extra year to work on the game after Microsoft pushed back their release date from early last year to April 2005. And then you add in the fact that the owners of Bioware have been dreaming about doing this game, like, forever. You factor that all in and I figured this could easily be the very best Bioware game ever made.

The first "official" review is in, and IGN gave it a ... 9.9. I think that might be their highest score ever. Here is the review (I think they liked it):

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/602/602787p1.html

Here is a little taste:

It's a strange thing to consider, but I believe David Clayman may have underrated Jade Empire at a 9.9. There is no such thing as the perfect game, but there are a few rare gaming experiences that so transcend any failings, they might as well be considered perfect. KOTOR was easy to love, but it had a lot of faults. The genius of that game so outweighed the annoying issues that it remains a classic for just about every RPG fan. Guess what -- Jade's story is better, its combat system superior and its morality system is more complex than KOTOR.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 08:35:38 pm by Gaming Steve »

Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Eagle13

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Reality is an artificial construct
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Empire Reviews Coming In
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 08:51:13 pm »
ahh Steve you stole my idea  ;) oh well

This game looks great. Ive played the demo and watched just about every movie releced on this game, it its all looks absolutley incredable. The 12th cant come soon enough.
We create reality, reality does not create us. Thus is the question, if we stop beleving in reality, then what are our limitations on pursuing our dreams?

Offline franchise

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Empire Reviews Coming In
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 09:09:48 pm »
are we there yet? absolutely cant wait for this game.