Author Topic: Mercenaries  (Read 2089 times)

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
Mercenaries
« on: April 08, 2005, 01:57:37 pm »
Lucasarts' Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction is kind of amazing.  I've been playing this game for a few days now and I am very hooked.  It's like Grand Theft Auto meets Metal Gear.  I want to know if anyone else has been playing this and what they think of it.  So far, the only problems I've had are in travel time and trudging along looking for vehicles (Much like in a GTA game) but other than that, it's got a ton of somewhat open-ended missions that can be solved as you see fit.  It's got a nice faction system and a way to penalize you for taking out civilians and it's also got some cool, unlockable parts.  I'm playing on my own Xbox and my friend's so I've got two characters and I'm just having a literal Blast playing.  Thoughts?-leeman

Online Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Mercenaries
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 12:56:40 am »
Yeah, I enjoy Mercenaries. I'm still only on Diamonds I think, with one guy left to get. I'm going for a whole "take absolutely -everyone- prisoner" method. It'd damned hard sometimes.
I expect it should get much harder.
I love the explosions. They really got them right. You can almost feel the impact.
Though when you blow up buildings (for those that don't know, you can blow up just about every building), it just looks terrible. The building is merely replaced with a destroyed version, while the old version goes ass-up and sinks away into the ground. It's not right. But whatever.

Too bad they didn't give it multiplayer. That game could have had some insane multiplayer modes.
Eh.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline brduvel

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 07:19:19 am »
I meant to pick this game up when it came out, but you know how things go....

So anyway, I rented Mercenaries a couple of day ago and I am only about two hours in, but I am having a great time with it.