Author Topic: Slavery  (Read 22587 times)

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
Re: Slavery
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2008, 09:45:17 am »
I dont get whats so horrible about killing baby animals in the game? why is everyone making such a big deal of it? its not like its real or anything. And theyre not even real animals, theyre user created aliens.

The E rating means it has maximum exposure. Therefore, little kids would be playing it. Little kids who would not have the background understanding under most circumstances to understand why its allowed in the game.

Plus, its just gratuitous, unneccessary.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2008, 09:46:54 am »
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Wonderful Lizard of Oz

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Release the gecko!
    • View Profile
    • Hall of Rejected Universes
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2008, 09:04:39 pm »
I dont get whats so horrible about killing baby animals in the game? why is everyone making such a big deal of it? its not like its real or anything. And theyre not even real animals, theyre user created aliens.

The E rating means it has maximum exposure. Therefore, little kids would be playing it. Little kids who would not have the background understanding under most circumstances to understand why its allowed in the game.

T, not E.
"And your little lizard too!"
-The Wicked Witch of the West

Error 658:There are lizards in your computer.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2008, 10:40:52 pm »

T, not E.

Oh - must have confused it with the creature creator's rating...
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2008, 10:56:28 pm »
Oh I can imagine Spore getting the E rating now, with all the realism theyve taken out, and all the cuteness theyve put in.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2008, 02:59:15 am »
I thought it was still a T?

Anyway, I don't care about 'slavery', but I still hope you can use 'tame' creatures to fight (one image on the main sight says that 'bruiser was tamed' or something, so imagine if you could use 'bruiser' to help you fight)
Anyway, you can suck up creatures in the UFO; so if you can suck up a race of super-predators, breed them to massive numbers, and stick them on an enemy planet, I'm happy.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2008, 09:20:02 am »
Anyway, you can suck up creatures in the UFO; so if you can suck up a race of super-predators, breed them to massive numbers, and stick them on an enemy planet, I'm happy.

I don't know if normal predators can hurt a space-fairing civilization, but i'm pretty sure an epic-sized creature can.  The "Epicizer" is one of the UFO's weapons.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2008, 11:41:50 am »
Epicizer + a cloverfield monster?
And put down a tonne of paracites just for effect...

Offline ballistic waffles

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • GASP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2008, 04:23:40 pm »
Epicizer+Pikachu?

PIKA!!!!!   *crushes child daycare center*
Stop reading my signature

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2008, 06:00:37 pm »

I don't know if normal predators can hurt a space-fairing civilization, but i'm pretty sure an epic-sized creature can.  The "Epicizer" is one of the UFO's weapons.

That depends. After all, the Rancor caused quite the mayhem in EaW.
Fanfic!

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2008, 06:04:16 pm »
well, maybe wild animals can at least harm the creature of yourself you can send down from your ufo to see things a little more up close. otherwise, the hunt wouldn't be very exciting :(
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline strghtupG

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2008, 06:22:24 pm »
or they could show that there slaves by making them all chained together working at w/e you tell them to do!

Imagine having TONS of slaves dropped in a planet to mine than just fly by once in a while to collect adn kill off a couple to show domination.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2008, 08:30:18 pm »
or they could show that there slaves by making them all chained together working at w/e you tell them to do!

Imagine having TONS of slaves dropped in a planet to mine than just fly by once in a while to collect adn kill off a couple to show domination.

something tells me that the wookiee planet will be seeing a lot of abductions if that's going to be the case.
Fanfic!

Offline steelers5ty9

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Fear The Flipping Green People
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2008, 02:53:03 pm »
i think enslaving other species would be really fun if you could make an arena for them to fight in. maby if an enslaved colony on some planet gets visited by some free people, the slaves would demand freedom and revolt, then to show dominance you could blow up the solar system :)