Author Topic: Jade Empire (Day 2 Podcast)  (Read 6993 times)

Offline pfellah

• Contributor
  • Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Jade Empire (Day 2 Podcast)
« on: March 16, 2005, 09:11:26 pm »
Oh, man... I'm listening to Day2 and drooling over the Jade Empire stuff... only problem... no Xbox. :) I guess I'll either have to plunk down the bucks or hope for a PC port later on down the road. But from what you described, it sounds fantastic.

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Empire (Day 2 Podcast)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 09:13:23 pm »
I game tested it... It was ok. There was a scratch on the cd though so I didn't get to play all of it.
Got Gaming Steve forum membership?

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 10:43:07 pm »
I game tested it... It was ok. There was a scratch on the cd though so I didn't get to play all of it.

Hum, tell me more about this. I am quite interested. I just love Bioware games, and this one looks fantastic. The demo which is out right now sucks, but the game looks great. Do tell more.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 11:25:13 pm »
Sorry can't tell you much. ??? I'm surprised the game worked at all with the scratch. I was only able to do one move. I couldn't use anything or do anything else except run around in this room jumping around doing this slashing move. I tried to contact them to have them send me another CD but they never did. >:( But from everything I've read on it and believe me I know what you mean by when the demo gets old. But the game is going to be awesome. I'm going to get it.
Got Gaming Steve forum membership?

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Masterharper, Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 06:04:19 pm »
I've been really hyped up about Jade Empire too. If its freeform enough I think this'll be Bioware's best thing ever.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 11:53:28 am »
I read a review of this in EGM, it looked pretty tastey. I'll definitly rent it.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 06:40:52 pm »
I'll have to wait until the game comes out on the PC, because I really do love the Bioware games. I was actually quite a fan of Neverwinter Nights, which was an instant gaming geek classic...

Actually the toolset in NWN was the classic, NWN itself played out quite poorly. :)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 07:16:57 pm »
I read a review of this in EGM, it looked pretty tastey. I'll definitly rent it.

What did they give it? I didn't realize that they reviewed it already in the latest issue.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 05:29:33 am »
Will it be coming out on the PC at all?  I hope so, i dislike consoles so i don't have one myself. 

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 12:46:54 pm »
I would think so. If it follows the same pattern as Knights of the Old Republic it will come out on Xbox first and then come out on the PC around Christmas time.

I too hate playing Bioware games on the console system. Knights of the Old Republic was very difficult to play on Xbox because it really was a menu-driven game.

However, I will say that Jade Empire does have an action-based combat system which will really require a control pad to play well. So I would think this game might actually be easier to play on the Xbox instead of the PC.

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 01:12:49 pm »
If I remember correctly, the origional ads promoted it for the pc and xbox. Now it's advertised as an xbox exclusive. Similar to KotOR indeed. ;)
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner