Author Topic: One of my creatures... I am insane, I know  (Read 3610 times)

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
One of my creatures... I am insane, I know
« on: February 22, 2006, 05:28:30 am »
I was watching an advert for the Simpson's and they showed a scene where Homer is looking into a mirror and he says something like "Hrouh... we should get married... imagine the kids"  It them zooms into his thoughts and you see 2 homers and a bunch of baby homers running around their feet.  That gave me an insane idea... how about a race consisting entirely of Homer Simpson's ;D  I was wondering what statistics to give them

Name:  Homer
Form:  Sapient
Appearance:  Like a poorly drawn cartoon of a man
Diet:  Carnivore with a need for doughnuts and beer (Ah ha... a doughnut creature ;D )

Anyone wanna add to this... feel free   8)

I got a few other insane ideas.  People who know me from Sims 2 will know how insane I am ;)  My silicon based lifeform idea is hilarious :P

Book, book, book

Offline ImP0steR

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: One of my creatures... I am insane, I know
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 05:39:06 am »
Nice, and somewhat kinda original o.O
Hope you manage to make him.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 05:46:18 am »
Me too LOL... I also definately wanna make the planet of the doughnuts now ;D
Book, book, book

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 05:50:25 am »
i mentioned something like this in one of my posts about a race of homers...:P
Under construction

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 06:09:56 am »
Yeah, it seems very familiar. Didn't we usually use Homer Simpson as an example of copyright-protected creatures which could cause legal problems to Spore?

Offline Feigro

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Yea. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 06:14:44 am »
If I can't create a "Homer" race in spore... isn't that similiar to trying to tell me I can't draw pictures of Homer either? After all, there were plenty of Super hero skins for the sims, so you could make your family the just league, for example.

"We're calling it Spore..."

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 07:36:44 am »
I also remember somthing about the horror of seeing creatures like this all over the galaxy i for one will be nuking any and all planets with copyed material in my universe.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 07:41:30 am »
Couldn't there be a "mask" function like in GooGrid? If there are giant flying penises then you just click mask and they look like some bug instead. Don't know how that would affect gameplay though.

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 08:44:00 am »
Couldn't there be a "mask" function like in GooGrid? If there are giant flying penises then you just click mask and they look like some bug instead. Don't know how that would affect gameplay though.

I imagine that the procedural nature of Spore will be able to turn a penis shaped object that you want to mask into something that functions the same but doesn't look exactly the same.  But I think a mask feature would be necessary.

Onto making things that will upset people.  I wonder if I can make a creature that is just a big hand with the middle finger up.  I wouldn't bring him up through the stages, but I think it'd be cool to have him running around, and maybe some random person will have it chasing after them :D
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

Offline ImP0steR

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 08:48:39 am »
The people who made The Simpsons will sue me for creating a race named Homer which is fatso and yellow?
I'll just tell them I like baseball and im color blind.
No one will really take that seriously IMO, I think it even builds more hype for the show lol.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 08:56:56 am »
D'oh... it's already been thought of  :(  Oh well, atleast my silicon life form will be fully original (but not very logical in the evolution scheme of things ;D )  and how did we get onto penis shaped objects in this thread :-X  ???

As for copyrighted material, on the sims 2 site I have a number of Star Trek houses that I have built and I have never been sued by Paramount.  I also have an Evil Dead shack which I haven't been sued for yet either.  Heck... I got one of the Simpsons as a sim there
Book, book, book

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 09:06:45 am »
and how did we get onto penis shaped objects in this thread :-X ???

its a long story, but the summary of it is concern that people will create genitalia shaped creatures (you know, penis things) and how the program or maxis will deal with such things because nobody wants them around for obvious reasons, and its something that just about everybody is concerned about. there have been good discussions related to it but such discussions have gone quiet until we get more info on how such things will be handled. Maybe someone will bring it up during GDC.....

Offline Evil Lil Spore

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 01:19:59 pm »
Donus shaped creatures and creatures shaped like a can of beer, I can just imagine the little guys running around being chased by a giant Homer. Classic...