Author Topic: Asking again... spacecraft  (Read 3905 times)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Asking again... spacecraft
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 03:53:01 pm »
well I'm not sure how much detail you can get for the UFO, however the vehnichles looked pretty detailed so I guess its the same with the UFO.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 03:59:20 pm »
And yes, Krakow Sam, this entire board gives me fits every time sometime somebody suggests that "it can't be that hard" to add this or that feature to a game. People imagine that procedural content is some magical box that just makes the game for the developers. Procedural content only makes the content (the creatures, buildings, planets, etc). There's a LOT of really really complex code that goes into this that makes it easy for the end user to create content. Don't be fooled that Will Wright discovered some easy way to make games as a whole, only content. All these features have to be coded up by the developers, and yes, they take time.
LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Silver_Kiwi

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 06:53:52 pm »
Galactic war, which has been confirmed, implies more than one ship.
Trade, which has been confirmed, implies way more than one ship.
UFO=player avatar at the galactic and space stage.

Thats my best guess at least... :P
Silver_Kiwi

Offline BmB23

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 11:58:02 am »
Thanks, I finally got that in place... we know nothing. It's possible, vague, but possible.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 12:00:19 pm »
Galactic war, which has been confirmed, implies more than one ship.
Trade, which has been confirmed, implies way more than one ship.
UFO=player avatar at the galactic and space stage.

Thats my best guess at least... :P

I saw a bunch of emails from WW someone had posted on the board a while ago saying that while those features are in, other controllable spacecraft haven't been included yet and may or may not be.  That sounds like you will probably have 1 UFO and a bunch of preset trade routes or something similar where you make the craft and can see them moving around but you can't really interact with them except maybe to send them to another world for the same job.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail