Author Topic: Episode 37 Posted  (Read 9474 times)

Offline LoreAlmighty

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 37 Posted
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2006, 05:52:26 pm »
Aliens Vs. Predator had a huge amount of problems.  For one, the game was very, very dark.  You could barely see anything, and the only race which could have infinite lighting was the alien, was well, looked goofy when you did it.  The predators visors actually drained power rather quickly, and the marines night vision did as well.  I said, you got to be kidding me.  It's the 23rd Century, can't they have infinite powered batteries by now?  The game was very, very hard.  Especially with the Marine.  The Xenomorphs are just the same ones you fight over and over again and constantly respawn.  And not in the cool scary System Shock 2 way.  I mean in the way that you could leave a room, come back, and a 100 would respawn.  The races were very unbalanced and the Predator had the advantage, but it was still hard anyway.  Especially those boss battles!  If you got killed, you'd be sent back to the beginning of the area!  The short demo you can download is even hard to pass!  The story..is well they don't have a story.  It was done by developer Rebellion, who isn't very good. (look at their Judge Dread game...) Stick with AVP 2, it's done by Monolith, who've done games like Tron 2.0 ,Shogo, and F.E.A.R.  Just forget avp 1.