Author Topic: The Movies  (Read 15658 times)

Twiggs

Re: The Movies
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2005, 09:00:21 pm »
I can't get excited about Peter's games, though I know they'll be good, they just don't pull me in.  Then again, I don't really get real excited about any game BUT again, Peter does make great games.  My first Favorite game was Populous,  I played Theme Park a lot.  I'm sure I'll dig B&W2 and THe Movies when they arrive.

Offline Deep Lee

• Omega Racer
  • Don't quote pictures. Use words to describe them.
    • View Profile
    • DeepLee.com
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 09:07:35 pm »
Black & White wasn't TOO bad. Seeing your creature imitate your behavior was the coolest part. Number 2 doesn't really interest me.

The Movies looks pretty cool, except I think it's stupid to have a "Sim-Studio" aspect, I'd only use it to make actual movies. They're trying to make this a game, and that's a mistake. It should only be a tool in my opinion. They better make it easy to modify. Guns, explosions, physics and gore are a must, along with TOTAL customization of every detail. Expansion packs will be integral. They can have one for every genre of movie.

Still, I probably won't bother with this title, at least until it's modified like crazy and maybe sold with all the expansion packs bundled.
I look forward to seeing movies made by my peers, I'm sure they'll have awards and everything, it will practically become it's own genre. I'm sure there's already software being made that won't be marketed as a game, but rather a professional movie making tool.

I think it's great what Peter is doing, he's helping a whole new generation of film makers begin their careers. I'm sure the next Steven Spielburg could be discovered because of software like this. This is just the beginning...

Offline D_Malachi

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 07:42:42 pm »
Personally, I'm looking forward to this game. It sounds interesting, it doesn't look half bad in the screenshots, and the concept behind it is rather amusing... imagine, giving the pwer to make movies to practically anyone. You know, that sort of thing. Would be a good way to get some of these ideas out of my head and make them visible, if the game lives up to it, that is.

And besides, it'll give me something to kill time with until Spore comes out.
Since when is being "normal" a requirement for survival? Exactly.
"Is it funny? No? Not interested."

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2005, 03:12:06 pm »
It sounds to me like it's be like Black & White. 
A bunch of cool features attached to a mediocre game.  :P

But if you can skip the movie studiio management, I can see myself greatly enjoying the movie making.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Psilontech

• Mystery House Madman
  • SCIENCE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 04:36:58 pm »
I've been watching the Zombie Movie marathon on Scifi channel... And I'm friggen going to make a zombie movie! Its not going to be one of those "Government was totally overwhelmed and entire world was killed with the exception of 8 people" zombie movies, I'm going to have HUGE military forces stationed outside "Live" cities and friggen nukes taking out "Dead" cities! Bwhahahaha!

Oh, and Greyleaf, have any of your books been published? I would really like to read the fantasy + Scifi stories you talked about, they sound extremely interesting ^_^
"Whatever Febreeze can't fix, a gun will"

Offline D_Malachi

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2005, 01:07:52 am »
It sounds to me like it's be like Black & White.
A bunch of cool features attached to a mediocre game. :P

But if you can skip the movie studiio management, I can see myself greatly enjoying the movie making.

Yeah, from what I read over on the official site, there IS a sandbox mode. You know, either play the story ("1920's to the present and beyond" more or less) or just go into the movie maker.

Haven't played black and white yet, but from what I've heard, most people either loved it or hated it, and that's probably why. But, regardless, the concept for the movie IS good, or at least it sounds extremely promising, if it delivers what they promise. If it doesn't, then... well, there'll be more than a few unhappy people, not like it matters in the end, though.
Since when is being "normal" a requirement for survival? Exactly.
"Is it funny? No? Not interested."

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 05:06:19 pm »
Molynoux's obession about an iconlless interface is a bit too strong. I understand his reasoning and vision. The idea that a game is so in-depth and so streamlined that you forget you are playing a game and get lost in the world. That's cool and all, but until we some nano-technology direct-brain feed games, that won't be happening.

On that note, has anyone ever seen that PS2 ad that is an ad for the "Playstation 8" where the guy inhales some nanites and they attach to his brain...producing the game sensations in first person... that would be pretty cool. (Until you started playing resident evil...)
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2005, 01:55:58 pm »
On that note, has anyone ever seen that PS2 ad that is an ad for the "Playstation 8" where the guy inhales some nanites and they attach to his brain...producing the game sensations in first person... that would be pretty cool. (Until you started playing resident evil...)

That's at least 6 generations away, so don't worry about it. =)

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2005, 03:56:53 pm »
I'd play black & white ten: zombie hordes

like this:http://www.hardcorepawn.com/zombie4/ only 3d
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2006, 12:04:12 pm »
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING TOPIC THAN START A NEW ONE
You still looking for that key? Man, you need a job.
I just played the demo. It was good, left me wanting more. I'ma bid on it on eBay, maybe get it for 30 bucks used. Does anyone see any problems with this? Based on experience from other forumers here, if you had to buy it again, how much would you be willing to pay?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 06:15:25 am by Rook »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Kendo

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2006, 04:02:33 pm »
I just discovered it as well, the story mode is really cool quite immersive

but I found the movie maker fairly limited - but then they could hardly make a system with infinite possiblities so its a good try, but could of been much better

the movies 2 will be one to watch (if its made)

Offline Rct2mad

• Ultima Lord
  • =)
    • View Profile
    • Spore-Galore (Link may not work)
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 06:43:16 am »
Does anybody still play this by the way?

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 02:26:34 pm »
a few moths ago, i did, but then i stopped, im back to morrowind now
just reading this makes me want to pick it up again
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:28:24 pm by Skyward Descent »
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 05:16:09 pm »
BUMPED!
lol

I had this game when it came out but i lost the CD key so i couldn't play it. Well i went to a place called Ollie's Bargains. Well i found it there and it said on the case. Their Price : 19.99 Our Price: 3.00 and thats just that. I also have a membership and its 75% off!! i barley paid anything! they also got alot of games and junk like furniture for small prices. Now theirs 2 places i geting games. Bestbuy and Ollies :p

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 05:27:59 pm »
seeing this thread reminds me of this
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c9YmjnLKaM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c9YmjnLKaM</a>
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!