Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children  (Read 10139 times)

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2006, 11:59:29 am »
one of my friends works at block buster and they got, and they get their movies in like two weeks before they put them on the shelves and the employees are aloud to rent them for free so i have a copy for now.  the only voice that I was was redone would be Sephiroth's.  he sounds, however he does sound insane on some of his lines which I liked. 

This movie would be better if you played the game at least once.  but if you want to see some bad ass fight scenes then you will still enjoy it.

I hated Final Fantasy: Spirits From Within.  That blew.  This Final Fantasy movie is way better than that one.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2006, 10:19:16 am »
I watched it! Man, it was awesome. I spend quite some time trying to figure out what was happening and half the time trying to figure out what the machine-translated subtitles meant, but it was still very cool. ;D Great effects, great monsters, great universe(if a bit confusing), really cool characters. And bad-ass fighting scenes. I'm not disappointed.  :)

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2006, 02:56:10 pm »
I loved how they did the time flash back kind of things where they would go through one part of the story before explainging everything that happened before hand.  Thats prolly the best way to tell a story in my opinoin that is.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2006, 11:32:24 pm »
Xnodas, could you answer a question for me? Does Mena Suvari sound as hopelessly lifeless as she did in Kingdom Hearts II? Because she's the one person I'm sort of nervous about.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 09:52:18 pm »
well she does good in some parts and others its kingdom hearts all over again

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2006, 03:35:48 am »
I want to see this movie badly as well because im a big fan of the game's infact the one im playing at the moment is FF10 my most favret one so far loved it ive finished it twice once with cheat's and another time with out cheat's boy is it hard with out cheat's the boss battle's that is or was that just me any way i really want to see this film alot if it's anything like the game.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 06:41:13 am »
Oh hell. I don't mind her as light actress, but come on ... why would you give her the role of Aerith? Unless you wanted someone to sound the part. *looks around, waits for gag drums and cymbal*

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 08:22:07 pm »
Oh hell. I don't mind her as light actress, but come on ... why would you give her the role of Aerith? Unless you wanted someone to sound the part. *looks around, waits for gag drums and cymbal*

well since she is dead her voice works, but thinking of it in FF7, no god please no.  Also Cid's voice is pretty funny and he only says one thing.  You could not picture Cid talking the way he does in the voice they have him has in FF7.  Sephiroth's voice is by far my favorite.  He's sounds like a complete lunitic and I love it. Cloud's voice is good, it works well.  Caith Sith's voice is pretty damn funny.  Didn't expect it to be English though that was a surprise.  Red XIII says on ething at the end and his voice sounds like it should, like a genious's voice would sound like.  Tifa's voice is fine, but some times the voice sounds like it is just read off a peice of paper instead of acted.  Vincent's voice for me was too deep, but it works for the most part.  Yuffie's voice is perfect, annouying.  Barret's in my opinoin isn't deep enough, but I do like the slang type acent in his voice.  Loz voice is great but again sounds read some times.  Yazoo is perfect.  Scary almost, really calm.  Kadaj's voice is the worst.  He sounds like a street punk I guess you could say, but it grows on you if you watch it as much as I have.  Reno's and Rude's are perfect for them, so is Rufus's voice.  Nothing bad there.  Kids' voices sound like kids.  Nothing wrong with them.  Overall, I would prefer to watch in American just for Sephiroth's voice.  His line that I have on my Avatar and partly on my Sig. is great when he says it.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2006, 05:04:22 am »
Random note: The original soundtrack by Nobou Uematsu is f'in amazing, as his work usually is.

But overall the movie was good, but not great. The fanboy in me disagrees, but honestly they could've made it longer and have a bit more plot. It seemed to short and is very difficult for non-ff gamers to follow. There should be some kind of brief summary to FF7 for all those who don't know the story already.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2006, 07:34:36 am »

well since she is dead her voice works, but thinking of it in FF7, no god please no. Also Cid's voice is pretty funny and he only says one thing. You could not picture Cid talking the way he does in the voice they have him has in FF7. Sephiroth's voice is by far my favorite. He's sounds like a complete lunitic and I love it. Cloud's voice is good, it works well. Caith Sith's voice is pretty damn funny. Didn't expect it to be English though that was a surprise. Red XIII says on ething at the end and his voice sounds like it should, like a genious's voice would sound like. Tifa's voice is fine, but some times the voice sounds like it is just read off a peice of paper instead of acted. Vincent's voice for me was too deep, but it works for the most part. Yuffie's voice is perfect, annouying. Barret's in my opinoin isn't deep enough, but I do like the slang type acent in his voice. Loz voice is great but again sounds read some times. Yazoo is perfect. Scary almost, really calm. Kadaj's voice is the worst. He sounds like a street punk I guess you could say, but it grows on you if you watch it as much as I have. Reno's and Rude's are perfect for them, so is Rufus's voice. Nothing bad there. Kids' voices sound like kids. Nothing wrong with them. Overall, I would prefer to watch in American just for Sephiroth's voice. His line that I have on my Avatar and partly on my Sig. is great when he says it.

So Superman pulled it off with Sephiroth, did he? Glad to hear it. I was a little nervous about Newbern doing the voice, but hey, if he does a good job. Still think Crispin Freeman should've pulled something akin to Arucard on it though. But that's me.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2006, 08:56:34 am »
Random note: The original soundtrack by Nobou Uematsu is f'in amazing, as his work usually is.

But overall the movie was good, but not great. The fanboy in me disagrees, but honestly they could've made it longer and have a bit more plot. It seemed to short and is very difficult for non-ff gamers to follow. There should be some kind of brief summary to FF7 for all those who don't know the story already.

Well you should expect not to get everything in a movie that is a sequel to something you haven't played or seen.  They did do the beginning part with Marlene narrating the big events that happened, but there was a lot of little sayings that no one would get unless they palyed the game.  I wish it was longer and more plot filled as well but the fight sceens were just incredible.  And I am so glad they recorded it in 7.1 surround sound.  It is bad ass.  The soud tracks to both ADvent Children and FF7 were great.  I think, besides the fight sceens, the music was the best part of the movie.  well and of course the graphics were stunning

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 09:16:45 am »
And I must agree with TheShark: Nobuo Uematsu is amazing. I have slowly built up quite a large collection of Final Fantasy soundtracks -- not necessarily because I love all the games (because I don't) but because Uematsu is godly. Haven't counted in quite some time but I believe I have over 30 albums of his at this point, including Advent Children's soundtrack.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 08:06:13 pm »
I got all of his Final Fantasy work besides ADvent Children from a friend, but since I have the movie I could just get it from it so....

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2006, 01:54:56 pm »
i just Saw this, AND OH MY GOD WAS I DISAPPOINTED! the first half was bliss! until the the second half. it just seemed so rushed, i mean, those of you who have seen it, must realize how disappointed  was when <highlight for spoilers> sephiroth dies in ten freakin' minutes!. but the worst part is is that now i want a sequel so badly. T_T i also wish nobuo should have had more time. it just seemed way too rushed after the half point. 9/10 for the first half, 4/10 for the second.

my 2 cents
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 01:59:30 pm by aname »
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Anti45

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2006, 02:34:02 pm »
Maybe (What am I saying maybe) because I am a square enix fanboy.
I loved every moment from begining to end and its expansion of the story was quite impressive.
However the only downside is I had to unplug the 360 so I could plug the psone so I could start replaying ff 7