Author Topic: X-Men 3  (Read 4290 times)

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
X-Men 3
« on: February 16, 2006, 06:01:45 am »
Nothing big, just excited about it. Saw that there was no thread for it.

The trailer shows Phoenix, Beast, Archangel, and of course Juggernaut. I'm quite excited about this movie, mainly for Juggernaut. Although I'm pretty pissed because Gambit won't be in it.

Anyway, I think it should be pretty good. Thoughts?

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men 3
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 09:19:13 am »
I'm excited about it, I was on the set of In the Name of the King and X3 was going to start filming in the soundstage accross from us the next week. Sadly  that was the week I left  :-\

My one and biggest complaint is personal. A friend of mine Steve Bacic, who is an actor here in Vancouver played Beast in X2. (He was seen momentarily on TV).  He was replaced with Kelsey Grammer. I don't know why this was, but I wasn't too impressed by that.

Add into the fact that if you ever meet Steve, he's a big guy. He would suit the role much better then Kelsey Grammer.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 09:48:44 am »
no Gambit?! Outside of Wolverine he was my favorite character. So mysterious and had that southern gent thing going. Though his thing with rogue was kind melodramatic. Ack just thought that if Gambit was in this one, and the way they portrayed Rogue, pedophile? yuck. They messed that up with making Rogue so young. I hear they are making a Wolverine movie though too.

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 09:54:48 am »
A Wolverine movie wouldn't be surprising. I hope they either have Omega Red in this movie or that one.

For those who don't know Wolverine was a weapon created during the Cold War. While he was being made, the Soviet Union created Omega Red. A huge anti-Wolverine weapon that has large metal tentacle-whips that come from his wrists. Definitely fun fights between them.

And the Gambit thing isn't for sure. I've just heard a lot people getting pissed off because he supposedly isn't in it. I almost don't want to see it because of that, but I still will. It's kinda like Spiderman 3. I wasn't going to see it because they said Venom wouldn't be in it, but now that information has leaked and he will be in it. So I'll see it.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 10:00:51 am »
if Gambit is in it, he'll probably just be a bit part. Kinda like how the Beat was. As far as i know about the Wolverine movie, it is about his past. So who knows? Hopefully the will introduce Alpha Flight in that one. To clarify a bit on Wolverine's past, though, according to the comics, the Canadian Government was the agency who laced him with adamantium.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 11:30:50 am »
Lets hope the wolverine movie isnt a dire 're-invention' like the awful catwoman movie. Halle berry= bad choice.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 11:41:46 am »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/

there's the little info on it that there is.

As for some info on x-men 3
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/fullcredits
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 11:44:11 am by crippits »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 01:33:57 pm »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/

there's the little info on it that there is.

As for some info on x-men 3
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/fullcredits
Vinnie Jones as Juggernaught... I cant picture it :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 01:55:04 pm »
if you need help, there is a picture on the site i gave:P

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 07:45:32 am »
I hope Colossus gets a bigger role this time, I badly want to see him throwing Wolverine around into enemies :) like from the comic, that's all I could think of when he appeared briefly in X2 and said "I can help" (or "I could help")

I know that was such crap! There was this big hype because he was in it, and all he did was change to metal and walked away. Bullcrap! I loved playing as Colssus in the old arcade game.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 10:29:43 pm »
Played rise of Apocalypse with my cousin about a month ago Colossus got a good run but thats only because we liked the accent and him calling people Commrade. We don't really know alot about the Xmen series so it was only who had cool moves that we played as.

Offline Winnuting

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 03:38:05 pm »
I just saw the trailer, Can't wait for the movie. It looks awesome!

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 11:02:06 am »
Colossus is in it. I have the high res trailer on my comp at home and I did frame-by-frame. You see him and some others standing in a line ready to attack.

Anyway, this movie has the possibility of being absolutely amazing, or being horribley cheesey.

My hopes: Juggernaut, Colossus, and Archangel rule all. That Gambit shows up even though it was denied that he was in it (much like how they denied Venom would be in Spiderman 3). That the gonverment starts producing Sentinals. And that they don't completely destroy Pheonix's story. That Omega Red shows up in this movie or in the Wolverine rip-off.

Oh, and for all that have seen the new trailer. Who do you think this insanely strong mutant is? They mention that the government has an extremely powerful mutant that they worked with to "cure" the x-gene. i can't think of a mutant like that except for Pheonix or Appocolyse, but Pheonix is in Jean and the picture they showed was a young girl.

Could you imagine an Appocolypse X-men movie?!

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 05:37:43 pm »
I don't see much in the form of Juggernaught or Colossus. The absence of them in the trailers (the fact that you had to freeze frame the trailer just to find him) doesn't sound like they will have a much bigger role. Gambit won't be in it. You can see at http://www.imdb.com/ That even under extra cast his name isn't listed.  X3 is in Post and coming out  Spider-man 3 is in filming without the cast list complete.

And the super mutant is probably someone they made up since I don't know who it might be either..

useless fact: The building that Angel jumps out of is the Sheraton Wall Centre in downtown Vancouver.

My karma ran over your dogma

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 07:28:37 am »
It's only because they are trying to make the movies "realstic". I mean Deathlock (the girl who fights Wolverine in X2) was from space. I doubt Juggernaut will be created from that ancient artifact, I bet he's just another mutant.

It does suck that it's not hard-core to the comics style X-men action, but I understand that keeping it simple for people will make everyone see it...like they have.
I don't see much in the form of Juggernaught or Colossus. The absence of them in the trailers (the fact that you had to freeze frame the trailer just to find him) doesn't sound like they will have a much bigger role.
I didn't freeze-frame to see them, Juggernaut is in the preview everywhere, I just freeze-framed to see who else was in it. I was happy to see Colossus simply for his 20second cameo in X2.