Author Topic: PS3 hub  (Read 1169 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
PS3 hub
« on: February 15, 2006, 08:53:56 am »
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2270&Itemid=2

thought some of you might find this interesting, I'm sad to hear that the ps3 online might not be free like sony had suggested :'(

I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 hub
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 03:12:51 am »
I'm sad to hear that the ps3 online might not be free like Sony had suggested :'(
Actually, I'm OK (and somewhat ecstatic) with that.  I was really worried when Sony was going to leave it up to the game devs to figure out their own method of getting the games online.l (aka PS deuce)  See, Xbox 360 is a total bust for me right now due to the lack of games, hardware "issues" and erm...don't got the cash.  So, I'm waiting on the PS3.  I think that M$ has proven that people will pay for quality online game support and Sony wants a pie of the pie.
Really, what company wouldn't though.  Gamers have access to a decent amount of disposable income (aka profit) that we'll happily shell out to be entertained and that, if a company (be it a console manufacturer or a game developer) can deliever we (the gamers or the gamer's parents ;)) will pay for it.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 hub
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 09:17:14 pm »
Lets hope this is true. I dont see, however, how Sony could pull this off successfuly, as it literally took Microsoft years to develop the infrastructure for Xbox Live. I don't see how Sony could supposedly copy it feature for feature so quickly.