Author Topic: Serpenta (My new and hopefully original Creature)*Updated History*  (Read 6143 times)

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
Well heres my Serpenta in almost all its glory. Im still working on some of the stuff, and Im gonna need an artist to make some Pictures of the stuff I mentioned. Anyway Enjoy!

Name-Serpenta(Water serpent)
Average Height-8ft
Average Weight-450 Pounds
Food Eating-Omnivore
Lifespan-90 Years
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Possible Features-Males)
-Snake Like Body
-Long tail
-Males have two arms
-Lean Muscular Bodies
-Small point fin like spikes going down the back
-Scales cover body/Different Colors for different habitats
-Hands only have Four Fingers
-Reptilian Face/Different features resemble different reptiles
-Scales are extremely hard and grow back quickly
-Molting
-Iken fins near the top of the Males back, this is his reproduction “Tool”

(Abilities-Male)
-Some Males have the ability to produce toxin’s from the fin like spikes on there back, Toxins range in different forms of potency. Some Toxins can irritate, blind or even kill.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Possible Features-Females)
-Snake like body
-Long tail
-Females have four arms
-Smaller than males but still quite muscular
-No fin like spikes
-The Females do not have scales they only have soft skin much like a Dolphins, however this can make them swim faster than the Males.
-More Human like face but still Reptilian
-There mid section has two small holes where the male puts his two Iken Fins.

(Abilities-Female)
Still thinking of some
(Universal Abilities)
-Very good Swimmers
-Smart enough to have there own communities and appoint leaders and even make certain Technologies
-The Serpenta are Warriors, thus they are incredible fighters
(Diet)
The Serpenta are mainly Carnivorous and prefer to eat the other creatures of the Ocean however they will still eat the various Plants located near the bottom of the Ocean so that they may get the nutrients and vitamins that there bodies need. The Serpenta also eat in large amounts since there body is almost always working hard to fight against the water. A large part of the Serpenta Culture is there food.
(Culture)
The Serpenta are a Warrior like Race, they respect the balance of there World and fight to show the other Clans that there way is right. Around the age of 5 in Human years the Serpenta begin training so that they may be ready to serve there Society. The Serpenta however have several ways to see if a young Serpenta has become Mature. One way is for it to kill another Clans Warrior or to hunt a creature bigger than itself and return with it. This also gives the Serpenta the chance to find a mate and make a family.
(Religion)
Although Warring with each other the Serpenta all believe in one “God”, this is Braxis. Although not really a god it is an existing creature on there world. The Serpenta believe it to be a “God”, because of its massive size and how it keeps everything in balance.  The Serpenta also see it as there guide in times of War and in times of Migration. The Serpenta always offer food offerings to the Braxis, they do this by catching live Food and herding it into one position where the “God” Braxis is, if the food is accepted the Braxis its it and the Serpenta believe that they will be granted Strength or good luck. If the food is rejected they are dishonored and will be brought bad luck.
(Way of life)
The Serpenta are a Nomad like race. They build there Cities by massive Geysers on the bottom of the ocean. (By massive I mean HUGE!) The Serpenta will only build there cities in nearby cliffs or canyons, since they know Burrowing to deep could cause the Geysers to explode. The Geyser’s not only serve as a source of Warmth but many types of creatures and Vegetation grow nearby thus providing the Serpenta with a large amount of food for there population. The Serpenta don’t really build houses they simply tunnel into the cliff cracks and make themselves comfortable inside them. However they do gather pieces of rock and other various things and add technology onto there houses like large blue domes that generate large sources of light this attracts creatures and makes easier hunting.
(Hunting)
Serpenta hunt by ambushing larger prey or trapping it and getting it killed by the environment.  However the Serpenta always bring Net like devices that are shot out of a wrist band. When the Net is shot it is kept under the control of its user by a control panel on the band. With a press of a button the net will close up and catch whatever is in its way. Another button gives a deadly shock of electricity and then there’s the stunning electricity that makes the victim unconscious.  Another button reels the net in with the cord that is attached to it.

Another weapon that is used is the Trident, this weapon is sacred to the Serpenta and training in the use of one is a must. A Serpenta never throws its Trident however for fear of losing it, and many of the Alpha Males in a family pass it down to there Strongest Son.
(Reproduction)
The Females lay eggs which are warmed by the Geyser’s heat. The only way a Female may lay eggs is if it has a Male Partner. However Females only seek out the strongest of Males to be there mates. The Male’s Traits are given to the Female by a ritual that involves the two of them turning there backs on each other. The Male then inserts his two Iken Fins into the Females two back holes and after a few minutes they are done.

A Female usually only lays 4 Eggs at the most and the birth rate is very high. The chance for a young hatchling to grown into a mature Serpenta is almost 100% since the Serpenta are very family oriented.
(Events/Note-BGC means Before Great Collapse)
(Creature Stage)
1500-1000 BGC- The Serpenta finally became what they are today. However the Serpenta has yet to meet others of its kind. Over the years the Serpenta hunt by themselves and form small groups. Meanwhile the land above them is slowly breaking apart as the ground is covered with lava and burnt earth.

1000-0 BGC-The Serpenta begin to form small societies and are strictly a Nomadic People where everyday life consists of following the abundant sea creatures for food.
(Tribal Stage)
0-30 AGC-The Serpenta realize that Leaders must be born and Cities must be established. They begin to form into large Clans. The Serpenta now litter the Ocean of there small planet. Above the Ocean and on the Land the Two main Islands have cracked and now litter the Planet.

30-100-Serpenta Clans begin to go into each others Territory, the Clans begin fighting each other for dominance. Several Clans that are near the Islands retreat onto them. They are not seen or heard from again.

100-1000-The Serpenta have managed to form into a few large Clans. These Clans after a massive War decide to put aside there differences and unite with each other to reach a common goal. And that is to find out what is going on.

(City Stage)
1500-2000-The Trident Council is formed. The Leaders are the Chieftains of all the Clans. A large city is made and Serpenta civilization begins to prosper. However because of there war like nature they are forced to build Gladiator Pits where Warriors would go to test themselves.

2000-4000-The Serpenta advance in Technology and have built Machinery. The Machines are not harmful to the Planet or its inhabitants. The Trident Council now only has one goal and that is to unite all the Clans.

4000-4020-The Clans that are not under the Trident Council’s Flag decide to rally together and in a large battle they fight the Trident Council’s Forces known as the Tel’Gol. The Tel’Gol massively outnumber the Rebel Forces and are much better trained. The Rebel Serpenta fall back towards the largest Island on the World and begin to retreat onto the land. A Elite force of from the Tel’Gol are sent to pursue them, this Force is known as the Tridents Edge. The Tridents Edge finds that the Land has changed and that the Clans that had fallen back had evolved into Land creatures. Although not much a difference the Serpenta from old had lost there long tails and had gained legs as well as slightly smaller tails.

4020-4200-The Trident Council begins to ready itself for war. There Land Dwelling Brothers appear to have better Technology than them. The Trident Council relies on the Tel’Gol once more to do there Fighting and on the beaches of the largest Island known as Runda a massive battle happens. The Tel’Gol put up a good fight but are driven back. There land dwelling Brothers who call themselves the Serlan, have large weapons that could attack from long ranges. But the Tel’Gol managed to get up close but were still beaten back by the Serlan’s Melee Weapons which were much like theres, except the Serlan favored Swords.

4200-5000-The Serpenta continue to advance., now they have large armored suits that cover there bodies and protect them from harm. They wield guns and there melee weapons are upgraded and more powerful. Scouting parties report that the Serlan are at the same Technology level as them.

(Civilization Stage)
5000-5500-The Serpenta and the Serlan engage in an Epic Battle that happens all around the world. Neither side wins and both sides agree to end the War. Now the Serpenta and Serlan form the group known as the ST. Which stands for Sword and Trident. There combined might allows them to build massive cities on there World and still keep the balance of nature.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 10:44:43 pm by Durgon »

Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: Serpenta (My new and hopefully original Creature)*Updated History*
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 02:52:23 am »
Wow, that was a lot of info! One thing which seemed a bit dangerous to me was to put eggs next to a geyser. What if it erupts? Otherwise, it's a solid pice of work, I must say! I might draw it for you if I find time to do so.

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 12:17:58 pm »
That was quite detailed and very creative.  I might try to see if I can think me up some original creation like that.

Edit - Also, feel free to Serpenta creature to the SporeWiki Creature Database. PM me if you have questions. :)
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 03:45:04 pm »
ooh another warrior race! I'd like my torpals to meet them :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 06:46:27 pm »
hahah yeh man. I have to say it but your Torpals inspired me to make this race.
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 08:30:10 pm »
hahah yeh man. I have to say it but your Torpals inspired me to make this race.

little ol' me? inspiring someone? oh my, you just made my day!  ;D

when you get some pictures of them with space-age technology, I'll have to draw our guys fighting!  we could be the next-best thing since nauceans and kazeans!  :D
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 08:33:35 pm »
indeed...of course my Forces are quite diverse. I still have to write up about there Land Dwelling Brothers, who are slightly more better in hand to hand combat...anyway that War Picture sounds pretty kool. It could possibly be a beach scene. My Serpenta on the ocean side fighting your Torpal on the land :D

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 08:35:23 pm »
It could possibly be a beach scene. My Serpenta on the ocean side fighting your Torpal on the land :D

nice.  8)
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 08:37:22 pm »
Durgon, have you by anychance read A Game Of Thrones?
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 08:40:28 pm »
Nope havent even heard of it....what is it? ???

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 08:11:57 pm »
are the males' masculinity judged by the size of their Iken fins?  :D
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 10:50:30 pm »
Hahaha no, I couldnt think of much when it came to there reproductive system so I just kinda winged this one. This past week I have had a massive headache and severe writers block so I havent been able to come up with much more. However I think by the end of next week I will have some good information...

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 11:49:23 pm »
someone will eventually illustrate your creature...i could try to give it a go...
but no promises as yet, i am currently in the throws of creatng my own unamed creature.. 8)
Under construction

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 09:37:36 am »
alright lambsquirter sounds good. And good luck with your new Unnamed Creature :D