Author Topic: Jade Empire Looking very Sweet  (Read 4583 times)

Offline GamePolitics

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • GamePolitics.com
Jade Empire Looking very Sweet
« on: April 06, 2005, 06:20:46 pm »
Okay, I can't say much because I am playing a pre-release and MS has the info embargoed until next week, but I will say this: GET JADE EMPIRE !!!!!!

Also, a great preview in the new EGM... They are allowed to talk about it..... ;)

-Dennis

www.GamePolitics.com   

....where Politics & Video Games Collide

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: Jade Empire Looking very Sweet
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 07:33:27 pm »
You lucky lucky dog you! I can't wait to play this one, been clearing my "gaming schedule" in order to play Jade Empire without interruption.

So GamePolitics, do you review games for a living? Or do you just write about gaming in general?
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline GamePolitics

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • GamePolitics.com
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 03:40:55 am »
Hey, Steve...

I've been covering the games beat for the Philadelphia Inquirer since 1998. I've also written for a bunch of other publications, including CGW, Salon, etc. over the years.

Hey. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it..... ;D

-Dennis
www.GamePolitics.com   

....where Politics & Video Games Collide

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 08:40:44 pm »
Been playing it a bit since yesterday. It's okay so far, not to far into the game yet, but Bioware games sometimes take awhile to grab hold of you. The voiceovers aren't quite as good as some of their past games, but it plays like a Bioware game, which is always a good thing.

I'm almost afraid of getting let down by this thing. The reviews have been so amazing that I am expecting this game to be "the most amazing game ever". Hopefully it will be ... we will see.

Offline Sully

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 10:02:33 pm »
Ugh, what a let down. Only got 4-5 hours in and man what stinker. Just feels very clunky to me. Never tried a Bioware product before but was thinking this was going to be a blockbuster. This is not a "AAA" title i have to say. 3/10 so far....

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 11:07:59 pm »
Hmmm... Makes me wonder how far GamePolitics got in the game when he started the thread. :P
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Eagle13

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Reality is an artificial construct
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 12:42:20 pm »
Been playng since yesterday, and I must say, ITS INCREDABLE. Granted, the VO is not the best in the world, but its still very nice, and the Tho Fan (sp?) is an awsom touch to the game play.

The graphics are great, though I wish I had a better TV to play it on, the dynamic lighting and nature physics are very well done.

I do agree with Steve on the fact that It does take a while to get into the game. The first 2 chapers are a bit slow, but it gets mutch better at the end of the second chapter.
We create reality, reality does not create us. Thus is the question, if we stop beleving in reality, then what are our limitations on pursuing our dreams?

Offline Sully

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 03:13:18 pm »
Granted it has been getting a bit better, I think God of War spoiled me.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 03:51:56 pm »
I talk about it a bit more in the new podcast. I'll try to give a full review in a week or two.

Offline franchise

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 05:19:51 pm »
Didn't enjoy Doom 3 due to God of War spoiling me, but loving Jade Empire so far.

Offline jedi55555

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 06:50:29 am »
I have loved Jade Empire So far.  I have been playing it for about 5-8 hours (cannot remember).  I have been really getting into the story and history of this game.  I will talk to other characters as much as I can just to tryo to get some more background and I even have been reading all of the book I have found in the game (which is unusal for me).  The whole experience has been enjoyable to me.

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 08:13:09 am »
I got Jade last week, beat it over the weekend (well it was more like Friday to Tuesday, didn't play on Monday though.) 24 hours. I thought I had been playing a lot more than that actually. I like this game very much. Good combat, GREAT story. A bit dialogue heavy, but that's a good thing in my book. My brother would walk in while I was playing and say, "Oh, you're playing that talking game again." Every time he walked in I was talking to someone, or just finishing a fight and then talking to someone. He's not an RPG fan I don't think.

Graphics were good, but I don't pay much attention to them unless I'm really impressed/disgusted by them.

My biggest gripe was that when I tried to go back and play evil the second go around, I couldn't bring myself to. I just feel bad when I insult people on the game. The same thing happened with Knights of the Old Republic. Has this happened to anyone else, or am I just too good at "suspending disbelief" (as my old English teacher used to say)?

Highly recommended to people looking for RPG, not necessarily for those who are looking for a pure action game.
</my 2 cents>
Signed, Morslok

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 08:28:13 am »
Oh forget it. I couldn't play evil no matter how hard I tried. I often would save the game, try out a few evil things, and then reload the game and play good. But the funniest writting is often found in the evil dialog.

This game is taking me a little longer to play as I'm trying to play Jade Empire and like 4 other games at the same time. Too many games, not enough time...

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 08:02:17 pm »
Rented it, played it evil all the way through (those guys are twisted), reached ultimate evil, won it after three days work, returned it.
Good game. Probally rent it again some day and play through as good, unless they release it on computer, then I'll just buy it.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 12:59:05 am »
I got this game a week ago only just reached Imperial City and really enjoying the game. really enjoyed talking to John Cleese (ok the character voiced by) Although when talking to him was where the voice really was noticed as someitmes it went really quiet but loving this game and very sad that the weekend is almost over and work and studies will prevent me from playing 24/7.

Remembers happy times when excess free time would allow me to play a game after getting up at say 9 am and playing stopping only because needs of the body are becoming stronger than how awsome the game is.