Author Topic: Ask Your Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Questions  (Read 36449 times)

Offline soulfire777

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Your Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Questions
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2006, 07:59:59 am »
Huh? Neocast garbled? I know the volume seems to be erratic but compared to what?

At least you can easily understand what the guys are saying, it's only the volume that seems to change - I wouldn't call it garbled, like say Steve's interview with Will Wright.

That's just the thing, mine is SOOOO garbled, that I literally have trouble making out what they are saying.  After trying to listen for 5 minutes or so, I get so frustrated, I have to turn it off.  =(  I've re-downloaded it 5 times, and I don't have any trouble with any of my otehr MP3s, so I dunno.  For me, it was just plain unlistenable though...  =(

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2006, 08:30:30 am »
Huh? Neocast garbled? I know the volume seems to be erratic but compared to what?

At least you can easily understand what the guys are saying, it's only the volume that seems to change - I wouldn't call it garbled, like say Steve's interview with Will Wright.

You are correct, and that is why I bought over $1500 worth of new recording equipment so that doesn't happen again. Any other complants?
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Hetz

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2006, 08:54:15 am »
QUICK UPDATE:

Okay, good news. The interview is on and confirmed for Monday.

Bad news. I can't release the actual interview until Saturday, February 25th. Yeah, I know, it stinks, but there is nothing I can do about it, it's part of the condition to do the interview.

Sorry that everyone is going to have to wait just a bit longer to hear it, but I'll try to release the interview super early Saturday morning. Don't worry, I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait!

Awesome news! I bet they are going to be letting you in on some huge news that they won't be releasing to the public until Friday....that it's gone gold. :)

Offline Nediak

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2006, 09:46:03 am »
Hey. I have a question about Hand to Hand combat.

Will this skill be much like it was in morrowind or will a higher skill level unlock different combos or animations? In other words, when you are punching someone will it always be a 123 combo or will you be able to do other moves, for instance chops, backhands, upercuts or other advanced martial arts moves?

I have heard about a 'disarm' feature and a so called 'neck strike' feature with hand to hand, could you explain these?

Thanks.

Offline twmazer

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2006, 10:12:25 am »
A few questions for the interview.

1.Will areanas have a end or will you be able to fight forever?

2.Ask about horses monuverablity?

3.When attacking a enemy if you try to run away will it stop chasing you at a certian point or will it keep following you throuout the world?

4.Will every wepon be accesable to starting players or will you have to get to a certain level to use that certain wepon?

5.How many diffrent Monsters are there?

6.About how many people will be in a big battle at once?

7.will the gates to oblivion be forever shut when you beat the main quest or can you still go into them after the main quest is done?

8.Any information on how the elven power crystals will be used or work?

9.Are there like mini bosses in every dungean like in the e3 video?

10.Will villigers react to you diffrently if you kill someone in there town? before and after the guards catch you and put you into jail?

Thx Gaming steve for opening up for questions! ;D

Offline soulfire777

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2006, 11:15:01 am »
I have answers to some, but not all of these:

1) You can fight in the arena forever.
3) Monsters can follow you through load zones, but I have read that you can lose them and they will give up in a realistic manner.
5) I read about 40-50 basic monster model types, but with at least several variants per type
6) I have read that larger battles contain around 20ish creatures onscreen at once, but there might be even more offscreen.
7) Completing the quest shuts down the gates and you can no longer enter Oblivion.

Offline soulfire777

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2006, 06:52:23 am »
Theft detection: I heard that guards in Oblivion will be able to detect stolen goods and will confront you for carrying them? 

Can you please explain to us what factors are involved with that detection process and how it will affect thiefly characters?  For example, if I steal a sword (that looks like any other sword) in one town, will all the guards in another town on the other side of the gameworld still somehow recognize it as stolen and try to arrest me for carrying it, or will it be more realistic than that?

Offline Hetz

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2006, 11:26:15 am »
Ask why Take-Two spokesmen are saying that the game will be out on March 24th, for sure, while Bethesda still refuses to give a release date and will only say "Early 2006".

How can the co-publisher of the game be wrong? I am sure that Bethesda has told them when to expect the game.

Offline soulfire777

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2006, 10:10:57 am »
Monster levelling: Will creatures in Oblivion level up based on your character "level", or something like the sum total of your skills?  For example, if you levelled all your non-primary skills to 100, you would presumably be pretty powerful even though you were only level one.  Would you still be encountering the monsters that any other L1 character would if you do this, or would they be more powerful because so many of your skills were so advanced?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 10:12:33 am by soulfire777 »

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2006, 04:38:52 pm »
UPDATE!

Good news, the interview has been cleared to be posted before the end of the week. Look for it pretty soon (within 24 hours), I just need to clean it up and bit and then I'll post it.

Phew, I'm sooooo tired after playing Oblivion all day today. What a tough job! ;)
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2006, 04:52:36 pm »
UPDATE!

Good news, the interview has been cleared to be posted before the end of the week. Look for it pretty soon (within 24 hours), I just need to clean it up and bit and then I'll post it.

Phew, I'm sooooo tired after playing Oblivion all day today. What a tough job! ;)

I smell a clue!

[EDIT]
||ZOMG||
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 05:04:00 pm by SumGI »
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2006, 05:44:49 pm »
UPDATE!

But somebody's gotta do it!

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2006, 06:02:27 pm »
QUICK UPDATE:

Okay, good news. The interview is on and confirmed for Monday.

Bad news. I can't release the actual interview until Saturday, February 25th. Yeah, I know, it stinks, but there is nothing I can do about it, it's part of the condition to do the interview.

Sorry that everyone is going to have to wait just a bit longer to hear it, but I'll try to release the interview super early Saturday morning. Don't worry, I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait!
UPDATE!

Really, they changed the terms?  What, did they GO GOLD while you were interviewing?!!!>!??!??!?>LIE*(!@)#&_!@
(LOL I randomly typed and got "LIE" OMG LOL)
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline soulfire777

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2006, 06:45:56 pm »
So you got to play it AND do the interview?  Cool!  What version (PC or Xbox) did you play, and what did you think of the game?  =)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 09:12:06 pm by soulfire777 »

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2006, 06:49:47 pm »
Wait for the interveiw
(uh, what's the smiley for being hyper?)