Poll

What rating would you give Spore's concept?

9-10 (Awesome)
46 (86.8%)
7-8 (Good)
4 (7.5%)
5-6 (Meh)
0 (0%)
3-4 (Bad)
0 (0%)
0-2 (Horrible)
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Spore Poll  (Read 10378 times)

Offline Martin4

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Sad, I lost my one copy of Golden Sun.
    • View Profile
Spore Poll
« on: April 04, 2005, 07:12:15 pm »
First poll I've ever hosted, but I thought it would be good for everyone to see what everyone else thinks.

Making my very own game.

Name-No Name yet
Progress-.5%

Things to do-
Everything...

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Poll
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 08:04:35 pm »
Is this in relation to the concept or...?
+++"Sometimes, when I look into the abyss, the abyss looks back" - [tmo]+++

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 08:10:13 pm »
Call me a Grumpy Gus but isn't this a wee premature?  We're all excited about Spore and all but this seems a tad early to me.  Although, when Spore does come out, it might be fun to find this old post and rate my opinion after having actually played the game.  hmm...-leeman

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 08:16:01 pm »
Well, I'd rather expect the game to be crap and find out it's the fabled 'perfect' game than have my hopes slashed by shoddy publishing decisions and the like so I'll say Horrible ;D
+++"Sometimes, when I look into the abyss, the abyss looks back" - [tmo]+++

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 09:38:50 pm »
I think it's a bit early too. I can't rate something if I haven't tried it for myself. (Except for BASE jumping. You guys are just crazy ;D)
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Martin4

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Sad, I lost my one copy of Golden Sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 08:24:16 am »
 It is kinda early, but it's just overall of what we've seen. I mean, people are thinking of expansion packs when the game doesn't even have a release date set. Then again, it would be better for it to turn out beter than we expect. Well, off to beat the last freakin boss fight of Spiderman 2. It's so frustrating!
Making my very own game.

Name-No Name yet
Progress-.5%

Things to do-
Everything...

Offline Mr.Heat

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 08:26:57 am »
I'll be ready to rate it after E3, i'm sure more info and detalis will be released by then

Heat

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 08:36:24 am »
How are we supposed to rate a game none of us have played?

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 09:12:17 am »
I'll say 10 for the unique idea. All we can base our opinions on at this point are early screenies and concepts, and frankly, the concepts and ideas are amazing. I've always wanted a game like this.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 09:17:35 am »
I'll say 10 for the unique idea. All we can base our opinions on at this point are early screenies and concepts, and frankly, the concepts and ideas are amazing. I've always wanted a game like this.

How is creating a poll on how you rate Spore in a Spore forum a unique idea?  Considering people always create polls for games on their respective forums... however these usually occur after release, not over a year prematurely.

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 09:49:42 am »
Let's all rate a game on how good it is even if we don't even have a release date for the game yet ::).

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 10:44:14 am »

How is creating a poll on how you rate Spore in a Spore forum a unique idea?  Considering people always create polls for games on their respective forums... however these usually occur after release, not over a year prematurely.

Why would I rate a poll? o_o -_- o_o

I was giving my input on how I voted IN the poll, not rating the poll itself. You can't rate a game that you haven't played, which is why I said my rating was based on the unique ideas implimented alone, NOT on the "unique" idea of having a poll.

Honestly you guys.  :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 10:45:59 am by Crowster »

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 10:56:55 am »
Yes, but you have no reason to rate the game.  You can rate the concept of the game, but not the game itself until you have actually played it.  It's like saying, "Yeah, my favourite food is pizza... disregarding the fact that i've never had one before." What would be alright though would be, "Yeah, pizza is a really good idea for a food, i rate the idea 8 out of 10 (or whatever)".

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 11:04:40 am »
There is a poll asking me for my opinion. I gave it. If I'm not supposed to do that, then this thread could easily be locked.

I rated in the poll. Nobody here has played, so rating the game on the ideas/unofficial screenshots/GDC info is the best anyone can do. :P

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 12:22:15 pm »
I rated in the poll. Nobody here has played, so rating the game on the ideas/unofficial screenshots/GDC info is the best anyone can do. :P

The best you could do is to not encourage him.