Author Topic: Farscape  (Read 4357 times)

Offline FTH

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • The Green Empire of Imperator Zlarp
Farscape
« on: February 03, 2006, 01:52:12 pm »
I looked through this forum and found no mention of this awesome sci-fi series, so I thought I should rectify this! I've just finished watching the first season and I must say that I am impressed. They have a lot of awesome special effects and aliens that actually look good and original, yet the series still manages to have an intelligent plot and characters you can feel for. If you haven't seen it yet, shame on you, your lives just can't be complete without it, go and watch!

Arrr... the last time I posted something like this I lost my entire forum...

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Farscape
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 05:28:11 pm »
I know we've talked about Farscape somewhere before but I agree, great show. I have the whole series on DVD. It's a shame it got cancelled.

Offline IscariotJ

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 06:45:41 am »
I've just managed to save up and buy all the boxsets, and the mini-series.  I'm on the last DVD of the second series, and wow.  It's one of the best sci-fi shows I've seen.  Another fine show cut down in it's prime.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 11:48:37 pm »
yes cancelled here in australia too..

but i never really got the show..
Under construction

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 05:56:46 pm »
Was that the show with the alien thing attached to the living space ship... thing?

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 11:55:30 pm »
Was that the show with the alien thing attached to the living space ship... thing?
thats correct, and also that small alien who flies around on his mini ufo thing in the ship
Under construction

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 10:08:22 am »
I loved that show! Why did it get canceled?  :-\

Offline IscariotJ

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 05:38:36 am »
I loved that show! Why did it get canceled?  :-\

Sure I read somewhere, cost and the need to make more StarGate were the main reasons.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 10:03:44 pm »
Well It was made in association with Channel 9 here in Australia and when it comes to channel 9 if your not rating your balls off then you are gone.

Offline Sander Scamper

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 03:55:09 am »
I'm a big Sci-Fi Fan, and I have every season of Farscape, but stopped watching after Season 3...the big reason is that the writers were too afraid to move the plot forward significantly. In Stargate, the world has changed a great deal, they've got ships now, they're a significant power in the galaxy and have new technologies.

Farscape, Every Single Freakin' Time they get something cool (the baby ship) it gets taken back off them, immediately. It's just annoying and with no give and all take, I wanted to see some actual forward momentum in the story so I stopped watching.
The reason I hate/Boycott Sony: "Most people, I think, don't even know what a Rootkit is, so why should they care about it?"

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 09:38:01 pm »
I'm a big Sci-Fi Fan, and I have every season of Farscape, but stopped watching after Season 3...the big reason is that the writers were too afraid to move the plot forward significantly. In Stargate, the world has changed a great deal, they've got ships now, they're a significant power in the galaxy and have new technologies.

Farscape, Every Single Freakin' Time they get something cool (the baby ship) it gets taken back off them, immediately. It's just annoying and with no give and all take, I wanted to see some actual forward momentum in the story so I stopped watching.

It's a shame you got so far with it and stopped at three. I think Season four will surprise you if you can follow the twists and turns (not easy). It's considerably larger in scale than the others, I'd say.
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 01:10:52 am »
Farscape: you shall be missed. You were a dear friend, and while your life was short, we will always remember you for your asskicking ways and completely nonsensical yet amusing language.

Farscape is survived by Ben Browder and Claudia Black, now starring in Stargate: SG-1 Season 9.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 12:24:27 pm »
I want Farscape back :( You can never go wrong with muppets in space. ;)

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 12:30:21 pm »
All I can say is that I loved the show and wish they had kept it on, but at least it got a decent ending in the miniseries.  I can't count the shows that I've liked that haven't gotten that.  Farscape will be missed, but I think that I can live with that because I will always be able to say "Farscape never jumped the shark, and I got closure."
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.