Author Topic: my new creature, the Draconii (drawing pending)  (Read 3883 times)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
my new creature, the Draconii (drawing pending)
« on: January 30, 2006, 01:02:45 pm »
I can't find the CD that goes with my digital camera so that I can upload pics to my computer right now. But a concept sketch will have to do for now.

This could be a proto-Draconii, before they achieved intelligence.
(unfortunately something is wrong with artpad so no artpad pic :P)

as I said, its a concept so things will probably change, I may also change the final description to fit what I eventually draw.

the proto-draconii (this is between 10 and 20 million years before sentience) is a semiaquatic reptillian that has a long trunk with a nasty looking set of jaws with many teeth in it on the end of the trunk, there are a pair of long thin arms ending in serrated claws with teeth-like barbs near the end of the trunk which are used to grab and hold prey, the claws are used as a defensive weapon as well as during breeding season when males fight each other. The battles during mating season are mostly posturing, trying to look as big as possible, roaring at each other, if niether one backs down then they charge each other and begin to wrestle with thier trunks and thier body, they also use the trunk claws to hit each other and blood is sometimes drawn, but such fights are never to the death and fatalities from that are rare.They have a nostril partway up the trunk which they use for smell. They do breathe through thier mouth, but its adapted so that they can swallow prey underwater without choking or drowning. Thier brain is actually in the body as is the eye.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:17:36 pm by smjjames »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
ah dammit, theres something wrong with artpad since its not saving the artwork :P

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: my new creature, the Draconii (drawing pending)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 02:43:45 pm »
well, what do you guys think of the description in general. If Artpad was working right I would have put the image up, but I can't, so....

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 03:15:52 pm »
Triple post! shazzam. Sorry, I'm sleepy. opinion comes tomorrow.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 03:18:36 pm »
LOL you :)

Anyway, I'll try and find that CD, if not, then paintshop or something. I wanted to try drawing it on paper, then put it up or something.