Author Topic: 360 is now common in Lakewood, CO  (Read 4942 times)

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
360 is now common in Lakewood, CO
« on: January 30, 2006, 11:38:41 am »
Yesterday (Sunday) I walked into my local Walmart and headed for the electronics section. There was of course hundreds of after-church familys wandering around and pushing their way through to get some DVDs and games, but something caught my eye while wandering around. The 360 area had little to no games left in stock, but lo-and-behold just under the games were 3 standard 360s and 1 premium package.

I just can't believe that with all this busy running around to find one and buying them off the internet for hundreds more then they're worth, I found 4 sitting around and no one even noticed. I guess I probably should've bought one to sell online...but I guess if I decide to do that I could just go back in a week and pick one up. Sure didn't look like they were going anywhere.

Oh, and this particular Walmart's 360 launch line didn't fill up completely until an hour before they were sold. Just thought some of you who are still trying to get one would be pissed off about all this.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 360 is now common in Lakewood, CO
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 01:54:35 pm »
stop rubbing it in!

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 05:57:04 pm »
*shrug*
the only XBox 2 games that I'd be interested in are also on PC, except for Geometry Wars.

I think Microsoft produced such small quantities because they wanted the "OMG I can't find a 360" stuff to generate attention and make the price seem less ridiculous.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Sudoh Kyoichi

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Super Mario 64
    • View Profile
    • Sudoh Kyoichi
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 05:58:33 pm »
My Wal-Mart in Cambridge, Ohio had 4 of each right now.

Offline ECUnlimited

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Entropic Decay
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 04:50:21 pm »
YEah, I've been to a few Walmarts and ther have about 4 each.  2 Premium and 2 Core.
Currently playing: Perfect Dark Zero, Golden Sun, Half Life 2

Offline Quanrian

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 01:26:01 am »
That's actually not saying much to be honest. The store I got mine at got 13 at a time and they sell them all within days. You could go back the very next day and they would likely be gone. Unless the store is terribly unpopular or the area is somewhat poor it really doesn't take long to sell 4 360's. The cores are harder to move however since 'most' people are smart enough to get the premiums.
Eat the game before it devours your life !

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 06:41:14 am »
That's actually not saying much to be honest. The store I got mine at got 13 at a time and they sell them all within days. You could go back the very next day and they would likely be gone. Unless the store is terribly unpopular or the area is somewhat poor it really doesn't take long to sell 4 360's. The cores are harder to move however since 'most' people are smart enough to get the premiums.

Yeah now, but I wrote that in January. They are a lot easier to find now, but in January everyone was still whining about not being able to find one.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 03:18:38 pm »

Yeah now, but I wrote that in January. They are a lot easier to find now, but in January everyone was still whining about not being able to find one.

i'm still whining about not being able to find one :'(
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 08:22:06 pm »
I cant wait tell they make it to California.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 08:53:09 pm »
It hasn't even been released here in Australia so there.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 08:13:32 pm »
So far in Northglenn CO, I have yet to see any at walmart, but I just got mine at Sams club. They had like 5

Offline Leetard

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 09:28:17 am »
I've had mine for 2 months now... Nobody has any still around here in Blaine MN, but I got lucky with mine... basically talking to a manager and seeing when they typically got some and just how many. So on one of my precious days off I called them an hour after they opened and they had 2 premiums. So I got over there asap and got it. In the next few months for sure youll see a plentiful supply,, at least in theory you should, it would be awfully smart of microsoft in prep of the PS3 this fall.

Offline the_mitch28

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 08:29:39 am »
It hasn't even been released here in Australia so there.

23rd of March, not long now. Can't wait getting mine on the 28th, hopefully there will be an abundance of them over here, it is extortion what they ask for them though,what is it $799???

Oh and the trick to finding hard to get things, is, goto small places that not as many people know about because more people are likely to goto 'wallmart' then some small video games shop.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 06:33:05 pm »
I finnally got my off of craigslist : $500 for premium, extra wired controller, plug and play kit, Call of duty 2, fight night, and nba y26, pretty good deal if you ask me. But I still need to drop another $200 for a wireless adaptor, year of live, and oblivion. oy
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 08:22:19 pm »
*shrug*
the only XBox 2 games that I'd be interested in are also on PC, except for Geometry Wars.

I think Microsoft produced such small quantities because they wanted the "OMG I can't find a 360" stuff to generate attention and make the price seem less ridiculous.

Someone ported Geometry Wars over to the PC

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2486.0

Offline Kaze

• Adventure Ace
  • Vicious Polar Bear
    • View Profile
    • EČ
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 11:28:44 pm »
My partner, who isn't even into gaming, managed to buy one the day they came out. I was so ecstatic :) We sold it later that day after taking offers from a few of my friends for $750. I will never understand the craze for the 360. It's not like it's an exceptionally grand product. People are so perplexing, but I'm all for profiteering when it benefits me.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 01:19:32 am »
well how else are those people without super computers going to play oblivion?
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 03:01:51 am »
Apparently it runs alright on an OK PC.

-Understated elegance.