Author Topic: Which Pratchett first?  (Read 10659 times)

Offline Danger Mouse

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
Re: Which Pratchett first?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2006, 02:46:54 am »
I like Thief of Time but it does build off of a fair amount of characters like the Auditors and Susan. It's all about Mort and Small Gods for me when it comes to trying to convince people what book to read. Anywho, there you have it. -leeman

Im trying to read that one, but I have to admit Im having trouble, it doesnt flow as well as others of Pratchetts. Im almost finding myself having to read it over again to put the whole story together, its a bit disjointed.
Good Grief!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2006, 09:18:11 am »
I found out recently that theres a TV special of Hogfather thats going to be shown on Sky around Christmas in the UK. It'll be the first live action adaptation of a Discworld novel and has a bunch of famous english actors in it.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 10:32:58 am »
The Hogfather live adaption was alright. I enjoyed it for its own sake, though I do think death looked a little too much like a fat Calista Flockhart.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2007, 11:45:08 am »
I just watched it and I felt they did a really good job all around although they were definitely not without problems.  Death and Albert were particularly well done.  Teatime...was interesting in a Willy Wonka/Doogie Howser sort of way.