Author Topic: Creature and Vehicle Index Request thread.  (Read 52467 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Creature and Vehicle Index Request thread.
« on: January 29, 2006, 01:53:46 am »
Plz ask Ovi to add your creature to the creature index here. Or even your vehicles to the vehicle thread.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 10:09:38 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: Index - My New Creature
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 03:42:05 am »
Great, can we get a sticky plz?

Offline DoggySpew

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 08:21:00 am »

I second that one !

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/DoggySpew

7 Gold, 5 Silver, 4 Bronze on the Olympics.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 08:25:38 am »
Thought i should see how many my new creatures there are and make a list. Hopefully this can become a sticky topic if the creatures ever get theirn own topic forum.

I second that one !

Stickied!

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: Index - My New Creature
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 10:41:22 am »
put my creature in the list 8)

The Still'wak

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: SV: Index - My New Creature
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 03:20:43 pm »
put my creature in the list 8)

The Still'wak

Its up. BTW i am usially good about putting up new creatureues within a day.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 08:15:14 pm »
I am annoyed by the details that people are puting in already- gestation period, history, home planet geogrphy-stuff that you will have no idea of untill you actually play the game
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 08:44:07 pm »
I think a lot of people are doing creature posts just to share their ideas and help kill time, doubt anyone really expects to be able to fully implement every detail of their creations into the game itself.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 08:46:48 pm »
I am annoyed by the details that people are puting in already- gestation period, history, home planet geogrphy-stuff that you will have no idea of untill you actually play the game
Well, there's an easy solution.  Just don't read topics that start with "My creature the ___" :)

Seriously, though, please understand that these folks are inventing creatures for the fun of it, not because they need to plan out how they will play a game months before its release.  I think they all plan to play around with the game and probably make something different anyway!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 09:42:06 pm by Borogove »
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline tuggles

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 09:25:46 pm »
Well, there's an easy solution. Jsut don't read topics that start with "My creature the ___" :)

Seriously, though, please understand that these folks are inventing creatures for the fun of it, not because they need to plan out how they will play a game months before its release. I think they all plan to play around with the game and probably make something different anyway!

Yea what he said, the only simularity between what I want to mess with in the game and my creature the Caelastian (aka Whalird) is the ocean enviroment. Spore just enspired me to get my creative juices flowing and see how good of a story and how good art work I can create.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 10:45:07 pm »
That's what I've been saying all along. This is world-building and not some Spore planning. It would be impossible to create all the history and details in Spore, and we all know it. Nobody writes fanfics about Halo 3, do they?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 12:06:29 am »
That's what I've been saying all along. This is world-building and not some Spore planning. It would be impossible to create all the history and details in Spore, and we all know it. Nobody writes fanfics about Halo 3, do they?

Exactly. Spore is just the genre. we are making creatures that "coould" be in Spore, but are more complex and detailed than what we expect. However that dosen't mean its not fun to make it up. Like Huggkruka said, we are world building just like a pen and pager D&D game or fantasy novel. These are made for people to think and be creative. Think of it as both a game and art within itself that could exist with or without Spore comming out.

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 11:48:23 am »
Nobody writes fanfics about Halo 3, do they?
You would be soo surprised

.....but yeh most of us creating these do it just to kill time and because its fun. I seriously doubt we will choose gestation time  :D especially considering that if you had to wait for a creature to be born that means longer time until you can edit them....

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 08:53:36 pm »
Nobody writes fanfics about Halo 3, do they?
That's what they said about Horatio Hornblower slash fanfic.

Uncyclopedia saves your mind from permanent scarring, kids!

Oh, and I don't read any of the creature threads, including my own (except for when I add to it).
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 10:06:28 pm »
I've sent PMs to everyone with a creature listed here so they can go and add them to SporeWiki's Creature Database.  In case someone didn't get directions from me and they want to add their creature, the link has directions for adding creatures.  Enjoy :).
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life: