Author Topic: Planet Spore  (Read 15253 times)

Offline Sash

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Planet Spore
« on: April 03, 2005, 03:25:20 pm »
Come and visit Planet Spore for up to date news, screenshots, forums, and more.

Drop by, register, and join in with the discussion.

Thanks,
Sash

Offline Anou Mawi

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Spore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 03:59:48 pm »
This is the wrong fourm...I think...

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 04:13:29 pm »
Technically, it's the right forum, because it's a link to a site which gives potential information about Spore - which is the forum description. 

Offline Ketro Fett

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 08:42:23 pm »
Advertising is kinda lame, though.

Offline Sash

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 02:41:21 am »
You're all entitled to your own opinion.

But if you think it's a good site, please register and post on the forums.

Thanks,
Sash

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 06:02:29 am »
That's fine.

I didn't know about it so thanks for bringing it to my attention at least ;D
+++"Sometimes, when I look into the abyss, the abyss looks back" - [tmo]+++

Offline Sash

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 11:48:55 am »
Thank you. At least someone likes my site...

Planet Spore needs your help to grow, so please join and tell your Spore-loving friends about it!

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 12:19:16 pm »
It's nice to see sites springing up but somehow I get the feeling that this will be the place for any exclusive inside information however keep up the good work.

I forgot to say, I won't be signing up but that's only because I belong to more forums then I can count and it seems a waste to sign up to different forums based around the same game if I am only going to post in one.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 12:23:22 pm by Jayce »

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 01:21:18 pm »
It's nice to see sites springing up but somehow I get the feeling that this will be the place for any exclusive inside information however keep up the good work.

Gaming Steve seems to have some connections that dedicated spore site owners don't. Plus he has a history with the industry and kind of has a feel for how it works. Even though this site isn't dedicated to spore, it's the spore coverage that I think is going to put this place on the map. Until Spore gets really big, this place should be the best place for the latest info.

The spore forum here is a lot busier than any other spore forum I've seen so far.

Offline SHW

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 03:06:55 pm »
I whole-heartily agree with the person above me. Gaming Steve can attract more members because of the colours, members and information on Spore.

Offline Sash

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 05:03:27 am »
I must agree, GamingSteve does seem to have an "inside source", for a FEW of his facts about the game. But many of the others are speculations which are drawn from the information we currently have.

If someone could give me an example of information which is on GamingSteve, but not on Planet Spore, I'll be glad to hear it.

Sash

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 11:09:28 am »
I must agree, GamingSteve does seem to have an "inside source", for a FEW of his facts about the game. But many of the others are speculations which are drawn from the information we currently have.

If someone could give me an example of information which is on GamingSteve, but not on Planet Spore, I'll be glad to hear it.

Sash

http://gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=209.0

Yes, I saw that Mr. Heat put that on the SnootySpore forums too, but Steve's the one who got the info originally, and had it posted first. If any other *new* info is leaked before E3, I'd expect it to be steve who gets it. My guess would be that after E3, more Spore forums, including yours, will take off like mad. That's why I'm glad to see sites like yours popping up. :) But until then, this place is where most of the convo will probably be.

Offline Sash

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 11:46:17 am »

Sash

http://gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=209.0

Yes, I saw that Mr. Heat put that on the SnootySpore forums too, but Steve's the one who got the info originally, and had it posted first. If any other *new* info is leaked before E3, I'd expect it to be steve who gets it. My guess would be that after E3, more Spore forums, including yours, will take off like mad. That's why I'm glad to see sites like yours popping up. :) But until then, this place is where most of the convo will probably be.

I have to admit, I was surprised to see that information. Steve is an expert at getting anything "leaked". You're right about E3, too. Not many people know of the GDC so they probably won't have heard of Spore. But many more know of E3, so let's hope people start looking for communities to join.

That's why I'm glad to see sites like yours popping up. :)

I'm glad to have finally seen a comment like that. ;D

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 12:05:10 pm »
Hey all, I just wanted to put in my two cents on this topic since it seems like it's getting a little crazy.

First, I imagine that in a few months there will be several hundred Spore web sites and forums around the world, just like The Sims. Would I like the Gaming Steve Spore forum to continue to be one of the "main" forums for people to come and chat about Spore? Of course I do. Not only do I really love the concept of the game and want to follow it, but I do feel I have connection to the game since I was there and got to cover the world premiere unveiling of the game to the public. I will also, if need be, make a separate section on the site just for Spore information and coverage. But right now with the limited information being released I feel that the forum, pictures, and podcasts on the game are enough to adequately cover the game.

Second, I will continue to cover and dig to find out information on the game. I will talk about the game both on my podcast as well as in the forums. As I find out information, both exclusive and non-exclusive, I will post it and let everyone know. Of course, any "exclusive" information can be spread throughout the Internet in 5 seconds and everyone in the world can claim responsibility, but I will still do what I can.

Third, I go to all the industry events, where the first information will be released to the public. Again, as I know about it so will you.

Fourth, very simple, I know people both directly and indirectly working on this game. It is actually tricky to get info on the game at this point as it is covered under the EA NDA agreement. So people who give me info on the game right now have to do it in secret otherwise they can get fired/sued by EA. So as I find out info from my friends and contacts I will let you know, but expect it to be spotty until the game is "officially" announced.

I'm sure this won't be the last Spore web site we hear about in the next few months, but keep it civil Sash. There is more than enough to share.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Sash

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 03:59:28 pm »
I hear you loud and clear, Steve. There's going to be nothing which could get anyone in trouble on my site, if I can help it.

Keep up the good work Steve...you're one of the best out there.

Sash