Author Topic: Teshlin - My new creature  (Read 16931 times)

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile

Four Feet Good, Two Feet Bad!

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Teshlin - My new creature
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 03:48:25 pm »
if you put around it will display it in the post.

Good looking creature. I am guessing this is when it is primitive? looks like it moves like an ape, with its knuckles on the ground.

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 03:56:00 pm »
Yea it doues, and it uses its tail as a grasber.

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 04:03:51 pm »
Because of Hydro's Naucean, and Hugg's Kazea, i have been inspire to create my own creature. The Teshlin towers at 12 feet, It is an omnivor. It lives on a planet wich houses hundreds, maybe thousands of tiny tropical islands. Because of the high heat and the humidity, to cool off it pants with its two toungs like a dog. Their culture is not unlike the polynesians, and like the polynesians they are on the constant search for new islands to colonize. The weapon it holds in its hand is a wood club/sword witch is lined with sharks teeth.

Any coments or sugestions wiil help me further devlope my creature, and boost my ego ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 05:29:54 pm by Derk »

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 04:09:14 pm »
Pergaps would be a good time to teach you about the "modify" button. Click this to add/change a post you've already made. That way you don't post over and over right after yourself. Happy posting :)

Edit: It's in the upper right hand corner of all your posts.

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 05:32:29 pm »
Thanks for all the help you guys.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 05:34:54 pm by Derk »

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 05:38:21 pm »
No problem! :)

I like the way you did the tail, by the way, similar to the Willosaur, yet tastefully different.

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 06:27:52 pm »
Actualy i based my creature more on the Neucean. I have a back story about how their related that i'll post later.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 08:24:22 pm »
I can't help notice the similaries with the eyes and nostrils as well as the color. No offense to you but perhaps you should try a creature a bit diffrent from not only mine but what others have made so far. In short there are unlimited possiblites, why use mine.

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 09:37:05 pm »
I'm sorry Hydro I couldn't help myself. It's not like i'm trying to steal ideas, but that face configuration just worked so well. But I'm realy sorry if i've ofended you.
This is a map of the Teshlin Home world. It is made up of one large continent and hundreds of islands to the east. The Islands are were the Polynesian like culture is based, but the western continent is more of a turkish influence and has a dry arid climate but a fertil easter coast. In the Galactic age there are three main cities.

Reet,The center of the desert culture. It is located in the mountan chain and is next to a canal carved from the river fed by a mountain top lake. It would be considered the most technologicly advanced.

Shar, The center of the island culture. It has been at almost constant war with the adjacent large island for dominance of the island empire. Even though the Reet are far more advanced in metalurgy and science, The Isanders have a very advanced knowledge about astronamy.

Karlt, A costal city witch is a mesh of both the Desert and Island cultures, and eventualy becomes the capital of the Planet.

After the Island nation finaly united, they headed east to colonize the continent. The Reet's fought back and tried to conque the Islanders with a navy. But since the Islanders were far more experienced with ocean warfaire they managed to drive them back. Ever since they have been in a kind of stail mate for dominence. After the discovery of other civilizations on other planets, they have united in an atempt to hold their own in intergalactic politcis. They centered in a costal town witch has both Reet and Islander influence.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 09:44:21 pm by Derk »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 12:19:31 am »
Actualy i based my creature more on the Neucean. I have a back story about how their related that i'll post later.

I'm sorry Hydro I couldn't help myself. It's not like i'm trying to steal ideas, but that face configuration just worked so well. But I'm realy sorry if i've ofended you.

Well i am still not sure how they are related.

Also am not so offened as in disapointed sicne your creature looks like a mixture of my Naucean and the tail of the Willosaurus.

However i do have some sudgestions. On how to have your creature so it has its own unique features. For instance why copy my 4 eyes when you could have nostirls in their place and replace your nostrils with eyes! Poof! its a complty diffrent creature now. Or if you don't want it looking so much the same make the colors diffrent rather than blue make it have soem exotic pattern or something.

There are just tons of things that can be done. Just use your imagination.  ;)

Here is what i came up with just by adding and moving things around. You can hardly tell its based on the Naucean. But cans still tell its off your creature.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 12:40:00 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006, 04:22:39 am »
I like the tounges, and the planet configuration. I really can't see how the Teshlin and the Nauceans could be connected though, other than by forced relocation(Is that what you had in mind?) And I have to ask, what's that on his arm?

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2006, 08:24:24 am »
It's a robotic arm :o. At least it looks like metal
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 12:13:33 pm »
Its a tatoo of their tribal emblam, and i'll try to post a teshlin of the desert culture with some variations.

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2006, 01:29:23 pm »
Sorry to hijack the thread but how come everyone has differnent tribe that are slightly different?