Author Topic: Image Archives  (Read 694760 times)

Offline jnddepew

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Scyan Alliance Forums
Re: Image Archives
« Reply #1335 on: January 31, 2008, 05:42:28 am »
I really wish they didn't have the healthbars, flashes when to creatures were fighting, and other various out of place blinding  lights and effects here and there.  I was really looking forward to the creature stage and I was hoping it would be reasonably realistic, but with all the flashes and especially the healthbars, it's really disappointing. I wish maybe there was a little bar at the bottom that showed your own creatures health, but not ugly healthbars floating around everywhere.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 31, 2008, 06:45:32 am »
I really wish they didn't have the healthbars, flashes when to creatures were fighting, and other various out of place blinding  lights and effects here and there.  I was really looking forward to the creature stage and I was hoping it would be reasonably realistic, but with all the flashes and especially the healthbars, it's really disappointing. I wish maybe there was a little bar at the bottom that showed your own creatures health, but not ugly healthbars floating around everywhere.

Yes.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
  • bwahahaha e=fish bwahahah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 31, 2008, 06:47:27 am »
that interface was prob. directed toward young players and the people at maxis know what their doing i bet this is for the better
Code:

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 31, 2008, 12:31:46 pm »
Healthbars are something likely to be toggled.

Its not that, i just think that its very unrealistic to have health points like that.

For example, you have 324 hp on your creature, you then get bitten, you loose 323 hp, but you still look alright, and can do things.

It should be, your creature is looking very healthy, then it gets bitten/hurt/wacked and it looks very ill and hurt, limping etc.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 31, 2008, 02:40:05 pm »
Healthbars are something likely to be toggled.

Its not that, i just think that its very unrealistic to have health points like that.

For example, you have 324 hp on your creature, you then get bitten, you loose 323 hp, but you still look alright, and can do things.

It should be, your creature is looking very healthy, then it gets bitten/hurt/wacked and it looks very ill and hurt, limping etc.

i think WW's creature in 2005 is far ahead of you
Code:

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 31, 2008, 03:17:45 pm »
What do you mean?

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 31, 2008, 03:42:04 pm »
What do you mean?

well hes been dubbed the limpasaur the humpatron and the scuffleomatic
Code:

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 31, 2008, 05:49:14 pm »
.... I dont get you.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 31, 2008, 05:54:16 pm »
hehe he humps all the time your post was limp related...  :D
Code:

gec05

« Reply #1344 on: January 31, 2008, 05:55:58 pm »
No offense, but it helps to use good grammar if we are to understand what you're trying to say. :-\

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 31, 2008, 05:57:34 pm »
why??? i don't think he really got me it was a joke not a good one at that. the reason he didn't get the joke is
far simpler than bad grammar
Code:

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 31, 2008, 05:58:32 pm »
Enlighten me.

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 31, 2008, 06:13:24 pm »
I think he's referring to the jerking movement of the willasaur (willosaur?) when it walked. I see what he meant, but boy did the delivery get messed up through the tubes.

I'll do my best to 'translate':

You said you wanted creatures limping, wheezing and weak at low health levels.

He said that Will Wright was way ahead of you with the willasaur (willosaur?), making an ostensibly humorous comment about the walking animation of said tripod-a-saurus involving its limp-like quality or the scuffling of the feet in said animation. I've deemed the middle name he called it unsuitable for my consumption and have forcibly extracted it from my memory banks.

Hope that helps.  :)

(on a side and pretty much unrelated note, i feel inexplicable happy and energetic despite getting about 2 hours of shuteye last night. Must be the lack of sleep.)

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 31, 2008, 06:14:52 pm »
I think he's referring to the jerking movement of the willasaur (willosaur?) when it walked. I see what he meant, but boy did the delivery get messed up through the tubes.

I'll do my best to 'translate':

You said you wanted creatures limping, wheezing and weak at low health levels.

He said that Will Wright was way ahead of you with the willasaur (willosaur?), making an ostensibly humorous comment about the walking animation of said tripod-a-saurus involving its limp-like quality or the scuffling of the feet in said animation. I've deemed the middle name he called it unsuitable for my consumption and have forcibly extracted it from my memory banks.

Hope that helps.  :)

(on a side and pretty much unrelated note, i feel inexplicable happy and energetic despite getting about 2 hours of shuteye last night. Must be the lack of sleep.)

thanks man i thought i was about to look like an idiot by explaining my own joke  ;D
Code:

Offline jnddepew

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Scyan Alliance Forums
« Reply #1349 on: January 31, 2008, 06:32:36 pm »
I wonder if they still have the dragging the creature along the ground like in the 2005 demo.  to bad you can't drag a creature up a tree and hand it over a branch to eat later.  :D