Author Topic: Image Archives  (Read 771877 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Image Archives
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2006, 06:20:55 am »
I have. That's a classic though, surpirsed it was not already posted in this thread.

It had been posted before and it took me awhile but I found the thread: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=829.0

Offline aquaman

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Must...Get....SPORE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2006, 10:43:13 am »
It appears that this is at least the 4th time this was posted. Ah well, no harm done :D

Here are some random Will Wirght picture - unrelated to spore but who cares!

Wright explains the concept of a fitness landscape in terms of game genres:

Is it me or does that odd shape in front of his face look like an amoeba?

"Now let me explain this invisible box. Its basically a normal cube, coated in a layer of what i call unperceivadisaperaosis......"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 01:18:19 pm by aquaman »

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2006, 11:15:15 am »
Is it me or does that odd shape in front of his face look like an amoeba?
Ah, that's the psychological phenomenon that scientists like to call "Will Wright can't draw" coupled with the strange chemical imbalance "Waiting for Spore."
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2006, 04:47:36 pm »
I have. That's a classic though, surpirsed it was not already posted in this thread.

It had been posted before and it took me awhile but I found the thread: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=829.0

Here are the other two (older) topics on that: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=531.0 http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=657.0

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2006, 01:12:16 pm »
What the hell give the guy a break. You guys need to drop the whole Um thing, a lot of people have verbal pauses and don't even know it. God..
Will Wright, the original.

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2006, 01:41:17 pm »
What the hell give the guy a break. You guys need to drop the whole Um thing, a lot of people have verbal pauses and don't even know it. God..

..............Well once you notice it it them it get stuck your head ;).You know he can see what you say  :P,I mean I realy don cair much as long as he talks about spore an its values ect then lm happy
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 14, 2006, 02:14:46 pm »
So I'm new here.  I'll start with the apparently obligatory "I'm new here" stats.

Name: Sloan
Known for: Losing The Game(I'll get to that in a minute)
Favorite games: Err Final Fantasies and WoW... And Spore... Even though it's not out yet.  Black and White 2 disappointed me, btw.

Alright, that's enough.

So the other day, I was T.A.ing for Physics and my friend Miguel says to me: "Sloan, have you heard about Spore yet?" So I answered, "No!"

I went home, got on World of Warcraft, couldn't get into AV, logged out, went to MySpace for awhile, then to google.  I started searching for random things, and I remembered Spore.  I watched the GDC video.  Eventually, I came here to these forums, and I've been doing nothing but obsessing over Spore for over a week.  I can't even play WoW anymore...  It just makes me think about how much I want to play Spore.  It's insane.

I was about to reply to one of the topics a few days ago, but I decided to sleep first, when I woke up, I couldn't find it so I gave up.  But then I read this whole thread, and decided to tell everyone about "The Game".

Trust me, you're all screwed.

A few pages back, people were mentioning games that couldn't be lost.  Well, here's one that can't be won: The Game
Rule 1: To know The Game is to play The Game.
Rule 2: When you think about The Game, you lose The Game, with two exceptions
         -If you hearing someone talking about "The Game"
         -If you read something about "The Game"(Including hand signals)
Rule 3: When you lose The Game, you must say outloud "I just lost The Game"
Rule 4: You lose The Game again once you forget about it from the first time and think about it again.

So say I'm sitting thinking about all the types of cheeses I've eaten.  Suddenly, I think of The Game.  I say to my best friend Jorgenvargen(<----- Not real), "I lost The Game!"  He laughs at me for awhile, and then we start talking again.  Later on, he brings up the subject of sandwhiches.  He states that his favorite part of the sandwhich is the cheese.  I lose The Game again because between the time of the first loss and this one, "The Game" has been forced from my stream of conscious.  Since I've been thinking about The Game throughout this entire post, I've pretty much only lost once.

Other than this rare occasion, I usually lose like 20 to 30 times per day.

I wrote an essay about The Game...  But the teacher gave me a 0 for being off-topic...  Speaking of being off-topic...  I haven't said all that much about this thread, except for the games you can't lose bit.

Oh yeah, a group my friends and I were watching the Spore video, and every time he said "Um" It made us all lose The Game.  It wouldn't have, except for in one part of the video he says, "In the game...  Um... The Game... Um," And then he continues... It was almost as if he was announcing that he lost The Game... I was fricken amazed... And then I lost The Game.  Haha!

Offline aquaman

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Must...Get....SPORE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 14, 2006, 02:20:26 pm »
Glad to hear that Spore has amazed a few people long enough for them not to lose "the game"  ;)  Welcome to the forums.

but why is this in the image archives?

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2006, 02:59:34 pm »
Err well...  I dunno... Probably because someone mentioned Will's "Um" thing and someone else mentioned games you can't lose.  So I introduced the game you can't win.  Err yeah.

Offline Doomstrom

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 21, 2006, 12:01:31 am »
Very nice pictures everybody :)
#1 Spore Fan. You better believe it.

Offline Armadous

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 21, 2006, 12:12:52 am »
The picture under concepts with the tank and the sub and some planets. I love the dude wraped around behind and underneath himself. That's just great. :)

Gaming Stream : winamp required

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #281 on: March 21, 2006, 04:44:18 am »
Don't forget these new ones from Wired

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 04:45:59 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #282 on: March 21, 2006, 05:50:40 am »

Sniff... they're so beautiful! Reminds me of my icons.

The gun turrents on the walls caught my eye - apparently there will be some sort of "city weapon" editor.

Offline Sadisticfaction

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 21, 2006, 07:26:48 am »
I LOVE the simplicity and cartoonish style that reigns supreme :D

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 21, 2006, 07:51:41 am »

Sniff... they're so beautiful! Reminds me of my icons.

The gun turrents on the walls caught my eye - apparently there will be some sort of "city weapon" editor.

i never mentioned it before but always have ment to. Your icons rock!