Author Topic: Your favorite episode  (Read 5417 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite episode
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 03:10:42 pm »
Spaced really scared me since you could usually hear the videogames they were playing long before you could see them....and I recognized them all, including the ones I never played! :o I guess that promised 3rd season is never coming, huh?

I liked Black Adder quite a bit, but never fell in love with it, unfortunately.
Black Books was also pretty funny.

I also love Fawlty Towers - there's one episode where Basil is trying to impress the clients with a gourmet dinner, only the chef passes out drunk and angry because Manuel doesn't love him, so Basil has to run back and forth to town to his former chef....and then the car breaks down...and more hilarity ensues :)

Classic episode! Then he serves all the guests duck even though they dont want it :D
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 09:16:38 pm »
I hate to name an anime, but I loved the YuYu Hakusho episode where they storm into the Black Book Club's headquarters.

There are alot of Arrested Development episodes I liked.

And the first few Spongebob Squarepants episodes were really good (when I first saw them).
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline mik

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • The Fanboys
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 12:06:49 pm »
The two-part Christmas Special that brought The Office to a close. Now THAT's how you end a series on a high note.

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 04:56:35 pm »
Yeah, that was one I considered mentioning.

Two stand out moments in those episodes.

The Dawn and Tim Story arc made me cry, in fact it makes me cry everytime I see it, lovely stuff.
And the simple two word phrase that David Brent says to the vile character called Finchy.
I won't go into details, suffice to say that the second word was off, but with that phrase the Brent character completely redeemed himself from all those episodes of miserable failure.Now that's great writing.