Author Topic: Episode 35 Posted  (Read 13870 times)

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 35 Posted
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 03:14:37 pm »
Must....stop....blocks....from....reaching....top......

Actually, the game is REALLY fun in multiplayer - good examples are Tetron4 and Tetrinet - both free to download.

I hope they never make Mortal Kombat DS - that would make abbreviations really confusing around here  ::)

I also saw Bloodrayne the other day...and amazingly enough, I didn't think it was "horrific" - just "pretty sub-par".  I pretty much completely agree with Kotaku's review of the movie. For example, the fight scenes really MIGHT be pretty good, but you never get a chance to see more than half a second of action before the camera switches to the next half-second shot.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/bloodrayne/bloodrayne-movie-review-147859.php

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 03:15:03 pm »
On a lighter note, here's a link to an original tetris commercial:

http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/01/tetris.html

Kagan: I'm sure that any game you like can be ridiculed for one reason or another, same with anybody's taste in anything. Some people like Sony, some people like Nintendo, they can go on and on about why the other company sucks while having reasons for why their favorite company is the greatest.

Nobody is wrong, but then again no one is right. Their opinions are different, they should leave it at that. And so should you.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 03:17:32 pm »
Kagan's a troller, he just wants attention. Ignore his rude posts, and he'll shut up and go away, or will improve the quality and respectfullness of his posts.

Thats a nice bit of history there, 762.  :)

Offline Kagan

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 03:20:03 pm »
Kagan's a troller, he just wants attention. Ignore his rude posts, and he'll shut up and go away, or will improve the quality and respectfullness of his posts.

Thats a nice bit of history there, 762. :)

I imagine it is rather convenient to label me a troll so as to save yourself from actually having to mount an intelligent argument against me.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 03:22:47 pm »
Alright. Let's just kill this topic before it mounts to a flame war. Nobody worry about defending your reputation, just stop posting about this.

Offline Kagan

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 03:23:42 pm »
Nobody is wrong, but then again no one is right. Their opinions are different, they should leave it at that. And so should you.

That is the problem with people these days. They are afraid to stake their beliefs with blood and sweat, so they simply say, "We all have different opinions, so let's just agree to disagree! Let's go prance around the forest, holding each others hands as we live in harmony!"

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 03:24:10 pm »

Thats a nice bit of history there, 762. :)

I imagine it is rather convenient to label me a troll so as to save yourself from actually having to mount an intelligent argument against me.

Unfortunately for you, you are the only one arguing.

Alright. Let's just kill this topic before it mounts to a flame war. Nobody worry about defending your reputation, just stop posting about this.

I agree, nothing good will come from this.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 03:25:39 pm »
New proposal for Kagan:

Ignore at all costs.

Even if he calls you the son of a motherless goat, trollers need people to bug so they will continue.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 03:26:17 pm »
That's the best idea since someone decided to distill alcohol!

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 03:27:03 pm »
And Kagan, you can't harp on people for their tastes in games. Everyone is different. Just because you may not like Tetris, does not mean it is a bad game. Try to be more tolerant of other people's opinions, it makes the forum a better place for everybody. :)

Aye, I can, because people that share his opinions are the reason why mindless games like World of Warcraft are able to do so well, despite the fact that they have little to no substance to them. This causes the gaming market to shift to cater to mindless gamers, which affects me since I want games with substance and actual gameplay.

I just realized that Kagan sounds like he is from RPG Codex, the anti-establishment forum. They rant on any game of a certain level of popularity, all the while glorifying the games that faded into obscurity.

Kagan, if you aren't a part of that forum, go join, they sound perfect for you. PM me if you are interested and I'll send you a link.

Also, games are different for different people. Just because you like a game doesn't make that game any smarter, you just have different preferences. Also, just because a game is popular doesn't mean its bad. The opposite is true, and I am not talking about sales figures here.

Only an arrogant person thinks he or she is better or smarter than "the masses"

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2006, 03:28:54 pm »
I'm not saying that Kagan is better than all of us, but this came to mind:

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2006, 03:31:35 pm »
762 you said yourself that we should just kill this topic, yea well you are still continuing it. just saying.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2006, 03:32:36 pm »
He said kill the beginning of a Flame War, not the topic. People can still discuss the episode.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2006, 03:48:50 pm »

Back on topic, I really enjoyed this show. Steve playing the DS game, while trying to talk  :D made me laugh so hard.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2006, 03:50:39 pm »
It's nice that the forum members will rally to Steve's defense. He needs to be shown respect in his own forum. However, lets not let this discussion get out of hand and end in a flame war or worse. If someone doesn't like Steve's views, then maybe this isn't the forum for them.

Okay, lets get back on topic about Episode 35 like Mr. Wizard has done. Episode 35 is now available on iTunes. I just downloaded it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 04:37:21 pm by LadyM »