Author Topic: Medieval 2: Total War ??  (Read 23592 times)

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval 2: Total War ??
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 08:31:36 am »
Medieval 2: Total War will be charging its way onto streets in winter 2006

I almost hope Spore will be delayed so I can buy Medieval 2.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2006, 11:19:45 am »
There are some features that I would love to see in a Total War game:

• Your allies not turning on you just because you wouldn't expect it.
  • A system that allows you to make a new faction by giving some territories to it, or reviving an old faction
  • The ability to set a general to auto-invade a faction, and giving that general some territories to start out with
  • A feature that lets you raise multiple units in the same turn, based on the settlement size (A huge city with 30,000 citizens and all upgrades and a small village with 500 citizens and no upgrades will recruit 100 peasants in the same amount of time. That's not right.)
  • The ability to recruit/build in a province that is on automanage (I know you can already, but it's a pain in the ass to take it off, recruit, and then put it back on
  • An improved system of diplomacy, apart from just your allies not listening. Something even better than the good system they have now.
  • When you take an enemy settlement, you can use the buildings they have in place to recruit their types of units (id est, when the Scippii invade Carthage, they can recruit elephants in those provinces.
  • Less rebelliions, or the ability to turn them off. I'm playing this game so I can conquer, not so I can handle domestic problems.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 10:43:38 am »
this game is going to suck because of sega

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2006, 11:07:37 am »

[li]When you take an enemy settlement, you can use the buildings they have in place to recruit their types of units (id est, when the Scippii invade Carthage, they can recruit elephants in those provinces.[/li]

That happened in Medieval 1, I guess it depends. The thing is, the Romans never worked that way in real life, when they moved in to a new territory they either used legionaries trained there or hired mercenaries. In Medival times armies were a little less well organised so they would probably have made use of local troops more.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 08:23:59 pm »
Comes out Tuesday. Anyone else excited?

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline OrdoSanguis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Ahoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 11:19:42 pm »
I am, I have it pre-ordered. From Gamestop it supposedly comes with some special from the History Channel about Crusades, so I got it from them.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2006, 05:41:11 am »
I really can't wait for this game.....I love Medieval I and Rome....although not the 'Unlock factions' Feature- have they done away with that?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Noflunk

• Mystery House Madman
  • Why is his head soooo big?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2006, 07:31:43 am »
No, its still there but you can always go and unlock them by going to  data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder and open descr_strat.txt just like in Rome

Offline OrdoSanguis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Ahoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2006, 09:10:00 am »
Yep, but who really wants to do all that? I'd rather just play the game first  ;)

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2006, 11:45:26 am »
i have it already, being in britain.
Never mind your own business.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2006, 12:25:20 pm »
There is an IGN review:
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/745/745219p1.html

A bit harsh about the UI , but it's all good with the gamesply, music and sound.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline OrdoSanguis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Ahoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2006, 02:54:18 pm »
i have it already, being in britain.
Another reason I hate you.
Just kidding.

The PCG US and UK both gave it Editor's Choice awards, US was 90 and I believe the UK's was 95 or so. Everyone at the forums loves it as well. It's going to be awesome.

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2006, 01:54:51 am »
I have been playing it almost non stop for 2 days now, and its awesome, at first it felt like a 600 pound ballerina, but after turning shadows off the game run like a dream.
I have not experienced a single bug, although there is a bug with armies and movement when archers are involved, but CA is already on that and have promised a day 0 patch for that little glitch, other than that the game runs perfect, and it really does feel fresh again, battles are absolutely gorgeous, the campaign map have had a lot of new strategy added, the city/castle building dilemma is excellent, and is playing a major strategical part in my present campaign.

I started as Denmark with only 1 province and 2 royals, and after I took Hamburg, Stockholm and Oslo, the Pope called for a crusade against Jerusalem, I threw together a ragged band of 8 units, mostly peasants, and joined the crusade, and managed to siege the city just 2 steps ahead of the Venetians, so now Denmark is in the holy land, and being a dane myself, I must admit that seeing the Raven banner in the desert is weird as heck.

I have heard of others who have CTD problems, but I have not experienced it during MANY hours of playing, game is sweet :)

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2006, 04:07:26 am »
The pre-order is sitting on my counter. I can't wait. It's going to be a great game. Yay!

*grunt*  :D
Yes. Of course.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2006, 12:27:42 pm »
i'm asking for it for christmas, because i'm spending all my money on chrismas gifts for other people and unfortunetly my copy of the first one is bust.