Author Topic: a new creature: Land Jellyfish (no actual name yet)  (Read 10155 times)

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: a new creature: Land Jellyfish (no actual name yet)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 07:51:40 am »
A skeleton for a yellyfish  :P That's a new one. I'll just draw the exterior first, OK?

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 08:04:59 am »
Thar' you go smjjames. The main body is a bit flatter than your sketch, but I hope it fits you. If there's anything very wrong, just say and I'll see if I can fix it.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 12:51:17 pm »
technically they aren't even closely related to what would be a jellyfish. thier ancestor would resemble a mollusc with arthropod style legs, while that common ancestor did have a shell (it wasn't made of calcium like earth molluscs use), after they started inhabiting shallow estuaries and swamps that shell shrank in favor of leathery skin with the stinging cells and the shell became structural support.

as for that pic, it could work for the swamplands species, although the mouth is a little out of poportion, but its ok.

I kinda wanted to use 6 or 8 legs for the one I made, but didn't for some reason, probably because it would clutter wierdly. I could just claim the other 3 or 4 are behind those that you do see.

Offline Wahh

• Defender Devotee
  • Dubbed Sigmund Wahh as well as El Cerebro Sucio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 05:23:19 pm »
I should hope the primary god of Morrowind should know about the game.  ;)  Perhaps I should rephrase my statement:  the bull netch are bigger than the others.

This guy's songs are freaking awesome! Just look at that earbean picture as my avatar!
www.songstowearpantsto.com

Offline Ghost

• Galaxian Guru
  • OMGWTFBQQ!! its the 1ee7 train!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 08:47:56 pm »
WHAT??? you make no sensee mon

anyways i like your creature smjjames its cool but wouldnt it get tired holding up its mouth all day?
sugar and spice AND ALOT OF CHILLIE!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 09:00:32 pm »
I think I said earlier it can wrap the trunk around one of its limbs when its walking or just let it rest on the ground when not doing anything. the trunk works in the same way as an elephants trunk, it has the same sort of musculature.