Author Topic: 18 killed in U.S. air strike on village in Pakistan  (Read 9012 times)

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
Re: 18 killed in U.S. air strike on village in Pakistan
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 08:39:00 pm »
U.S. foriegn policy sucks..... our first president tried his best for isolationism but look where we are today.....

the reason we suck so much since WWII is the economic war for oil which drove every foriegn policy since.
we atleast managed to help out Britian, France, and Frm Spanish holdings

a catalog of mistakes is a long list
but atleast "it could be worse" we didn't exterminate a Million people "yet" i hope.
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 08:41:36 pm »
Are you an anarchist?

Do you have anything positive to say about America?

I would make another topic about it but thats a waste of space.

I'm just wondering.  ;)

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 08:46:41 pm »
who me? oh you mean LoreAlmighty ...... atleat he tried to back up his arguement.. and "Anarchist" carries so many negative conotations.. as does "communist" which is what you'd call people a generation ago.

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 08:49:04 pm »
Yeah I was thinking about changing that... "anarchist" is a tad rough... but it was all I could think of.

Still... he seems to carry an Anti-American slant...

Yeah we have made some mistakes and done some really bad things but we have done so many good things for the world too...

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 08:49:26 pm »
i dont see why we all have to be like bush and see everything in right or wrong black and white.  This is the kind of thing we shouild encourage.  Someone has an opinion and they back it up.

We love to pretend america is some saint on the world stage but the truth is america is just as dirty as any other country.

I dont think america is any better or worse than other countries in policy.

look at iraq, to pretend that had something more to do than oil and family revenge is in my opinion daft.  
we have secret prisons, filled with people that have never had a day in court, a patriot act designed to operate outside of the court systems, even the special ones designed for sensitive information.  History will look back on this time in america as a black eye, or at least thats what I think.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 08:51:45 pm »
I am not sure if it is true (I can look it up tomorrow) but I heard that Saddam Hussein's Uncle who raised him sided with the Nazis back in World War II and that most of the problems that we have had over there have been an offshoot from World War II.

Thats what I heard.

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 08:56:11 pm »
Freedom means the right to defend your opinion be it pro or anti- system

I love my country and i respect the armed forces, and if it came to it I'd die to protect every one of my fellow pointy headed citizens, but... i absolutly detest the current government.

bush's great grampapie was supporting those %^*%*% in The Reich but i for one hope they understant that the past is history

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 08:57:23 pm »

I love my country and i respect the armed forces, and if it came to it I'd die to protect every one of my fellow pointy headed citizens, but... i absolutly detest the current government.

bush's great grampapie was supporting those %^*%*% in The Reich but i for one hope they understant that the past is history

I'm sorry, what?  ???
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 09:00:36 pm »
Heh... calm down there buddy!

Granted the current administration has not been the  best but give them some credit. Some pretty horrible things have happened to America while they were in office and they were decisive in their decisions (They may not have been the best decisions) and you have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel.

Still... they could have done things better.

Atleast Kerry didn't win.

;D

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 09:01:49 pm »

I'm sorry, what?  ???

"pointy headed"  down right stupid ignorant dim witted #$%$.....
I might not like a person but i'll defend to the death their rights....

there are 4 people posting at once obviously this hit a cord
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 09:05:15 pm by golgrig »

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 09:13:26 pm »
"pointy headed"  down right stupid ignorant dim witted #$%$.....
I might not like a person but i'll defend to the death their rights....

Oh, ok. Just making sure you aren't an alien.  :)

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2006, 09:21:59 pm »
How would you react if I told you that I'm not from Guildford after all, but from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse?

but thats beside the point... I love every American "Bless their Black hearts and frail minds"
and i know how bad the government could get
so i'm doing my part to make sure we stay alive and semi-democratic

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2006, 09:28:23 pm »
Vivec - a large part of the Bush family fortune was made by selling weapons to Germany before and during WW2.  I'm guessing that's what you were "I'm sorry, what?"ing about.

As for Patman - yeah, 9/11 happened, and the administration thought "holy cow!  we can get away with anything now while the population's terrified!"  Invading Iraq was on the agenda years before they came into power (look up "Project for a New American Century" and check out some of the people who signed it).

Funny how not too long ago, bin Laden and Saddam were buddies of the USA.  Of course, after the first Gulf War, the US established a base or two on "holy ground" in Saudi Arabia...and brought with it indecency (un-veiled women...and soldiers no less!) and moral excess (hollywood, etc) according to strict muslim traditions - which is about when osama seemed to get fed up with his former allies in this country...

Dunno what exactly happened in the first Gulf War, but I'm imagining that perhaps Bush 1 might've sensed the anarchy that would ensue if Saddam were removed from power.  Perhaps I'm just being naive though and they had other reasons for not finishing him off then.

In a very small way, I'm glad Kerry didn't win....cuz now W has to figure out a way to clean up his own mess instead of having someone do it for him.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 09:29:56 pm »
Vivec - a large part of the Bush family fortune was made by selling weapons to Germany before and during WW2.  I'm guessing that's what you were "I'm sorry, what?"ing about.

No, I said that because I didn't know what "pointed headed american citizens" meant.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 09:32:16 pm »
Okay, Lore's as biased as any religious fanatic. Not a bad thing, just pointing it out.  :D Stop creating these threads so you have a place to preach your ideology. Just make a thread directly about it and be done with it! ;)

1. Wow, The U.S. has performed atrocities. Nothing new. What do you want us to do about it? Dissolve the country? Ship ourselves off to some foreign county in chains so we can be punished? The government has different priorities than the people, even in a democracy. During the time when many of those atrocities occurred, it was during the cold war. The U.S used the excuse of the USSR and the "red threat" to do many seriously heinous things. Was it right or even justified? No. The government was terrified of the USSR, needlessly, because the USSR couldn't survive long under its system. U.S planners didn't and couldn't have known that. So we get a bunch of panic decisions, which we are just going to have to clean up. :-\

2. Before that, Racism and Manifest Destiny was the reason behind the yellow journalists own stories, and they made a killing off of sales. Remember, the CIA wasn't formed until 1947, so the government wasn't always all that well informed(not that they're well informed now, mind you, but it is a bit better) about world events.

3. With the communists gone, the U.S had no enemies, well, other than the ones we created. Which naturally resurfaced, and now we are "cleaning up". Unfortunately, the CIA didn't get the memo entitled "USSR Gone! You don't need to create false documents to justify wars any longer!" and the current war happened. Although (and this is pure speculation here) I think that Bush wanted those false documents made because he wanted a reason to go after Iraq, after he already got Afghanistan handed to him by Osama bin Laden.

4. The best way to help the situation is with votes, and to get people voting, even if you don't like either candidate, It has always been my policy to vote for the one who would have affected more lives in a positive way...<.<....>.>... Unfortunately, the Republican conspiracy has been fixing the elections!...<.<...>.>... and Karl Rove is an arse....<.<...>.>...*Ahem* It is my opinion that a larger  percentage of Americans "disagree with" (read as 'hate') Bush's administration, but because of a phenomena known as "social delegation of responsibility" (not exactly the term, but close enough) where in a large group of people, an individual will think, "some one else will do something about it."
And if enough people think that way, nothing gets done.

Katrina was the death nail for Bush, lets just hope we can shake the american people out of their political apathy.