Poll

What allowed the Eosapiens to have such a succesful hunt?

A: The decorative bone necklace the lead female was wearing.
3 (16.7%)
B: The dazzling meteor shower that occured the night before.
4 (22.2%)
C: The wind made the Eosapiens fleet-footed.
3 (16.7%)
D: The unusual dreams the lead female had the night before.
5 (27.8%)
E: The position that the Eosapiens slept in last night.
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Far Beyond the Distant Stars... [A Spore RPG]  (Read 33279 times)

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
Re: Far Beyond the Distant Stars... [A Spore RPG]
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2006, 08:27:55 pm »
Yeah! Now its ten votes for ten! Update for bleepings sake

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2006, 11:18:31 pm »
Update please

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2006, 09:13:43 am »
You don't think we should, like, PM him, do you? Maybe someone else should pick up this story?

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2006, 11:01:42 am »
That reminded me of my idea, at some predetermined point, we all send him two to four PM's  :D

(I'm serious about this, hows about in eight hours from this post?)

What will you do?

Offline nogard

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2006, 01:51:34 pm »
sure. i'll send 3

I got no characters left

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2006, 08:14:18 pm »
Everyone PM him NOW!  ;)

What will you do?

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2006, 12:58:25 pm »
update already.....
there are 19 votes
 :(
Yeah! Now its ten votes for ten! Update for bleepings sake

In case some of you didn't notice, my last update was in early March. After getting no feedback whatsoever, I stopped writing updates (what was the use? There was no interest in it). All of the posts after my update were made more than two months later. So please don't act like I'm being a jerk about the whole thing, I was simply not aware that this thread still exsisted anymore. Of course I will update this now that there seems to be so much interest in it.  :)
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2006, 01:50:21 pm »
A 10 (47.6%)
B 5 (23.8%)
C 5 (23.8%)
D 1 (4.8%)

A (North) wins! I know some of you asked to know what was in each direction, but to make it more realistic, I didn't tell you. After all, would the Canidopids know what was in each direction? ;). If anyone cares to do some drawings of the creatures in this RPG, please do. And name suggestions would be nice too. Also, I know that before I started my own RPG, I always had the desire to influence other people's threads beyond just voting for predetermined options. If you have suggestions for ANYTHING pertaining to this RPG, don't hesitate to PM me or post here. :)

Over time, the annual floods became smaller and smaller. Until one year the flood simply did not occur. This caused a radical shift in the lifecycle of C.Ab.Aq.. The Cabaq no longer had a 'rainy season' behvior, but began habitating along the great rivers in the forest, embracing the water full-time. They hunted other creatures on the shore, and continued to fish quite a bit. This new lifestyle helped the Cabaq to prosper... perhaps too well. Overpopulation in the forest was becoming a problem. Bands of Cabaqs were constantly competing for food and living space. So naturally, many began to migrate away from this ancestral wood.

The 'exiles' traveled north along shores of the great rivers, continuing their fishing lifestyle, but at the same time being a bit more nomadic. In fact, some troupes began spending half of their year hunting the vast herds of Aelti* that lived in the savannahs around the rivers. It was a good life for the exiles. Over the many many years as generations of these nomads made their way further and further north along the great rivers, they began to encounter cold weather. In fact, in some places it actually snowed for parts of the year. The largely equitorial Cabaq was unprepared for this. Many died in the winter time. However, a few Cabaq had a genetic abnormality that helped them. Their scales were thinner, but more multiple and grew in warm layers... they were almost psuedo-feathers. They were also dark scales, (They didn't blend in the snow well, but they attracted heat) These special scales helped the Cabaq retain warmth. Also, a thin layer of insulating 'blubber' was present, that dissapated in springtime. Over time this trait spead to the general Cabaq population in the region.

It was this subspecies of C.Ab.Aq. that was destined to become sapient. Over the generations, this Cabaq began to become more land-based, as it began hunting the Aelti far more. The hunt required an increase in brainpower. This Cabaq became a new species: Canidopus Eosapiens. It was not quite sapient yet, but it was getting there. Eosapiens was beggining to use tools, use Aelti flesh to make tools, and began thinking ahead (Storing dried Aelti meat in special cairns for retrieval later).

One day the hunting-females of an Eosapien tribe were quite successful in their hunt that day. They brought home several meaty Aelti bodies, and they did it with considerable ease. As the Eosapien is not the best of runners (especially compared to the fleet-foot Aelti), this is a very unusual event. To what does the tribe attribute this great fortune?

*Aelti are interesting creatures. They are officially considered bipods, walking upon two muscualr arm/legs with feet that also work as hands. When it is maniuplating something, an Aelto sits back on its muscular tail. If it must move very quickly, it uses an akward (yet effective) three-'limbed' dash. The Aelti produces very tasty meat, and the hides of these creatures leather well.

What allowed the Eosapiens to have such a succesful hunt?
A: The decorative bone necklace the lead female was wearing.
B: The dazzling meteor shower that occured the night before.
C: The wind made the Eosapiens fleet-footed.
D: The unusual dreams the lead female had the night before.
E: The position that the Eosapiens slept in last night.
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2006, 01:56:27 pm »
Genius, pure genius! (Annoying because of the wait, but briliant.) I personaly vote B., or I would if you would clear the polls. I'd like a little astrology for a change again period.

Edit: As soon as I post...

What will you do?