Author Topic: Episode 6 Posted  (Read 4237 times)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Episode 6 Posted
« on: March 31, 2005, 04:00:25 pm »
Hey all, the latest episode of Gaming Steve has been posted to the main site. Check it out!

Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6 Posted
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 04:04:56 pm »
*checks it out*

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 05:01:54 pm »
Yay. I think Thursday is becoming my favorite day of the week.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline BlueRay

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 08:10:02 pm »
Great stuff Steve, interesting how the PS3 is shaping out. That podcast was one of 2 things that I liked. It was Qaulity that was in alot of Qaunity, and thats worth 76mins of my time any day  :) Great podcast, fantastically orchestrated.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 04:46:29 am »
when I was searching a bunch of podcast sources, I realised you have to sort through alot of crap to find the decent stuff, and here it is a professional, quality podcast.

about the next gen consoles:
i wish the console developers would hold off these machine for at least two more years, the current machines still have heaps of potenital!
im sure they are making the best of the latest and greatest technology available, but if you bring out a brand new generation of consoles every few years it totally puts a damper on the gaming market (as opposed to the console market)

the way I see it is I can recall a number of titles from older machines (that lasted longer than the new ones) that I totally loved and played over many times, but I cant really think of any newer games for xbox or ps2 that give me the same satisfaction, sure they are amazing games and fun to play, but to me, they dont have that lasting effect - why? because the sequel or something better is being released next month.

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 05:17:29 pm »
Just finished podcast 6 and I have to say it was great. I did end up pausing the feed a couple times, because I thought the sirens might be from a neighboring street. But that's ok, they helped me decide that my speakers are pretty good quality afterall! ;D I am impressed you actually do these podcasts in a real recording studio, as opposed to a random room in your house/apartment (as I would probably do ;)).

I liked the part about PS3 and XBox 360. It almost sounds to me like Sony and Microsoft are going to switch places in the next gaming cycle, in that now the PS3 is probably going to be the head honcho with the highest specs, whereas the XBox 360 seems like more of a compromise and a learn-from-our-mistakes kind of system.

Also, is Eidos really that big of a studio? I always got the impression they were fighting for air in the crowded market. I mean, as cool as some of their game ideas are, everything they produce merely seems to be a rehash of the same old gimmick, such as the Tomb Raider or Commandos series.

Again, excellent podcast as always!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 05:24:36 pm by Zealousy »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline UndeadScottsman

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 07:58:52 pm »
Great Podcast, although I want to comment on the "Revolution will have a touchscreen" comment.  I was pretty sure I remembered Nintendo saying this wasn't so, and was eventually directed to this comment from the Revolution FAQ at N-sider.

Q: Will Revolution feature screens on the console or the controller?

Fact: No. At a June 2004 analyst briefing in Japan, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said, "We have no intention of making a two screen console akin to the [Nintendo] DS."

Offline Mr.Heat

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 03:31:21 am »
Great Podcast Steve, As Usual! ;D

Heat

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 03:40:42 am »
Wow, so you're saying there may be hope for the new Nintendo console?
It gives me hope for the future. I wonder if Nintendo will catch onto the "all in one" system design. It seems to sell quite well.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 08:43:47 pm »
Personally I don't WANT an "all-in-one" game system. I think Nintendo made a good choice on not including a DVD player in the GCN.

*hears gasps*

Sure, and I bet lots of people agree with me. When they include a sub-par DVD player in a system, and jack up a price, basically they are making you buy THEIR DVD player. What about people who might want to buy a really nice seperate DVD player? Well, they've already payed an extra $20-$30 for one on something they want to use to play games, not watch DVDs on. And besides, the price of DVD players is negligible these days. They aren't giving you some sort of super deal or anything.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 12:21:53 am »
Personally I don't WANT an "all-in-one" game system. I think Nintendo made a good choice on not including a DVD player in the GCN.

*hears gasps*

Sure, and I bet lots of people agree with me. When they include a sub-par DVD player in a system, and jack up a price, basically they are making you buy THEIR DVD player. What about people who might want to buy a really nice seperate DVD player? Well, they've already payed an extra $20-$30 for one on something they want to use to play games, not watch DVDs on. And besides, the price of DVD players is negligible these days. They aren't giving you some sort of super deal or anything.

I agree with you there, several times Ive had dvds fail to work on my xbox, if i try it in my panasonic dvd player or samsung dvd-rom drive, they work fine.
mind you, I know of 3 different types of xbox dvd drives, theres the samsung, panasonic and I think phillips is the other type.