Author Topic: 360 issues  (Read 2149 times)

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
360 issues
« on: January 13, 2006, 06:32:12 pm »
I've been trying to play Halo 2 on Live on my 360 and it's not working.  Since I don't have any 360 games yet :( I really want to play Halo 2.  When I try to join a game it says I need to download the latest maps, so when I try to download them it plays a little sound like I already downloaded it or something and it won't work. :( Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: 360 issues
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:45:11 pm »
Does your 360 have a hard drive? You need one to play original Xbox games.

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 12:24:24 am »
Does your 360 have a hard drive? You need one to play original Xbox games.

Yes, I've played Halo 2 single player, but I can't download the multiplayer maps for some reason :(

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 09:52:36 am »
I read in OXM that only 3-5 percent of the 360s had problems, and only the ones that were made in September. 3-5 percent is supposedly within the acceptible error limits for consumer electronics, but the problems probably got so much attention because it's the freakin' 360. People waited for a year to get one, then when they did and it didn't work, they wrote about it in their little blog and it became this huge issue.

The problem is also that some people thought it would be a good idea to move the console with a disc in there spinning at 5000 RPM. Brilliant.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 09:13:31 pm »
I read in OXM that only 3-5 percent of the 360s had problems, and only the ones that were made in September. 3-5 percent is supposedly within the acceptible error limits for consumer electronics, but the problems probably got so much attention because it's the freakin' 360. People waited for a year to get one, then when they did and it didn't work, they wrote about it in their little blog and it became this huge issue.

The problem is also that some people thought it would be a good idea to move the console with a disc in there spinning at 5000 RPM. Brilliant.

I don't think there's a problem with my hardware, I've had no problems except this.  I got mine on the first so I doubt it was made in September.  I tried updating to the most recent back compat version (1.2) and still no lucky :(