Author Topic: BBC 3 bashes nintendo  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: BBC 3 bashes nintendo
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 07:54:13 pm »
NO we dont, but I am not making up terminology here, their called video games  because they are played on televisions. Computer games need a computer monitor. the general term that refer's to both is electronic game.

Nobody calls video games "electronic games". C'mon, you know what she meant. Computer games are video games, and vice versa. It sounds really nerdy to complain about such a minor issue.

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 08:26:59 pm »
If this is all based on real life information, how can it be biased?

Def. of "biased" = http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=biased

here's an example:
"The a-country is occupying b-country" = unbiased statement (unless a-country sudenly broke out and started killing evryone!  :-\)
"The a-country is plauging b-country"    = biased statement

well, not perfect, but you get the idea pretty well.
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 08:29:03 pm »
NO we dont, but I am not making up terminology here, their called video games  because they are played on televisions. Computer games need a computer monitor. the general term that refer's to both is electronic game.

Nobody calls video games "electronic games". C'mon, you know what she meant. Computer games are video games, and vice versa. It sounds really nerdy to complain about such a minor issue.

I guess, but this has been neaten into my head by my Gaming History teacher(who is really nerdy) that it is difficult ot get it out of my head.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 08:34:49 pm »
Those of us in the know call TV games "Video games," games on the computer "Computer games," and the collective term is "games."

The word "games" is interesting because it can sound so 1337 and so childish at the same time. Video games are 1337, but when you say, "Hey Jimmy, let's play 53 skidoo! That's a fun game!" it sounds immature.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 10:46:25 pm »
I just call them all video games to make it more simple. I mean, I never really call my Gamecube a Gamecube, I just call it the Nintendo.