Author Topic: My Creature - Halakesh  (Read 5062 times)

Offline Deilands

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • "Are we all just genomes in a database?"
    • View Profile
    • My own personal Blog.
My Creature - Halakesh
« on: January 13, 2006, 09:45:38 am »
For all of you aspiring generous artists out there.

I am a writer and not an artist, although I do paint with words. This is my creature in words, if any artist would like to draw this, I would be highly apprecitative.

Standing at a stout five feet, the Halakesh is shorter than most men. It is, in truth, shorter than many creatures of it's calibur. Its body does not help give the Halakesh much in the way of heigth. It normally hunches forward, its large chest covered by a short cropped, coarse fur. It stands erect, supported by two muscular legs, knees inverted, covered by the same fur which extends to tufts right above its talon like feet - three claws crooked downward give a dexterity not normally provided to these appendages. Its arms are four in number. Those that are the highest on the body are muscular with use, and have hands resembling that of an ape - including opposible thumbs. Its lower two arms look almost vestigial. They are shorter and thinner than the other, and its hands look to have stopped evolving somewhere past, remaining like pinchers more than hands. Its most striking features are two massive wings attached to its furred back, resembling those of a dragon or a bat, thin skin stretched in a painful way across lines of bone and cartilage.

Its head is porportioned well to its body and consists of a large eagle like beak beneath three large black eyes. These are positioned in such a way to give the Halakesh a 180 degree view of its surroundings, two on either side of its head and one in front.

Ok, the last bit was a rush, gotta do some work.

Dei.

"The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway."  -Bernard Avishai

Offline Sparr

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: My Creature - Halakesh
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 11:59:36 am »
I wasn't sure how you wanted completely inverted knees, so I just did 'normal' inverted knees.

Offline Deilands

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • My own personal Blog.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 12:13:45 pm »
::gasps::

Wonderful Work. .

The inverted legs are like Hydro's actually. .notice how the knees are bent backwards instead of forwards?

anyways, this is beautiful regardless.

-Dei

« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 12:18:59 pm by Deilands »
"The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway."  -Bernard Avishai

Offline Sparr

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 12:28:39 pm »
His main knee on the Naucean still bends fowards, its just tiny.  Most 'backwards' knees are just higher foot bones.

Offline Deilands

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • My own personal Blog.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 12:40:48 pm »
Ahh. .

Well I like this regardless. I'm adjusting the proportions just a wee bit to limit his size for the scale image thing. .but this is great work. Thank you very very very much.

Dei.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 03:36:51 pm »
It looks really good! Great job!

Offline Jolo99

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 06:15:36 pm »
Great Job! I'm sure it will haunt my dreams for weeks to come.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 03:20:43 am »
Well, your avatar is pretty creepy as well...