Author Topic: Arrested Development.  (Read 5598 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Arrested Development.
« on: January 11, 2006, 12:31:12 pm »
Who here watches this show? There hs to be some more AD fans out there...

BTW, if you have seen some episodes and didn't like it, don't post here. Unless you follow the series starting at season 1 you miss countless "inside jokes" in an episode. That's it's biggest downfall people have to keep watching it to keep up with the laughs, and that doesn't cater to TV audiences with the attention span of a five year old.

My karma ran over your dogma

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
Re: Arrested Development.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 10:44:13 pm »
Watched it, loved it. One of the best shows I'll ever see. too bad that they're going off the air. It's comedy at a whole nother level :'(
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 11:39:15 pm »
It and Scrubs have ruined sitcoms for me.  The sound of a laugh track just tears through my brain.  Luckily we have the American Office and My Name is Earl which also stay far away from the standard three camera, two set sit com format.  Arrested Development is incredibly in jokey but I still love it.  I haven't been able to watch nearly as much of this season as I would like but I own the first two on DVD and they make my heart sing out with joy.  I still love how every time they win an award they thank people and then yell at them for not watching the show thus leading to their impeding cancellation. Sigh.  So much incest. -leeman

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 12:01:15 am »
Well in happier news Showtimes and ABC have both sat down with fox making offers to buy the rights. And AD does have amazing sales, which might make it pull a Family Guy where they bring it back because of the DVD sales. I'm desperately hanging onto those.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 05:36:39 am »
Watch it quite consistantly actually. I love it, and I should be getting first season on DVD pretty soon.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 09:12:31 pm »
"Our marriage is falling apart.  I'm not going to blame it on 9/11, but it certainly didn't help"

"What the hell was that?"

"There's a colored man in my house?" "Colored?" "Yes!  Blue!"

"Yes I'm still in the army, mother.  These are my medals.  An elephant for courage and a seal for marksmanship.  You'll also be happy to know that I've joined a special team known as the hero squad"

"Today is your fathers birthday, Buster.  Which... also... happens to be...  MY BIRTHDAY."

"That's no landscape.  It's balls.  It's kinda blurry but it's balls."

"I'd kiss that guys ass between the cheeks"
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 08:50:46 pm »
I loooove AD; i got both seasons for Christmas! ;D

when I heard it might be canceled, I sent a strongly-worded letter to Fox telling them just how i felt...

When the man inside of me is finally out, I can walk free of pain...
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 08:05:44 pm »
Well in any case they just aired Fox's last episode of the show. Seriously, Who's running that network nowadays. They cancel great shows but approve Skating with Celebreties? Yeesh. Is it just me or did the writers manage to fit almost every single plotline of the past three seasons of arrested development into the last 5 minutes. Anyang, Oscar Bluth, Ann, The "Hot Cops", The Seal thing, The families whole law problems, The company itself, etc... well execpt the maid and buster's whole thing... Oh how funny it was. Who knows, Maybe the talks with ABC or Showtime will stand solid for a pick up on their.

My favorite lines fron the final episode:
"I kind of like skating with Celebreties"-Buster
"I don't really see it as a series. Maybe as a Movie..."-Tom Arnold
"...And That Fossels were buried by the jews in 1927"- Ann's father

I just cracked up at all those lines. Maybe ABC will pick it up, It'll become a ratings hit and Fox will kick themselves for being stupid enough to cancel so many great shows. (Way too many to list but some are already in the canceled too soon thread.) Seriously They even are trying to kill the show, They put these episodes on against opening ceremonies the olympics! THE OLYMPICS! It just goes to show, If you let TV company's be run by people who don't care about good shows, They'll cancel it all.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 09:56:38 pm »
those were the greatest two hours of my life
poor AD  :'(
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 01:03:44 pm »
I loooove AD; i got both seasons for Christmas!  ;D

when I heard it might be canceled, I sent a strongly-worded letter to Fox telling them just how i felt...

When the man inside of me is finally out, I can walk free of pain...
I'd probably get rid of four fingers from that hand.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 04:20:08 pm »
Why? Just why? Soon AD will be on again. i know it. No doubt about it. It has that special spark of comedy that no other show  has ever had thats sort of like The office but to cancel one of the greatest show in the history of television after only for a few seasons, now thats messed up. Seinfield had that same spark staying on air for (im not sure) 10 or so years? that should have been with this show.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 09:12:55 am »
I think that Fox must have this weird Byzantine style business plan where all the different offices battle against each other for dominance.  One office is greenlighting and producing great shows and another is trying to kill them as quickly as possible and put on back to back episodes of Prison Break.  It's the only explanation.  My guess is that the higher ups amuse themselves by placing bets on who will win and which episodes will last longer.  ::shudders:: -leeman

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 11:37:20 am »
I think that Fox must have this weird Byzantine style business plan where all the different offices battle against each other for dominance. One office is greenlighting and producing great shows and another is trying to kill them as quickly as possible and put on back to back episodes of Prison Break. It's the only explanation. My guess is that the higher ups amuse themselves by placing bets on who will win and which episodes will last longer. ::shudders:: -leeman

What's wrong with Prison Break?
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 09:05:16 pm »
I think the point he was trying to make is instead of having back to back episodes you could put in another show or 2 half hour shows.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 04:00:43 pm by Interitus »

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 11:45:34 pm »
we had arrested development here in australia as well, and yes, they cancelled it here and then i think it was put on at 12 am at night sometime...it was a funny show and i did like it...
Under construction