Author Topic: Voicemail Guideline.  (Read 7958 times)

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail Guideline.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 08:12:49 am »
I thought they all sounded really good and natural. I think all the questions sent so far have been really great quality and I would rather that they send questions which are spoken clearly and well rather than someone just mumbling into the mic.

Heh, i actually sent one recently just before you put up the "ask Oblivion questions" topic... about Oblivion believe it or not.  I doubt that'll get played as a result, so just a quick question about future ones that i might send you Steve:  Do they have to be in a certain format, because mine ended up being quite a big file and i just did it in sound recorder?  Just out of curiosity, cheers.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 12:24:27 pm »
Slightly related: When are we gonna get to hear a voicepost from LadyM? ;)

That sounds slightly suspicious to me...

Haha.. I just saw this. If I can ever think of a question I might. ;)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 10:33:41 pm »
I would say that your question should be no longer than 60 seconds in total and make sure to save them as either MP3 or WAV format as those work the best. Also try not to speak to close to the mic otherwise I hear your breath into the mic -- try saying the letter "p" into the mic, if you hear a "popping" sound then you are too close.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 08:11:34 am »
I found a great loop hole you can use. You just need this thing:

All you do is go into speech on the control panel. That will pop up a little thing that is to help blind people.  It has a test, so you type in what you want to say. Plug one end of the cord into the speaker port, and the other into the microphone port. Then you just hit record with some program. And bam, Robot voice man will talk for you, and Steve will answer your question

*talking fast* Product does not grantee success. Side effects includes head ach, vomiting, Steve hating you, and loss of sex drive /sarcasm  ::) :P