Author Topic: Who's being casted for Halo?  (Read 9165 times)

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Who's being casted for Halo?
« on: January 09, 2006, 04:40:58 pm »
Just kidding, I don't know... but here's who I'd like to see:

Peter Jackson-Writer/Producer/Director

Robert Rodreguiez-Special Effects Director

Christian Bale (or maybe David Hayter)-Master Chief

Carrie-Ann Moss-Cortana

Steve Buscemi-Voice of all the Grunts

Andy Serkins-Voice of other Covenant and motion capture for covenant elite

David Cross-Marine

I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Re: Who's being casted for Halo?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 05:56:52 pm »
I don't remember everyone, but Vin Diesel will be Master Chief (At least according to OXM).

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 08:57:16 pm »
Bleah... I don't like him, I don't know why. He's going to make it seem like the Master Chief is invincible, whereas he is struggling against the numbers.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 01:30:14 am »
According to IMDB no one has been cast for MAster Chief yet, I even looked at all the news they've posted about the movie and they never mention Vin Diesel. But I have heard that rumour too, still I think it's only a rumour. 
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 11:43:02 am »
They should just get every actor that's spawned a meme in there.

Sean Connery as Master Chief, Mr. T as that captain guy, and Patrick Stewart as that other captain guy. And then William Shatner as a soldier, and Ricardo Montalban as an Elite.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 10:49:47 am »
I wonder if they wil even show Master Cheif's face. Or maybe just to please the adduiences they will after the credits or something.

I personally despise the idea of Vin Diesel being in any potential good movie.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 12:08:31 pm »
he was in pitch black, that was a good movie, shame he was in Riddick as well. :P.

They should get Christian Bale to play master chief... for some reason.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 12:27:32 pm »
I'm actually leaning more toward David Hayter, the excellent voice actor for solid snake in MGS
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 12:29:38 pm »

THAT IS NOT THE FACE OF MASTER CHIEF!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 11:20:53 am by 762 »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 12:39:21 pm »
No, I doubt he is a white square with a red x in it. Although who can tell, under that helmet of his.

Offline Ghost

• Galaxian Guru
  • OMGWTFBQQ!! its the 1ee7 train!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 07:47:43 pm »
lol same for me i dont think a rex X is a face

but i think if they get someone to be a actor in halo the movie they should at least play the game or know th e story
sugar and spice AND ALOT OF CHILLIE!

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 06:32:19 am »

but i think if they get someone to be a actor in halo the movie they should at least play the game or know th e story

Yeah but will a pimply-face 14 year old really look like Master Chief?  :) :) :)

-Lego

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 07:54:38 am »
All I know is that I want Uwe Ball to make an guest appearance as Marine Being Horribly Slaughter By Big Evil Alien Thingy.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 01:01:11 pm »
i personally wouldn't really want to see MC's face. Does it matter what he looks like? it's kinda like a rose if called by any other name still smelling as sweet.  MC with any other face would still be the same... However, Vin Diesel would be a horrible choice for MC. I can't stand his arrogant style. His voice also grates on my nerves. So maybe if we never see his face, and he never says anything, then it'd be OK to cast Vin as MC.

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 11:37:25 pm »

Yeah but will a pimply-face 14 year old really look like Master Chief? :) :) :)

-Lego

Or an annoying 12 year old brat who screams over the mic? lol

Offline Sudoh Kyoichi

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Super Mario 64
    • View Profile
    • Sudoh Kyoichi
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 10:19:31 pm »
It just wouldn't be right to have a different voice for the Master Chief.

gec05

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 10:00:08 am »
I think the Rock is going to be Master Cheif. I remember seeing it in an article somewhere in IGN. Maybe not an official cast member but one of the producers top picks to play the part.

Offline Stryke

• Fire Truck Driver
  • That guy from Britain...
    • View Profile
    • Community HQ
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 05:22:43 pm »
Personally i'd rather a 'not so well known actor' to be casted as the Master Chief... or even better, just stick some guy in the MC suit, never see his face, and get Steve Downes to do the voice over. ;)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 11:16:51 pm »
According to the leaked script, his skin is supposed to be very pale white as he almost always wears the suit.  As much as I love the Rock, I really don't think he'd fit very well into this role.  And he tends to be more of a comic like action hero, like Arnold Schwarzenegger.  I'm not sure how seriously people would take the movie with the Rock in it.

I actually think Vin Diseal would work quite well..  but I'm not sure how seriously people would take the movie with him in it.  ::)

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 10:18:51 am »
According to the leaked script, his skin is supposed to be very pale white as he almost always wears the suit. As much as I love the Rock, I really don't think he'd fit very well into this role. And he tends to be more of a comic like action hero, like Arnold Schwarzenegger. I'm not sure how seriously people would take the movie with the Rock in it.

I actually think Vin Diseal would work quite well.. but I'm not sure how seriously people would take the movie with him in it. ::)

And we would take a movie with The Rock in it more seriously?

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 10:24:54 am »
...comic like action hero, like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Terminator, Predator, anyone? Ok, Arnold has starred in some comedies, but in my heart he is the brutest of them all.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 10:29:53 am »
...comic like action hero, like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Terminator, Predator, anyone? Ok, Arnold has starred in some comedies, but in my heart he is the brutest of them all.

Kindergarten Cop, Last Action Hero, Hercules in New York, anyone?

Okay, anyone who hasn't seen Hercules in New York has to! It is hilarious. His voice was dubbed because no one thought that anyone would understand what this body-builder would be saying. Little did they know that his accent is one of the most famous.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 11:24:53 am »
a) Master Chief's face should never be seen.
b) The same voice-actor from the games should do the voice for him.
c) I don't see why that would be changed if Peter Jackson really is such a huge fan of the games.

Offline Skraeling

• Akalabeth Addict
  • My what big teeth I have.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 02:05:46 pm »
yea just get the voice actor, who cares who is in the suit.

No, really.  I am a card carrying scientist.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 12:05:44 am »
Besides (I havent played Halo, but...) I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Master Chief isnt particularly exceptional physically. The Rock and Vin Diesel seem a little too bulging to fit in that suit.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 12:42:58 am »
c) I don't see why that would be changed if Peter Jackson really is such a huge fan of the games.

It's like the Lord of the Rings.  The hardcore fans will always complain, but some changes HAVE to be made to turn it into a movie.  For example, having Frodo as a 50 year old man, was just a horrible idea.  Could you imagine him being that old in the movie?  In the same way, having a movie where you never really get to see, hear, or even really get to know much about the main character just wouldn't work very well.

According to the leaked script, his skin is supposed to be very pale white as he almost always wears the suit.  As much as I love the Rock, I really don't think he'd fit very well into this role.  And he tends to be more of a comic like action hero, like Arnold Schwarzenegger.  I'm not sure how seriously people would take the movie with the Rock in it.

I actually think Vin Diseal would work quite well..  but I'm not sure how seriously people would take the movie with him in it.  ::)

And we would take a movie with The Rock in it more seriously?

I did say I don't think people would take the Rock very seriously.  But I see him more like someone like Schwarzenegger, he can do pretty good comedy, but he can also be taken seriously, if he wants to.  Where as Vin Diesel is.. well, Vin Diesel.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2006, 11:08:34 am »

It's like the Lord of the Rings. The hardcore fans will always complain, but some changes HAVE to be made to turn it into a movie. For example, having Frodo as a 50 year old man, was just a horrible idea. Could you imagine him being that old in the movie? In the same way, having a movie where you never really get to see, hear, or even really get to know much about the main character just wouldn't work very well.

This is the point in the conversation where, if I were a particularly internet adept person, I would place a picture of V from V for Vendetta right about here. If it worked in that film, I fail to see why it shouldn't work with Master Chief. You needn't see a face to understand who a person is. Gaiman and McKean's film MIRRORMASK also dealt with this concept a bit: Does wearing a mask make emotional attachment impossible or heighten it in some way?

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 11:18:31 am »

It's like the Lord of the Rings.  The hardcore fans will always complain, but some changes HAVE to be made to turn it into a movie.  For example, having Frodo as a 50 year old man, was just a horrible idea.  Could you imagine him being that old in the movie?  In the same way, having a movie where you never really get to see, hear, or even really get to know much about the main character just wouldn't work very well.

This is the point in the conversation where, if I were a particularly internet adept person, I would place a picture of V from V for Vendetta right about here. If it worked in that film, I fail to see why it shouldn't work with Master Chief. You needn't see a face to understand who a person is. Gaiman and McKean's film MIRRORMASK also dealt with this concept a bit: Does wearing a mask make emotional attachment impossible or heighten it in some way?

No they don't need to show a face to show emotion. Anyone who watched V for Vendetta would know that, as you said. But I think we all know that they will show his face in this movie. They shouldn't, but they will. Movies aren't made for gamers, they made for everyone. We are not the majority of movie-goers. And everyone will want to see his face. I was exstatic that they never showed V's face, but I think they will show Master Chief's...especially if he is the original voice-actor.

BTW, Mirrormask was fantastic! Loved it.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 11:38:06 am »

It's like the Lord of the Rings. The hardcore fans will always complain, but some changes HAVE to be made to turn it into a movie. For example, having Frodo as a 50 year old man, was just a horrible idea. Could you imagine him being that old in the movie? In the same way, having a movie where you never really get to see, hear, or even really get to know much about the main character just wouldn't work very well.

No they don't need to show a face to show emotion. Anyone who watched V for Vendetta would know that, as you said. But I think we all know that they will show his face in this movie. They shouldn't, but they will. Movies aren't made for gamers, they made for everyone. We are not the majority of movie-goers. And everyone will want to see his face. I was exstatic that they never showed V's face, but I think they will show Master Chief's...especially if he is the original voice-actor.

BTW, Mirrormask was fantastic! Loved it.

Yes, Mirrormask was godly. I am thrilled the Jim Henson Company let McKean have free reign over that flick. Absolutely astounding. And maybe you're right, maybe they will show Master Chief's face. But then, movies aren't made for Alan Moore fanboys either and they didn't show V's face. And the relative success of V for Vendetta and how absolutely powerful V's portrayal was gives me hope that Jackson and Co. will see that and give it a shot. I'm not a huge Halo fan; I think it's good but I don't swear by it like many seem to. But I do feel like the game should be respected enough to do it properly, rather than putting [insert name of talentless actor] in the suit and have him without the mask most of the time. In fact, if they do that, I think the movie will bomb -- why take the chance of having bad acting when you can make the main character stand out by not revealing his face? The mystery of identity is one of the most addictive elements to V's character and I think it works similarly (though not the exact same symbolically) in Master Chief's case.

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 08:52:16 pm »
if i were going to show master chief's face, i would do it ONLY in flashback.  it would actually be the ideal way if we're to flesh out his personality.  for example MC could be sitting in a pelican, the seat shaking as the dropship enters an atmosphere.. flash to Vin Diesel sitting on a bench talking to another spartan.  it's not a deep personal conversation or anything, but you can tell that they've known one another for a long time and there's a connection between them.  it's revealed that this conversation happened about half an hour before the covenant fleet arrived to turn Reach's inhabited areas into a million miles of hot shattered glass.  it's not high drama or anything, but it gets you feeling for the character.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 11:14:31 pm »
Besides (I havent played Halo, but...) I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Master Chief isnt particularly exceptional physically. The Rock and Vin Diesel seem a little too bulging to fit in that suit.

wha? does that mean you think he's a bit tubby or skinny of something lol? He's able to move himself In his suit which all together ways roughly half a ton, he can push huge blocks of granite and stuff that weigh about a ton, so If you meant something other than...wa? I forgot

Otherwise for the movie I could Just Imagine Samuel L. Jackson playing SGT Johnson, I mean think about the end of Halo2 when Sgt Johnson goes, "Please...Don't shake the lightbulb" LMAO Can't you Just see him doing that, although will smith Is one of my fav actors I Just really can't see him doing a Johnson.

As for the Cheif I'm not to sure, I deffinatly think It should be a voice over I mean all the voices should be, It Just wont be the same with the voices diffirent especially the cheifs.

Finally we might get to see some good aliens on a film, I hate the fact In most Sci-Fi's how they look Identical to humans.

Offline Talkc

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Oh YEAAAAAAAH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 11:54:42 pm »
I can not for the life of me see Will Smith in Sgt. Johnson's part. I would poop a brick if he was in it.

Samuel L. Jackson doesnt seem right for it either. Not gruff enough. They should bring in someone , maybe not well known, but who fits the part.

And Cortana better not be anything but digitally rendered with Jen Taylor doing the voice. Same with Master Chief. No showing his face. Just Steve Downes as the voice.

And they better get the Elites done right.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2006, 07:51:30 pm »
Exactly...OR WE'LL SLICE THEIR THROATS!!! *pulls out machetie* LEZ ROLL!