Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 17806 times)

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 03:31:46 pm »
Anyone else see the latest episode... kind of dissipointing, atleast "thousands of cylons Died!"
and from the previews the shows not done with suprises yet...
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Flayum

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Indoles Est Meus Mucro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 04:09:35 pm »
Although the latest episode, Resurrection Ship Pt. 2, wasn't as good as the last few, if was still excellent. For me, what really pushes the show over the top (10/10 vs. 9/10) is the music. I don't think this episode used music to it's fullest potential. I also think they could have concentrated a bit more on the battle. It seemed underplayed in significance. Overall, this episode was more of a transition episode: Cain dead, Baltar not insane, and Lee becomming suicidal.
Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 04:39:43 pm »
i disagree on the music especially the music used in the baltar scene, his acting was really good and it pushed the story when Cain died...... hope her XO does better as a captain under Admiral Adama...... does this mean Starbuck gets promoted ?
cant wait to see how the hybrid Abortion ends or if the Cylons retaliate
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 10:38:37 am »
Is this the same Time magazine that called Dubyah the person of the year? ;)

Well, their criteria was the person who had the most impact, good or bad....and I guess anybody who can do the jedi mind trick on 51 million people would qualify...

Back on topic though - I watch almost no TV anymore.  In fact, if it weren't for the 1 or 2 episodes of the Daily show and Colbert Report I watch per month (and the Boondocks, if I ever remembered to tune in), I'd probably cancel cable. 
I finally bought the season 1 DVD set based in large part on this thread. I watched the first episode last night....and I believe I can sum up my feelings in one word:

WOW!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 10:41:12 am by T-BirD »

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 02:35:45 pm »
I do find that first episode really good and it just keeps getting better.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 03:29:12 am »
Lord Janos since you say that you can get the series for 17.99 I'm assuming you are in the UK ?

You should check out play.com, they have the mini series for 9.99 with free delivery.
I just got it last week, after searching desperately for something to fill the void left by Firefly.
It is well worth it,and if the series only keeps gettng better after the mini series, all I can say is WOW!.

Offline 5pectre

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Eurocorp Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 03:37:19 am »

Personally, I'd rate Battlestar as the best sci-fi show of the 2000s. **** all the other ones.
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 04:19:52 am »
It starts in germany tonight, so I can finally see it.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 05:13:03 am »
In the Netherlands Battlestar Galactica is on TV a few months now, and i really don't like it. It looks like the camera is shaking all over the place, it's really annoying. Also the story is to slow. But this is my opinion.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 11:22:13 am »
The show just started, seems good so far.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 02:23:23 pm »
watching the miniseries?
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 02:54:00 pm »
I just polished off the entire Season 2.0 dvd in one sitting...and I feel dirty.

I think I have a new favorite show.

I feel like I'm cheating on Deep Space 9.  Babylon 5.  and even Firefly.

This is one of the most amazing things I've ever watched.  Thank you to the posters in this thread for their enthusiasm which had finally convinced me to check this masterpiece out.

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2006, 08:13:42 pm »
Wow I did not expect for a main character to be killed off like that in this last episode.  It seemed like they were setting the character up for a more important role then bam.  I guess thats why they called it sacrifice.  :'(
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Flayum

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Indoles Est Meus Mucro
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 02:33:18 pm »
-Spoiler-
I can't believe they killed Billy!
-/Spoiler-

Another great BSG episode. The drama of this show is just amazing. I really like the Sharon/Adama storyline dynamics. It's this kind of philosophical aspect that elevates it from regular Sci-Fi.

(Thanks 762 for the spoiler help...)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 06:36:13 pm by Flayum »
Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Offline 5pectre

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Eurocorp Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 09:55:12 pm »
-Spoiler-
I can't believe they killed Billy!
-/Spoiler-

Another great BSG episode. The drama of this show is just amazing. I really like the Sharon/Adama storyline dynamics. It's this kind of philosophical aspect that elevates it from regular Sci-Fi.

Damn it, next time you write a spoiler make sure it's in the same colour as the background! I could still clearly see the text. Thanks a lot.
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot