Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 18115 times)

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2006, 12:42:19 am »
It starts in germany tonight, so I can finally see it.

Aren't you from Denmark?

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2006, 09:07:37 am »
Alright, I just saw the season 3 premiere, and I'm still enthralled by this show.  They did quite a few things I didn't expect them to, and the paralells drawn between what's going on in the new show and a certain present-day conflict are quite daring.

The lines of "who is right" and "who is wrong" are so blurry, that they're often impossible to make out.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 09:09:13 am by T-BirD »

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2006, 11:36:32 am »
It starts in germany tonight, so I can finally see it.

Aren't you from Denmark?

Sorry it took so long, didn't see you're post.

Yes I am, but I speak fluent German.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2006, 08:12:59 pm »
Actually it seems like the show is going the wrong direction.  First they have that cheezey bit with Baltar as a wastrel president (a common theme in bad fiction) and now they're changing the whole dynamic of the show.  It's like they're jumping the shark when the show is still popular.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2006, 08:03:09 pm »
Well the whole occupation is just a story arc (an awsome one).  It is obvious they are taking the show back soon to the search for earth and the rag tag fleet.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2006, 04:57:09 am »
One would think so, but they also changed the show intro, which is generally done once a season at most (hint hint)
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2007, 01:50:17 pm »
So is anyone here still following the show? I for one am and I'm excited about seeing how the third season will end!

This season has had some great and some horrible moments, but I can't help but look forward to the cliffhanger..

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2007, 02:06:09 pm »
Meh, I stopped watching when they switched to Sundays.  It's still a good show, but I just can't catch it those nights.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2007, 03:03:04 pm »
Did you stop watching altogether or just on that day? Because I think there are reruns on a different day of the week as well.. Plus, there's legal and not-that-legal downloading as well.. ;)

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2007, 07:07:20 pm »
So in this latest episode they killed off a major character.  I am assuming the character was the Cylon in hiding we were promised.  What do you all who are still following the show think?
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Rendition

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • FirstAdopter.com
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2007, 06:36:08 pm »
This season 3 is soooo bad compared to the first 2 seasons.  They are getting all psycho-crazy.. bring back the good normal plots and the action!

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2007, 12:40:01 pm »
I will admit that they've done a major shift in focus of the show, but I can't say it's bad at all...it's just differently good (if that makes any sense).

***Spoiler Warning***

Season 2 we had the faceoff between Galactica and Pegasus, in this one we had the awesome rescue at the colony...and who knows what they'll do at the season finale.

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2008, 06:49:38 pm »
So does anyone still watch this show?  I just watched the mini series through Season 4 part 1 and I'm in love.  One of the best shows ever imo. 

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2008, 10:56:20 am »
Yeah its a great show its just too bad we have to wait until next year for the final episodes.  Hope they do some interesting things with that cliffhanger.
-Richard Feynman