Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 17793 times)

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
Battlestar Galactica
« on: January 08, 2006, 07:42:20 pm »
The second half of the second season just started off in Sci-fi so I decided to start a thread on this awesome show.  I am suprised such a great show hasn't ended up with a thread here so I am guessing there aren't any fans of the show here.
If there are what did you all think of this past episode Resurrection Ship Part 1.  That one was intense.  :o

"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 10:20:53 pm »
I love this show! I was going to start a thread. It was okay last year, but it really has gotten better and better. And next week's episode looks awesome. Can't wait!
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline LoreAlmighty

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 01:47:30 am »
Wow, that show bores the hell out of me.  I've never seen the original, but this new one makes me want to stay away from it.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 08:00:56 am »
We are all familiar with your sentiments about everything Lore. I'd quite like to see the new battlestar Galactica but over here its always in a timeslot which competes with something else i really want to watch :(
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 02:59:50 pm »
Its a really great show.  Its not you typical action sci-fi show.  Its about the characters and what they end up having to do in their very desperate situation.  Plus it has Edward James Olmos.  ;D
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Flayum

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Indoles Est Meus Mucro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 03:44:33 pm »
I watched the show since the miniseries in 2003 & was a little disappointed. With Season 1, I thought it was ok, no comparison to Stargate (SG1 or Atlantis), so I really didn't watch the 2nd season in July. However, after Christmas, after burning through every Star Trek movie, I noticed Sci-Fi had a marathon of their "Sci-Fi Friday" shows (SG1, Atlantis, & BSG). I really wanted to like BSG, so I thought I'd give Season 2 a shot. All I can now say is: I have seen the light. The first half of season 2 left me in a daze, I was so amazingly impressed. Really, BSG has really surpassed Stargate and give the best of Star Trek, in my opinion, a run for its money. I am just so amazed at how much the show has matured. The plots, the characters, and the scenes are just so amazing... I don't have the words to describe it. If a show usually takes 3-4 seasons to become "truly" good, I don't think I can survive the next few seasons...

If you're wondering whether or not to watch Battlestar Galactica, without delay, watch it at 10PM Friday on Sci-Fi. Just do it. You'll be amazed at the quality. However, I'd advise getting up to date, as it might be a little confusing. Buy the miniseries & Season 1. For about $35 each, they're a huge steal! For season 2, get the previous episodes any way you can. You won't regret it.
Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 04:10:57 pm »
I guess I am the only one who really enjoyed the show right from season 1.  I wasn't that impressed with the mini-series but after seeing the first episode "33" I ended up loving it from there.  All the philosophy and plots that get thrown in are great.  Its what some call a space opera.
-Richard Feynman

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 06:00:39 pm »
I agree with you Flayum, when I first saw the miniseries was REALLY put-off by the "cylons are human", which meant in my book "we don't have a lot of money for special effects, so now the cylons are humans". But then the first season began and it was definitely getting better, but it was in no way as good as SG-1 but I really liked the complex characters, not to mention the fantastic special effects and beautiful cinematography. And then season two started ... and I saw the light!

Season two really brought this show into its own and now I LOVE the "cylons are human" plot element. This show has just gotten better and better and it is quickly reaching into "legendary sci-fi" status as one of the all time best. Serious, if you haven't watched it before and you like sci-fi you must start watching this show. It is simply fantastic.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 10:07:05 pm »
The ever repeating war of "the best TV series" Both filmed in Vancouver, only been the set of Atlantis so I like that better. BTW the gate is rubber  :P
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 09:00:03 am »
I'm tempted to buy the first series at a big discount of only £17.99 (think that's $35 or so perhaps, maybe a bit less).  I loved the mini seriies but don't have cable or Sky :(  Is it worth getting?  My friend down the road has it so i can just borrow his if need be.

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 08:35:26 pm »
"Resurrection Ship, Part 1/ 1-6-2006" this episode got to me on so many levels

Spoiler:
anyone see the preview for tomorrow's episode.....

Adam askes Starbuck to kill Cain
And Cain asks her XO to kill Adama

either he fails or starbuck shoots first

but after hearing the report that Cain stripped its civillian fleet for spare parts I agree that Adama needs to strike first

I can't wait to see what the outcome of the cylon/ human hybrid plot
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 11:36:41 pm by golgrig »
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Flayum

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Indoles Est Meus Mucro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 01:38:05 pm »
I'm tempted to buy the first series at a big discount of only £17.99 (think that's $35 or so perhaps, maybe a bit less).  I loved the mini seriies but don't have cable or Sky   Is it worth getting?  My friend down the road has it so i can just borrow his if need be.

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Compared to the Star Trek DVDs @ $100+, these are a steal! Really, anyone buying these should be charged for robbery. I'd run to you're friend's house now and start watching. I'm not sure if Season 1 has the miniseries, though, you should see that just for the plot. You could, however, wait for the 2nd season (full, not the "Season 2.0" DVD- it only has the first 1/2 of the season) to come out & splurge then in one sitting.
Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 08:21:57 pm »
I was looking around the web and it looks like TIME magazine has named Battlestar Galactica the best show of 2005.
Here is the link http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1141640,00.html
-Richard Feynman

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 02:21:39 pm »
Is this the same Time magazine that called Dubyah the person of the year? ;)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Flayum

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Indoles Est Meus Mucro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 03:22:52 pm »
Also named #1 (or in the Top 10), by TV Guide's Matt Roush & AFI, not to mention a whole bunch of not-so-big names/bloggers.
Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 03:31:46 pm »
Anyone else see the latest episode... kind of dissipointing, atleast "thousands of cylons Died!"
and from the previews the shows not done with suprises yet...

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Flayum

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Indoles Est Meus Mucro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 04:09:35 pm »
Although the latest episode, Resurrection Ship Pt. 2, wasn't as good as the last few, if was still excellent. For me, what really pushes the show over the top (10/10 vs. 9/10) is the music. I don't think this episode used music to it's fullest potential. I also think they could have concentrated a bit more on the battle. It seemed underplayed in significance. Overall, this episode was more of a transition episode: Cain dead, Baltar not insane, and Lee becomming suicidal.
Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 04:39:43 pm »
i disagree on the music especially the music used in the baltar scene, his acting was really good and it pushed the story when Cain died...... hope her XO does better as a captain under Admiral Adama...... does this mean Starbuck gets promoted ?
cant wait to see how the hybrid Abortion ends or if the Cylons retaliate

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 10:38:37 am »
Is this the same Time magazine that called Dubyah the person of the year? ;)

Well, their criteria was the person who had the most impact, good or bad....and I guess anybody who can do the jedi mind trick on 51 million people would qualify...

Back on topic though - I watch almost no TV anymore.  In fact, if it weren't for the 1 or 2 episodes of the Daily show and Colbert Report I watch per month (and the Boondocks, if I ever remembered to tune in), I'd probably cancel cable. 
I finally bought the season 1 DVD set based in large part on this thread.  I watched the first episode last night....and I believe I can sum up my feelings in one word:

WOW!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 10:41:12 am by T-BirD »

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 02:35:45 pm »
I do find that first episode really good and it just keeps getting better.
-Richard Feynman

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 03:29:12 am »
Lord Janos since you say that you can get the series for £17.99 I'm assuming you are in the UK ?

You should check out play.com, they have the mini series for £9.99 with free delivery.
I just got it last week, after searching desperately for something to fill the void left by Firefly.
It is well worth it,and if the series only keeps gettng better after the mini series, all I can say is WOW!.

Offline 5pectre

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Eurocorp Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 03:37:19 am »

Personally, I'd rate Battlestar as the best sci-fi show of the 2000s. **** all the other ones.
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 04:19:52 am »
It starts in germany tonight, so I can finally see it.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 05:13:03 am »
In the Netherlands Battlestar Galactica is on TV a few months now, and i really don't like it. It looks like the camera is shaking all over the place, it's really annoying. Also the story is to slow. But this is my opinion.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 11:22:13 am »
The show just started, seems good so far.

PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 02:23:23 pm »
watching the miniseries?
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 02:54:00 pm »
I just polished off the entire Season 2.0 dvd in one sitting...and I feel dirty.

I think I have a new favorite show.

I feel like I'm cheating on Deep Space 9.  Babylon 5.  and even Firefly.

This is one of the most amazing things I've ever watched.  Thank you to the posters in this thread for their enthusiasm which had finally convinced me to check this masterpiece out.

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2006, 08:13:42 pm »
Wow I did not expect for a main character to be killed off like that in this last episode.  It seemed like they were setting the character up for a more important role then bam.  I guess thats why they called it sacrifice.  :'(
-Richard Feynman

Offline Flayum

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Indoles Est Meus Mucro
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 02:33:18 pm »
-Spoiler-
I can't believe they killed Billy!
-/Spoiler-

Another great BSG episode. The drama of this show is just amazing. I really like the Sharon/Adama storyline dynamics. It's this kind of philosophical aspect that elevates it from regular Sci-Fi.

(Thanks 762 for the spoiler help...)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 06:36:13 pm by Flayum »
Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Offline 5pectre

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Eurocorp Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 09:55:12 pm »
-Spoiler-
I can't believe they killed Billy!
-/Spoiler-

Another great BSG episode. The drama of this show is just amazing. I really like the Sharon/Adama storyline dynamics. It's this kind of philosophical aspect that elevates it from regular Sci-Fi.

Damn it, next time you write a spoiler make sure it's in the same colour as the background! I could still clearly see the text. Thanks a lot.
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 09:56:24 pm »
Next time, you should try not quoting a spoiler, because it shows up even more now.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 05:56:50 pm »
When i first saw the miniseries i fell in love with it. But now i'm geting anoyed with the writers. It's like theyr'e trying to stretch the series as long as they can before the grand finalie (Earth) which means that they're throwing in a lot of "filler" episodes that don't contribute to the story line at all. Basicly what i'm trying to say is, "NO MORE FILLER EPISODES!!!"
Four Feet Good, Two Feet Bad!

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 11:42:01 pm »
Damn it, Battlestar galactica was cancelled in australia...what is it with us aussies..all we like are our sports and our beer and soppy soaps, and american police/crime shows...

I will revolutionise the country if this keeps happening..hehe and create a sci-fi movement (not a cult)..lol
 8)
Under construction

Offline 5pectre

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Eurocorp Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 08:17:30 pm »
Next time, you should try not quoting a spoiler, because it shows up even more now.

LOL. Oops.

Offline Flayum

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Indoles Est Meus Mucro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 03:08:36 pm »
 :-X Sorry. It looked the same on my LCD, sorry. I have now I taken it out. I found the exact hex color that the forum uses, but I can't seem to make it work. :n00b: It seems someone has left it in, though...  ::)

On a related note, the Season Finale is coming up. I hear it's going to be "huge". More up-and-coming, though, is "Downloaded" which look interesting  :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 03:11:49 pm by Flayum »
Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 08:41:38 pm »
For the darker background:
Code: [Select]
[color=#e1e1e1]Text[/color]
For the lighter background:
Code: [Select]
[color=Beige]Text[/color]

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Beomoose

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Serpents
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2006, 07:36:05 am »
If you listen to Ron Moore's podcasts on the show you get some interesting insights. The season finale's this week in the US and it's supposed to be BIG.
With Your Shield, Or On it.

Offline Flayum

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Indoles Est Meus Mucro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2006, 08:43:00 pm »
The season finale's this week in the US and it's supposed to be BIG.

After watching it, change that to BIG.
As in: Huge. Gargantuan. Humungo.

If the finale were a monkey, King Kong would be smaller than a Spore Microbe compared to the finale. I refuse to give any hint of anything beside, prepared to get your brains splattered out of your head when you watch it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 08:46:07 pm by Flayum »
Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2006, 07:06:06 am »
As much as I love the show the way it is and basically the way it was structured.  They have taken this show in a completely new direction and I have to say this is good.  Its going to be like completely new show now.
-Richard Feynman

Offline Psilontech

• Mystery House Madman
  • SCIENCE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2006, 03:06:07 pm »
Yes, BSG is doing everything right, they've changed the setting before it got boring and repetitive.
"Whatever Febreeze can't fix, a gun will"

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2006, 06:24:39 pm »
(after seeing the season finaly)
Damn! :o
Four Feet Good, Two Feet Bad!

Offline ElemenoP

• Battlezone Captain
  • All Hail, the mighty glowing geography teacher!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2006, 10:25:35 pm »
I personally thought the Finalie veered a little more into the "Ohh, What the Hell!?!?" Area, don't get me wrong, it was great, just a little....OWTHish

I persoanlly just like seeing the raptors and raiders trying to kill eachother (the Episode with scar, filler, but friggen awesome)
http://www.savefile.com/files/184513
HelperBox.  Ensuring a brighter future!
(it's a 9 megabyte movie I made in endorphin. It's pretty funny)

Offline Flayum

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Indoles Est Meus Mucro
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2006, 02:10:41 pm »
EDIT: Listened to the Podcast...

It's always interesting to hear about the Brain behind BSG...
Someone could earn some $ by recording GDC talks, I would definatly buy one.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 02:59:00 pm by Flayum »
Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2006, 08:51:11 am »
I must say that I'm a bit....up in the air...about the changes to the series. However, I did like Helo's time on Caprica, so I'll trust the producers to make my doubts vanish.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2006, 12:42:19 am »

Aren't you from Denmark?

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2006, 09:07:37 am »
Alright, I just saw the season 3 premiere, and I'm still enthralled by this show.  They did quite a few things I didn't expect them to, and the paralells drawn between what's going on in the new show and a certain present-day conflict are quite daring.

The lines of "who is right" and "who is wrong" are so blurry, that they're often impossible to make out.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 09:09:13 am by T-BirD »

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2006, 11:36:32 am »

Aren't you from Denmark?

Sorry it took so long, didn't see you're post.

Yes I am, but I speak fluent German.

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2006, 08:12:59 pm »
Actually it seems like the show is going the wrong direction.  First they have that cheezey bit with Baltar as a wastrel president (a common theme in bad fiction) and now they're changing the whole dynamic of the show.  It's like they're jumping the shark when the show is still popular.
I have been told

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2006, 08:03:09 pm »
Well the whole occupation is just a story arc (an awsome one).  It is obvious they are taking the show back soon to the search for earth and the rag tag fleet.
-Richard Feynman

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2006, 04:57:09 am »
One would think so, but they also changed the show intro, which is generally done once a season at most (hint hint)
I have been told

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2007, 01:50:17 pm »
So is anyone here still following the show? I for one am and I'm excited about seeing how the third season will end!

This season has had some great and some horrible moments, but I can't help but look forward to the cliffhanger..

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2007, 02:06:09 pm »
Meh, I stopped watching when they switched to Sundays.  It's still a good show, but I just can't catch it those nights.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2007, 03:03:04 pm »
Did you stop watching altogether or just on that day? Because I think there are reruns on a different day of the week as well.. Plus, there's legal and not-that-legal downloading as well.. ;)

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2007, 07:07:20 pm »
So in this latest episode they killed off a major character.  I am assuming the character was the Cylon in hiding we were promised.  What do you all who are still following the show think?
-Richard Feynman

Offline Rendition

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • FirstAdopter.com
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2007, 06:36:08 pm »
This season 3 is soooo bad compared to the first 2 seasons.  They are getting all psycho-crazy.. bring back the good normal plots and the action!

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2007, 12:40:01 pm »
I will admit that they've done a major shift in focus of the show, but I can't say it's bad at all...it's just differently good (if that makes any sense).

***Spoiler Warning***

Season 2 we had the faceoff between Galactica and Pegasus, in this one we had the awesome rescue at the colony...and who knows what they'll do at the season finale.

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2008, 06:49:38 pm »
So does anyone still watch this show?  I just watched the mini series through Season 4 part 1 and I'm in love.  One of the best shows ever imo. 

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2008, 10:56:20 am »
Yeah its a great show its just too bad we have to wait until next year for the final episodes.  Hope they do some interesting things with that cliffhanger.
-Richard Feynman