Author Topic: So Lord Janos...  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
So Lord Janos...
« on: March 31, 2005, 06:40:20 am »
You seem like an interesting gamer, if a little grumpy from time to time. From what I've been reading on the various posts you only like PC games, and even those seem to be a bit limited. So ... what games do you truly like? And what are you looking forward to? I find your posts interesting and I would be curious to pry a bit more into that gamer brain of yours!

Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
Re: So Lord Janos...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 09:13:38 am »
Good question!  And here is my answer:

I am a great fan of the Championship Manager series of games, and have been for years (it's now called Football Manager/Worldwide Soccer Manager in the USA).  However one does get tired of playing just that, which is a football management simulation (like you didn't guess), and i now play the newest version of that game on and off.  I'm a long term fan of Counter Strike, but playing it for 5 years straight has kind of burned me out on it.

Games i am looking forward to are Spore (but that's pretty obvious) and Roma Victor - which is an MMORPG based in Ancient Rome, and the developers are trying to be as realistic as possible.  I might try out Age of Empires III, because i have been an Age of' fan since the beginning, and am rather good at the games!

That's about all i'm looking forward to gaming-wise right now, but perhaps you might be interested in WHY i am such a grumpy gamer.

Over the past few years there have been some games which i have been looking forward to monumentally - World of Warcraft, Rome: Total War, Rise of Nations to name a few.  They have all disappointed me greatly, and i have stated why in my posts relating to those games.  So forgive me for being a sceptic about games, and especially about those ones which i felt didn't live up to my high expectations.

Perhaps i expect too much... but i can't really help that.  Hope this gave you a better insight into my gaming views!

Offline Mr.Heat

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 02:38:59 am »
I am a great fan of the Championship Manager series of games, and have been for years (it's now called Football Manager/Worldwide Soccer Manager in the USA).  However one does get tired of playing just that, which is a football management simulation (like you didn't guess), and i now play the newest version of that game on and off.  I'm a long term fan of Counter Strike, but playing it for 5 years straight has kind of burned me out on it.

Iv'e played CM for almost three years straight, until Club Manager was released....it wasn't as realistic and as "pro" as CM, but it certainly was more passionate than CM.... ;)

Heat

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 06:40:43 am »
Don't bump old threads damnit!

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 07:33:52 am »
Don't bump old threads damnit!

Why not?  If they're unlocked then they're still open for discussion aren't they.

Offline Gil

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 07:43:06 am »
the CM series was my favourite for years, and the only game I played more than 4 hours a day I think :D CM01/02 was the best. The games after that one didn't have the addicting power.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 07:53:24 am »
Have to agree with you there, CM01/02 was one incredible game... i played it so much.

Offline Jonny5

• Atari Combat Vet
  • The One
    • View Profile
    • Jons Blogs
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 01:40:03 am »
the Championship Manager series is by far the most addictive game series ever created, even if they are just a bunch of english football stats stuck on a load of spreadsheets :)
i love CM4
"there is no spoon"