Author Topic: Which Digital Cam Should I Get?  (Read 1318 times)

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
Which Digital Cam Should I Get?
« on: January 08, 2006, 08:27:15 am »
I know there have been a few threads about cameras, but I thought I would start one up again.

I'm looking to get a good digital cam with a nice good zoom on it (better then 4x if possible). I am also in the market for a digital video cam too.

Oh, and I know this is a n00b question, but do any cameras have an option in them to change the picture size, or do I have to use photoshop to resize them all from the 2000x2000ish size?

So any good camera, video camera, or combination suggestions would be very helpful.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Which Digital Cam Should I Get?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 11:36:50 am »
I have a Sony Cybershot 7.2 mega pixels that will also do some video. However it is 3x zoom. I also have an older Sony digital that will shoot on mini disc with 12x but it is very large to carry around.  I don't shoot that much video to warrant a separate video camera. The sony cameras have always been good for me and you can buy really large memory sticks now.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 12:18:07 pm »
I have an Olympus E-300 Evolt 8.1 megapixels.

It is a digital SLR and I find it to be superb! I use it for nearly all of my photography work, it has plenty of options for different kinds of pictures and you can choose from many different resolutions.

It is pretty easy to use and it is priced to move! A great bargin!

Here is a wonderful review.
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/olympus/e300-review/index.shtml

I don't know wheather you want a Digital Point and Shoot or a Digital SLR but I will tell you one thing; this is the best Digital SLR I have ever owned.

If you are only in the market for a camera to take pictures at parties and on-the-go kind of things than this camera is probably not for you. Consider this only if you are in the market for a camera to do some serious photography.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 12:36:14 pm »
Nice camera Patman. Mine is more of a on the go type. Its small enough to stick in a pocket and take everywhere but it's all I need at this time.